Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #481
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

LMAO
Old 06-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #482
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

*raises hand* Me too!!!

I love that she was put in a police car screaming "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! MOM!!!!!!!!!" (Thanks, MSN.com!)

Nothing feels better than a spoiled little trampy heiress being put in the pen for a few weeks
Old 06-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #483
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
*raises hand* Me too!!!

I love that she was put in a police car screaming "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! MOM!!!!!!!!!" (Thanks, MSN.com!)

Nothing feels better than a spoiled little trampy heiress being put in the pen for a few weeks
You left out "brainless".

Yeah, it's a pleasure to see this brat (and that's all she is) find out that she's not above the law and can't buy her way out of everything.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #484
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Personally, I don't bother paying attention to the whole Paris Hilton deal. Yeah, she's a brat, but I could care less about hearing news reports of Hilton on the news. Who cares about Paris Hilton? I don't, but a lot of people seem to want to hear about her, especially the media.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #485
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Though Paris Hilton hasn't done anything that seriously impacts my life and in fact doesn't do much of anything at all besides wearing pink, getting attention for no reason and being stupid in a general sense... the judge who ordered her back to court? I love him. Even if she's really only going to serve 23 days thanks to the whole "good behavior" deal.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #486
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

The down side to all this is she'll probably get a book deal out of it and tell us all about how she was "wronged by the system" but nonetheless found jail to be a "transforming" experience. Yeah, okay.

The fire alarm went off here a little over 90 minutes ago. Turns out that our maintainance chief set it off by firing bug spray at a wasp that was just inches away from a smoke detector. Brilliant. This is the same dullard who gave me the runaround about my air conditioner. The surprising thing is that he was apparently working at the time. I don't know whether to laugh or scream.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #487
montitech
Foster's Legend

I find anyone talking about Paris (no offence to the French) ticks me off. It really is astonishing that this trash dominates our american News. I mean both her and Anna got more air time seperatly. than the recent death of Presedent Ford, or the Humanity merits of Jimmy Cater (over the past 20 years).

American News Media is just plain TRASH. It may have always been that way, but it really ticks me off.......... (well at least we have Cspan2 and Books on TV)

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #488
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

While I do agree, it IS frustrating, you have to look at it from the media's point of view. What draws in the ratings best? The death of President Ford, or Anna Nicole's baby's mystery dad?

It's extremely sad that it brings in more ratings, but it's not all the media's fault. The money has to come from somewhere, and if viewers are asking for trash on TV, then by golly, that's what they're going to get, because the media definetely isn't stupid.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #489
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
While I do agree, it IS frustrating, you have to look at it from the media's point of view. What draws in the ratings best? The death of President Ford, or Anna Nicole's baby's mystery dad?

It's extremely sad that it brings in more ratings, but it's not all the media's fault. The money has to come from somewhere, and if viewers are asking for trash on TV, then by golly, that's what they're going to get, because the media definetely isn't stupid.

I agree with you, However when I was growing up, we were always taught in school to respect the News as a reliable source of informaiton. and I ould notmind if the trash was kept to the media and entertainment shows, There used to be specific shows about this like "A current Affair" but now it seems like the less relevent news is dominating the regular news. as you said for Ratings. It would be nice if the news held more firm to reporting the facts and informing the people as opposed to racing for viewers.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:33 AM   #490
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannielou View Post
on a totally different note
I hate over protective parents
I can't say I can relate, since my parents are pretty laid bac (mostly my Mum, though. My Dad still isn't very keen on me walking home over the old rail way, but I'm allowed to walk it since it IS faster than by the main road).

There are a LOT of things that tick me off, being a VERY irritable person, but I'd have to say the things that bug me the most are:

This kid in my Class who is just a complete d**khead, and is constantly playing up, he's just SO annoying. He thinks he is absolutely hilarious, when he's been pulling the same wise cracks for over three years (you say something like 'That's weird' to someone when he isn't even part of the conversation and then he'll say 'Like you're face'.) It bugs me completely out of my brains, I'm surprised no one and has pucnhed him in the face yet.

The other thing that bugs me, is when my sister and my Dad get into an argument about something. My sister goes off in a mood, and my Dad just sits there and glares after her, and I just feel SO uncomfortable with him, so I go upstairs, and my sister starts complainging about how annoying he is, which just pouts me in a worse mood. It's MY Dad she's talking about (she's my half sister so we have different Dads), you know, and it really annoys me, even if she HAS been his step daughter since she was about... Three.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote