Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #31
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Since I've now got the Wii, I need to ask something:

I'm planning on getting one of these music games, but I don't know whether to go for Guitar Hero: World Tour or Rock Band. Can anyone help me with the difference between the two, so that I know which one to get?
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #32
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
Since I've now got the Wii, I need to ask something:

I'm planning on getting one of these music games, but I don't know whether to go for Guitar Hero: World Tour or Rock Band. Can anyone help me with the difference between the two, so that I know which one to get?
I'd get Guitar Hero: World Tour, better instruments and it has all of the nice features that the PS3 and XBOX360 versions have. (IE Online Mode, Downloadable content...etc.)

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #33
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

After reading a couple of reviews for the Wii version (since that's the only console I have), I may go for GTWT, but what I now want to know is which package of GTWT to get: the solo guitar pack, or the complete band pack? I know the difference is in the price.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #34
Sama-chan
Servant of the shadows

Do I LOOK like a people person?  

Well, there is a much wider range of DLC for Rock Band 2 (not everyone has wi-fi and/or wants DLC), and RB2 for Wii has all the features of 360 and PS3 versions, whereas GHWT for Wii only allows online play between two Wii consoles over Wi-fi.
When comparing graphics, GHWT for Wii has graphics that are sub-par compared to WT for 360 and PS3 (as did GH3).
On a personal note, I prefer Rock Band 2 mainly because the setlist, in my opinion, is better and because the in-game characters look more realistic to me.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #35
taranchula

I don't know what's sadder?

The fact there are Spongebob Squarepants songs available for download on Rock Band 2, or the fact I actually paid money to download two of those tracks just this morning?

Well I will say that watching my six foot tall muscular hairy tattooed frontman belt out "The Best Day Ever" did take away some of the buyers remorse.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #36
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
I don't know what's sadder?

The fact there are Spongebob Squarepants songs available for download on Rock Band 2, or the fact I actually paid money to download two of those tracks just this morning?

Well I will say that watching my six foot tall muscular hairy tattooed frontman belt out "The Best Day Ever" did take away some of the buyers remorse.
I saw that on youtube. It almost makes me want to get a PS3 and a copy of RB2 just to play that song.

Actually, I have only played guitar hero once since moving the ps2 into my room (mainly because my brother hates that game for some reason.) So by now I'm probably pretty rusty.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #37
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

I'm now an official Guitar Hero player!

Got myself Guitar Hero: World Tour (the solo guitar pack) tonight and played a bit of it. But I'll have more go's at it tomorrow!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #38
taranchula

I guess to celebrate the release of Transformers: Rise of the Fallen, any one who has Guitar Hero: World Tour can now download Stan Bush's 80's rock anthem "The Touch" (AKA The love theme from Transformers: The Movie :p ) for the low low price of "Free"

I've been waiting for a while for either one of the the big name music games to pick up this track, and now it's finally happened.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:38 AM   #39
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

MAJOR update for me.

Since getting Lego Rock Band for Christmas, I've been playing Lego Rock Band more than Guitar Hero: World Tour, and I have a feeling that there may be one of two reasons why:
Either because the song selection is great, or the graphics on Rock Band are better than Guitar Hero. When you guys had to decide, did you choose because of the song selection or was it because of something else? Because I'm once again stuck between Guitar Hero and Rock Band.