Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I went out for Christmas Eve dinner with my brother, sister-in-law, and her mother. Excellent restaurant, a place called Dakota's, which is primarily a steakhouse but has other dishes as well. I had the "Dakota's Grill", as I did last year, which includes a steak, chicken breast, four grilled shrimp, and a baked potato. Quite good. Got a good pic of my brother's dog, too, which will be visible on my DA account shortly.

As for Christmas Day, I'll be online and/or with my Sims and generally ignoring the holiday.

Edit - Pic is up:

http://vejur.deviantart.com/art/His-...Loop-147941777

Enjoy.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 12-24-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Added link to doggie pic.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #12
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Christmas Day has already been here down under! I did go to church for the Christmas Day service, but afterwards, I went down to my sister's place for Christmas lunch! As far as presents go, I got a new watch, Lego Rock Band for the Wii, a $50 Gift Card for Borders and an LP of Spaceballs: the Soundtrack. Long story on the Spaceballs one!

Here's hoping that on Boxing Day I get to go see Sherlock Holmes!

Last edited by frankie_fan; 12-24-2009 at 11:54 PM.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Merry Christmas, all.

I attended the Christmas Eve church service last night, it was nice. Had Christmas dinner with my grandma, just the two of us (we had a big laugh about a present she got...one of those "Snuggies", blankets-cum-jumpers), and hopefully tomorrow the whole family will be having one big together, which is the best bit.
As far as presents go, I got new clothes, cards, and the latest Biffy Clyro CD. It's been good.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

All I got was gift certificates this year. They're nice, but I missed tearing paper. Oh well, lol.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #15
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I started the day being woken up by my favorite little alarm clock- my furry niece Jing Ling. She wanted her breakfast. Then the tearing into the stockings began, as is our tradition. After which we served ourselves some breakfast buffet style. And while eating around the tree, my dad handed us wrapped presents one by one. In no time the living room was a mass of wrapping paper, plastic bags, ribbons, boxes and other packaging material. My dad got started on the big dinner right away, since my mother needed to leave for work at 2 (she's a nurse). Kind of a bummer eating so early, especially after eating so late last night because I was the one who was late getting home due to my job. But it was very good.

I didn't even help prepare it this year. I would have liked to, but I was out right exhausted. They're working me to death at my work place. I really, really could have used a third day off last week which I could have gotten since I'm a full time employee. I'm really feeling the effects of last week now. I swear, I have no energy left.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #16
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

A Christmas story that made me laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afreOsPe83M

So, apparently this guy came back from vacation to find everything in his apartment had been wrapped for him.

His reaction (minor language warning): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvoYm3psHgs

That was a really unique idea for a Christmas present.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #17
Another Castle
At Home

I had a nice Christmas day- I got the MJ This Is It CD (which I've not listened to yet), some Wii points, and Wii Sports Resort- the tandem Bike race is brilliant!

I also saw the Queens Traditional Speech on TV

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote