Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:25 AM   #111
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I thought "Frankie My Dear" was a season three episode, this makes this volume an even bigger must have for me!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #112
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

They did a rather good job with this DVD! I loved the new gallery of friends, and surprisingly the Cheese commentary is actually tolerable.
Spoiler Below
I just love how Cheese kept calling Mac "block head." XD
Old 09-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #113
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Hopefully some reliable merchant will have this up on Amazon Marketplace at a reasonable price before long. When they do, I'll be ordering. My copy of Season Two should hopefully be cosying up beside my desktop before October sets in.

I'm actually kind of relieved about the lack of slip cover myself, albeit for purely selfish reasons. My copy of Season One (which, thanks to my extremely disobedient DVD drive, I only got to play successfully last month - I'd previously let the blame lie with the discs themselves) was sent to me without the slip cover, and I really didn't have the energy to kick up much of a fuss over its absence. It might lack that blurb on the back, but the case itself looks respectable enough without it.

All in all I think dvd (and cd) slip covers are more trouble than they're worth. They may look rather smart and stylish when on the retailers' shelves, but once you get them home they're the sort of thing you tend to misplace and then accidentally sit on, or else find some other way of bending out of shape.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 09-13-2007 at 01:50 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #114
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
All in all I think dvd (and cd) slip covers are more trouble than they're worth. They may look rather smart and stylish when on the retailers' shelves, but once you get them home they're the sort of thing you tend to misplace and then accidentally sit on, or else find some other way of bending out of shape.
They're an unecessary nuisance as far as I'm concerned, just something else to deal with before getting the disk into the DVD player and before returning it to the DVD rack.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #115
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

I found Season One just this Monday, so I guess I can't expect to be getting the season 2 DVD until Season three is almost out, if there is one.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 PM   #116
don Jaime
Settling In

I found it at a Hastings for $20. Not available at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Target, or Borders. Not a good sign....
don Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #117
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Opened my mailbox today and FINALLY, there was a little flat box from Amazon. Thank You!!! I took the little box out and kissed it! (I'm glad no one was around, but, yeah, I did!)

I might be able to watch some of it tomorrow night, but I won't have the time to really relax and enjoy it until Monday or Tuesday. I was a little surprised to see that the external casing still didn't mention the commentary, only the paper pamphlet inside did. Was it that much of a "last minute" addition? I found that interesting.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #118
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

I picked up my copy today at HMV. I checked Best Buy at first, but they didn't have any copies...

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #119
KF
Newly Abandoned

Mine arrived today! I ordered it from Amazon. I watched all of disk 1 and a bit of 2. I can't figure out how to have the commentary on for Mac Daddy though. Anyone know how?
KF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #120
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF View Post
Mine arrived today! I ordered it from Amazon. I watched all of disk 1 and a bit of 2. I can't figure out how to have the commentary on for Mac Daddy though. Anyone know how?
I do believe you have to select the episode off of the episode selection menu, once you've selected it, you'll be taken to a "commentary off or on" screen and then of course it's a simple matter of just picking yes and letting the insanity begin.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote