Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #831
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
Fairly Odd Parents. There really wasn't anything else on and YTV plays this show several times in a row to fill up their "The Zone" line up. What ever happened to variety, YTV?
Yeah it's either that or Spongebob, I mean come on YTV, whatever happened to Teen Titans or El Tigre?

Getting back on topic the last show I caught was once again Iron Chef: America, tonight was battle scallops. It was great to see new ways to prepare the most mouth watering of all shellfish.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #832
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

The Gruen Transfer

This episode talked about the techniques used for advertising road safety, and talked about the shouty-ads: the ones where the voice overs seem to yell at us.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #833
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17
Default In the Mood for a Crazy Long Review

SHOW: Transformers: Animated
EPISODE: A Fistful of Energon (no doubt a parody of the Clint Eastwood film A Fistful of Dollars. Ironically, no references to energon were made in this episode.)

I freely admit that normally, this isn’t my kind of show-- for some reason I’ve never really found the concept of “robots in disguise” very fascinating. (And it certainly doesn’t help that my dad can hear a Transformers reference and break out into the theme music from a previous incarnation!) Recently, though, my friend Elizabeth told me that in this, the newest chapter in the Transformers’ saga, Autobot Jazz sounded an awful lot like Wilt, and for good reason-- Phil LaMarr is his voice actor. The idea of a giant alien robot sounding anything like our favorite tall red IF was fascinating enough to get me to check out his premier episode, season two's “The Elite Guard.” That was pretty much all it took to get me hooked!

This episode was pretty interesting, though not for the reasons I’d expected when I loaded the YT clips. The basic premise is that a bounty goes out for Starscream, and it attracts quite a bit of attention, including that of Prowl (voiced by Jeff Bennett, whom we all know as Bendy, Adam and Moose), who goes out to do a little searching of his own. This part of the episode brought about a scene that Elizabeth (the same one I mentioned initially) swore that I would die laughing from, because it was so out of character for Prowl. The scene in question was funny, yeah, but… I didn’t die laughing. (Maybe it would help if I knew more about this series and had seen more episodes.)

From here, Prowl teams up with a bounty hunter who more or less gives Prowl all these insane upgrades and modifications to hunt down Starscream. This is where the “interesting” part of my opinion comes into play: from here, I found the episode’s saving grace (as this was not the best of the few episodes I’ve seen, and not counting the scene ) to be the subtle commentary on the battles of being your normal self vs. a cool but faux copy and playing dirty vs. fighting with honor. I found the contrast between the “two Prowls”-- calm, cool and collected before the upgrades and modifications; and almost arrogant (to quote one of the other autobots, “[T]hinks sludge doesn’t stick to [his] tailpipe”)-- to be quite stunning-- I felt, as I watched the episode, that the real Prowl had been bound, gagged and locked in a closet somewhere in Detroit (the show's setting) and had been replaced with the fake Prowl I was watching. I greatly preferred the former Prowl to the latter, and also found that the latter Prowl lost a lot of himself emotionally, and thus lost a lot of his appeal as a caracter. My strongest example is when the veiwer realizes that Prowl’s fondness for Earth’s flora and fauna (first addressed in “Home is Where the Spark Is,” and a major part of his character) has taken a hit: at some point after his return to Earth, Prowl and a Decepticon fought a short (but underhanded from both parties) hand-to-hand battle, with Prowl coming out on top and the Decepticon in cuffs. I don’t remember how exactly, but the team medic, Ratchet (voiced by Corey Burton), points out a bird nest that Prowl destroyed, complete with crushed eggs, in the fight. The shocked, wounded look on Prowl’s face said a lot more than any amount of good scriptwriting ever could.

Final Verdict: 3.5 / 5 -- pretty good

As a side note, something I find kinda amusing about this show is that a few other Foster’s VA’s have lended their voices to the Transformers fandom: Tom Kenny voices Starscream, while Tara Strong plays Sari Sumdac, the little girl who befriends the main cast of Autobots.

<Man, I was LONG-winded…>

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille

Last edited by WiltsAKGirl17; 07-12-2008 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Forgot an important comparison / changed some wording
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:30 PM   #834
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

detective conan- episode 505 "Lawyer Eri Kisaki's Testimony (Part 1)"

have i ever mentioned that this is one of my top 5 favorite shows? because i love this show. also i still need to wait for 506 to get subbed by the guy on youtube. :l
Old 07-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #835
Jackie Khones
Settling In

Gotta tie it to the bed post first  

Send a message via AIM to Jackie Khones Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Khones

Watching right now....Fairly Odd Parents
Old 07-23-2008, 03:40 AM   #836
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

The Pingu Show

Awesome is Pingu, yes.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #837
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

King of the Hill. This show gets funnier and funnier the more I watch it. Dale just cracks me up to no end.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:28 AM   #838
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

The Atlanta-Florida baseball game last night. Atlanta won 9-4. It was 9-0 going to the ninth inning but Braves reliever Buddy Carlysle got rickety.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:41 AM   #839
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

The Morning News on CNN, during breakfast at my hotel. About 7 or 8 guests were present; we watched live coverage of diet and exercise guru Richard Simmons talking to congress about childhood obesity. This happened while we were shovelling down mountains of omelettes, sausages, and bacon, with cheese danishes for dessert. Kind of ironic.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:45 AM   #840
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Nothing like sticking it to the media, eh, Cass?