Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Websites

Notices

Websites Post links to and news about Foster's-related fansites as well as official sites here.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:20 AM   #21
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I am going to be doing the GWH screencaps in batches to keep myself from going insane. The caps from the first segment is up:

GWH screencaps
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:23 AM   #22
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

WOOT! Thanks Sparky!
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #23
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Next installment of GWH caps are up.

For some reason the capture program "skipped" like three of the numbers in sequence, that's why it looks like there's a few missing. The caps with the appropriate numbers for those spots just never existed.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #24
Sparky

Okay I'm uploading the rest of these now. There's a total of 269, and I've divided the gallery into 3 pages to keep people from having to load them all if they come back looking for a specific one, etc.

I tried to get lots of action shots from the basketball game, but its hard to get stills of really "actiony" scenes because a lot of the time characters are distorted or blurred in order to give a "fast-moving" appearance, and sometimes those kinds of shots don't look good. I concentrated on action shots of Wilt and Larry, and wound up taking quite a few of Foul Larry committing fouls. Look for the one where he literally grabs Wilt's arm and yanks it back so he can take the ball from him.

Anyways, I tried to take lots of stills, and now its done. Maybe this means that tomorrow I'll actually be free to work on my Ant Bully fansite a bit, now that I'll have time to watch the DVD.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #25
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Nice work Sparky.

Shame about the crawl on Wilt 'n Jordan's hug tho. :p
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:59 PM   #26
Sparky

Yup. I usually just pass up shots if there's a splash ad thingie in the way, but I couldn't pass that one up.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:01 PM   #27
Ricky Fieldmouse
Revived Member

HELLO THERE. I'M DOCTOR RABBIT  

Send a message via MSN to Ricky Fieldmouse

I swear I saw mp3's from BFAHP on the site last week, and now they're gone! What happened to them?
Old 12-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #28
Sparky

I was having major bandwidth issues and I had to take them down. I plan to reupload them to another server, but haven't done it yet. (And they weren't from BFAHP, they were from that FostersFriends.com or whatever it was called game.)
Old 03-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #29
Sparky

I have just uploaded screengrabs from 6 of the shorts:

Screengrab Page - Shorts

I actually do have two more of the shorts (All Zapped Up and Truth Or Stare) but I'll do them later. I'm missing all the rest.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:50 AM   #30
Sparky

Default Sigh.

Well, I understood it when there was a giant tidal wave of hits on the site last November (because of Good Wilt Hunting); and I guess we can assume that this month's is due to the BFAHP secret codes. But this is about the fourth time that I have received a warning from my server that I will be going over my bandwidth quota for the month. It's not going to be by much this time, but still, you know. The forum and even the chatroom are a much larger drain on bandwidth than the screengrabs ever have been. For now what I've done is relocated all the images from the BFAHP section to my other site The Neitherworld, but I can't move any part of the forum or chatroom. (Well, I sorta could, such as the images, but it would be a pain to do it. And it wouldn't save much money in the long run if I divert too much bandwidth from The Neitherworld anyways.)

Therefore I am going to be setting up a donation system. What I'll probably do is get an account on Paypal just for NF, separate from my regular Paypal account there. There's a lot of ways to integrate a Paypal button onto a website and onto a vBulletin so I'll start looking into them. As for giving contributers their due, we can either agree that donations will be more or less anonymous, or I can give contributors special status of some sort on the forum. vBulletin does have tools built in for that sort of thing, maybe you've seen that on other vB forums. Sometimes its a one time donation and sometimes it's done through a paid subscription deal. Usually contributors would be the only ones allowed to have say, a custom avatar or something, but I don't want to take that away from the regular members. I could increase the PM box size I guess. Eh. I think for most people the payoff is a special image beneath their name that tells everyone how generous they are. Or maybe not use that system. I don't especially want people competing through money to look cool on the forum by having a special icon under their name saying that they donated. But, other forums do it. What do you guys think?

Oh - currently the site costs me $35 a month, but we'll have to move to the $45 package if we continue to use the same amount of bandwidth we've been using lately. And over time, we may have to move to the next package. We've already upgraded twice since changing to this server last August.

(And it wouldn't be very helpful to simply start suggesting cheaper servers for us to move to, so don't do that to me. Nor do I at this time want to look at like, dedicated servers...Maybe later though. As you can see it's not like I'm asking for hundreds of dollars a month or anything. Thanks.)

Last edited by Sparky; 04-27-2007 at 11:50 AM.