Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 04-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Default The Scary Old Lady!

So my boyfriend and I were sitting in the living room the other day. It was a nice evening, so we had the front door open letting the breeze in. All of a sudden, some crazy-haired old lady seriously walks RIGHT INTO OUR HOUSE. She doesn't knock or anything, just walks in like it's her house. She wanted to know if we had a cigarette lighter and proceeded to tell us that she's going to the nearby apartment complex (the same complex that there have been countless drug and robbery-related arrests in, one being a hostage situation in which an officer was shot in the leg) as if we cared.

I got up and said "Hey our door is open but you can't just walk in here! Get out!!!" and walked toward her. She walked out of the house and stood on our porch (STILL asking for a lighter) whenever I had had enough and said "NO. We don't have a lighter! Goodbye!" and slammed and locked the door.

Had the woman needed help I would have helped her. But seriously, when is it EVER okay to just barge into someone's house like that and ask for a lighter?! What is really crazy is she's not the first stranger we've had come by our house and ask for money, rides, etc. She was just the first to walk on in like she lived there. We live near that awful apartment complex, but honestly our neighborhood is not bad. We are for the most part surrounded by nice families and old people.

I guess we just have a lot of crazies.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I mentioned this on here somewhere when it happened, but I had an old lady knock on my door once and when I opened it, try to get in. It turned out she had the wrong apartment, but it was kind of alarming and I didn't enjoy having to physically restrain a little old lady so she couldn't get into my home.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Yeah I'm generally terrible at being a forceful person, so I can imagine being that way with a little old lady would be pretty unpleasant.

This lady though... I don't know for sure, but she didn't look like one of those harmless old ladies. She looked to be on something, and given my location, I'd not doubt it. My direct neighbors are fine, but my entire area is considered the "bad side of town" anyhow, so a lot of the wrong kind of people hang around.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Might not be a bad idea to get a screen door, if possible. I know what you mean by the "bad side of town"; that certainly described my old building. Dang glad to be out of that hole.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

I agree. As of right now, the screen door won't be possible, so we're sticking with keeping the door shut and opening windows if we want some fresh air.

Normally I'd hate the downsides of living in the "bad side of town", but like I said it's really not TOO bad over here (despite the trashy apartment complex), plus, 3 bedroom houses on the north side of town are upwards of $700 a month. We rent a perfectly fine 3 bedroom house that is actually nicer than some of the ones on the north side for a little over $500 just because of the location. Crazy people aside, it's much more affordable over here.