Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #161
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Just a simple getting the rest of the day off from work (left @ 11 am) - relief!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #162
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
Just a simple getting the rest of the day off from work (left @ 11 am) - relief!
AMEN to THAT! Our Principal let us teachers go home today at 3:00, way earlier than we usually get to leave, so even that was a nice surprise! Sorta makes me really worried about the upcoming staff meeting next Tuesday, though; when she lets us go home early, it often means we're gonna be in "lock-down" till, like 6:30 pm when meeting time comes around!

One thing that REALLY made my day, or evening, rather, was when I went to our local Radio Shack to get some cartridge in for my printer/scanner/copier in my classroom at school(yes, we have to purchase our own ink cartridges, and often, our own printers, as the school does not provide these yet requires you to have one). I only needed a black cartridge, but all they had available was two combo packs of black and tri-color cartridges. I REALLY did NOT want to go to Wal-Mart, the only other source of HP cartridges, since Wal-Mart is like a trip through Dante's Inferno this time of year, so I decided to go ahead and get a combo pack, anyway. To both the surprise of myself and the clerk, when she scanned it, it turned out that the combo packs were on sale...REALLY on sale, just four dollars each! Needless to say, I bought both of the remaining combos, for a little over nine bucks counting tax! ONE black cartridge of this particular number costs $22.00 at Wal-Mart, so I got TWO black cartridges PLUS two tri-color cartridges for less than half that!

Now, if I could just find that darn Foster's 2009 calendar...

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:00 AM   #163
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
AMEN to THAT! Our Principal let us teachers go home today at 3:00, way earlier than we usually get to leave, so even that was a nice surprise! Sorta makes me really worried about the upcoming staff meeting next Tuesday, though; when she lets us go home early, it often means we're gonna be in "lock-down" till, like 6:30 pm when meeting time comes around!

One thing that REALLY made my day, or evening, rather, was when I went to our local Radio Shack to get some cartridge in for my printer/scanner/copier in my classroom at school(yes, we have to purchase our own ink cartridges, and often, our own printers, as the school does not provide these yet requires you to have one). I only needed a black cartridge, but all they had available was two combo packs of black and tri-color cartridges. I REALLY did NOT want to go to Wal-Mart, the only other source of HP cartridges, since Wal-Mart is like a trip through Dante's Inferno this time of year, so I decided to go ahead and get a combo pack, anyway. To both the surprise of myself and the clerk, when she scanned it, it turned out that the combo packs were on sale...REALLY on sale, just four dollars each! Needless to say, I bought both of the remaining combos, for a little over nine bucks counting tax! ONE black cartridge of this particular number costs $22.00 at Wal-Mart, so I got TWO black cartridges PLUS two tri-color cartridges for less than half that!

Now, if I could just find that darn Foster's 2009 calendar...

pitbulllady
Speaking of Wal-Mart, you wouldn't believe how insane and crowded ours was on Black Friday! So many people...it was pretty hilarious when they started going after some of the items when the employees opened everything to let them buy stuff. They were like rabid animals trying to tear everything apart!

What would REALLY make my day right now is if I could get to sleep now...I'm so sleepy, but everyone's doing other things right now, so looks like I have to wait.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #164
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Wielder View Post
Speaking of Wal-Mart, you wouldn't believe how insane and crowded ours was on Black Friday! So many people...it was pretty hilarious when they started going after some of the items when the employees opened everything to let them buy stuff. They were like rabid animals trying to tear everything apart!

What would REALLY make my day right now is if I could get to sleep now...I'm so sleepy, but everyone's doing other things right now, so looks like I have to wait.
Oh my gosh... my friends and I drive to the store early in the morning just to see the spectacle that is Black Friday. It's so insane there!

My day is made because I just finished my scariest and hardest final... Intro to Acting was a terrifying class!!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #165
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

There's a lady whom I consider to essentially be a Second Mom. She's really been a good, close friend for a while now. Earlier today, it occured to me that I've probably accidentally offended her from time to time, so I approached and quietly asked for any forgiveness, and said a few reassuring things. She hadn't been expecting it, wasn't angry with me or anything, and nearly cried. As it turns out, the poor lady had been having a rough week, and from out of nowhere I popped up and said some very nice things.

If you ever feel like being extra-kind to someone, do it! You'll be surprised at how good your timing may be.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #166
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I was driving home today and wound up behind a little blue convertible Beetle with the vanity plate "[handprint]Y SMURF".
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #167
L.G.
Melvineer

I went for a ride on an airboat in Florida today with my grandpa. Among the wildlife, I saw a bunch of alligators and a bald eagle in the state park.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #168
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

We had an ice storm out here about 24 hours ago. Not a really bad one but everything is covered with a thin layer of ice. Doesn't sound like a "made my day" sort of thing, but the way the ice picked up and reflected the evening streetlights was beautiful. Add to that the high humidity we're experiencing and some of the ice-covered trees almost seemed to be glowing. Even better, it was warm enough to wander around amongst all the icy glitter and get a few pics. Nice way to end the day.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #169
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I'm not too fond of ice right now, but that scene sounds amazing. Do share!! Purdy please?

As for what made my day, despite being called in two hours earlier than I was due to come in, I actually had a good day at work. And I also made it home alive when I left.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #170
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I'm not too fond of ice right now, but that scene sounds amazing. Do share!! Purdy please?
This one was my favorite:

Taken just outside my building, backlit by one of the parking lot lamps of the funeral home next door. Lighting is everything.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote