Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
Vexacus07
Newly Abandoned

Default October Update

Here' s the new stuff:

*Help Bloo skywrite, tunnel into the movies and scare off an unwelcome guest

*Battle ghosts in the new minigame The Haunted House on Horror Hill

*Play with challenging new whoosh toys in Mac's room

*Discover international fun at the airport

The Haunted House on Horror Hill

Game 1 - Horrific Horror 1250 pts.
60 tickets
crystal ball lamp: no more electricity bills.
spooky island (music)
magic window: with witches passing over the moon
300 tickets
burger hat (hat)
suit of armor:luckily, it's not the bloo knight
magic mirror wardrobe: who's the imaginariest friend of them all?
best friend photo #11: Australia
mac and bloo photo #90
(thanks oh no bloo)

Game 2 - The Horror Returns 1300 pts.
100 tickets
coat of arms: Foster's Castle for Imaginary Wizards
coonskin lap (hat)
Hippogriff bed: part house, part griffon, all comfy
400 tickets
Movie 5
Charmed desk: it magically does your homework
stained glass rug: stain resistant stained glass
Best Friend photo #12: Japan
Hamstercopter: Rodent in the sky (buddy)
mac and bloo photo #91

Game 3 - The Ultimate Horror 1000 pts.
200 tickets
Wizard Bookshelf: magic spells and potions
Luggage buddy: it carries itself (buddy)
Enchanted Arch Wall: Moonlight magic in your room
200 tickets
Movie 10
Embroidered Floor: Feel the magic in your feet
600 tickets
Best Friend photo #15: Kenya
Mac & Bloo photo #92

The Last Furniture Set: Wizard

Last edited by Vexacus07; 10-21-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Vexacus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:40 AM   #2
Oh No Bloo
Newly Abandoned

The airport kind of disappointed me, I like the X-ray machine though.
There are 2 new movies, the prizes at the arcade are eyes and a space ship. I didn't check macs toybox.

The prizes for the first part of the game The Haunted House on Horror Hill-
60 tickets
crystal ball lamp:no more electricity bills.
music: spooky island
magic window: with witches passing over the moon
300 tickets
burger hat
suit of armor:luckily, it's not the bloo knight
magic mirror wardrobe: who's the imaginariest friend of them all?
buddy photo #11: Australia
mac and bloo photo #90

All the characters are in the same position.
Oh No Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Spanto
Newly Abandoned
Papitas, papitas, papitas, me gustan doraditas  

The new toys at Mac's room ar Wind Game, Water Game and Fire Game.
Spanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

So there's an airport now? Do you think it will be used to transport you to different areas? Or maybe just different games altogether, lol.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #5
Vicks
At Home

OMG LODE RUNNER! That was one of my all-time fave games way back when we had a Commodore 64. Yeah, that's how old I am. My brother and I would play it for hours. lol

Anyway, it's a SUPER easy game! I got to 650 pts by Level 2 by trapping the ghost over and over, getting the bonuses, and then running out of time (you have 4+ minutes in the early levels, 6+ min in level 5 and higher). The bonuses accumulate in the game, and don't disappear after a few short seconds, so you can rack up a ton of points by getting the money bags and lots of lives getting the books. This allows you to play the same level over and over again and not have to worry about running out of lives (unless you die before you get more books).

The key to getting the ghost is to shoot two holes next to each other in between you and the ghost. The ghost will fall into the first for 3 points, then he'll get out and drop into the second for another 3 pts. If either hole closes up on him you'll score an additional 5 points - for a total of 11 points per ghost. Sometimes a third hole is needed, but 2 usually did the trick. BE CAREFUL on the bottom floor, if you fall in the hole you cannot get out, you'll die once the hole closes. In the real game, ghosts will fall down through holes to lower floors, like you do. In this game, they don't, they will just stay in the hole on that floor.

I was able to get the score to get all collectibles by Level 3 and then just wouldn't take the whole time to pass levels just to see what higher ones looked like. With all the hour glasses you get, it's very difficult to run out of time. So if you want to get most of your points on easy levels, I suggest taking all the time to get as many points as you can from trapping ghosts and the money bags, then letting time run out. Do it over and over, and like I said, I got to 650 pts in level 2 before I decided to just move on. It's a really easy game, though. I don't think I went higher than level 6 or 7, so I don't know how difficult it gets later on.

Anyway, hope that helps!
~Vicks
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #6
montitech
Foster's Legend

I would think Jumpman 2 or jumpman jr better represents the game.

but my memory is a bit week so I could be wrong.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #7
Vicks
At Home

Nah, it's more Lode Runner. Jumpman and Jumpman Jr were my all time faves. Okay, well, I have a lot of faves, but those two were at the very top of my list with Lode Runner. In neither game could you "shoot" that I recall, you were shot at, but couldn't shoot. Remember, you jumped and had the ladders and up and down ropes? That may jog your memory some.

In fact, my brother found a TON of old games we used to play on the 64 and he's got them on the xbox. Not sure where or how he got them for that (I don't ask questions), but I've played them and it brings back soooooooo many memories.

It's really neat that Craig and Co. have incorporated a lot of old games and shows into their cartoons and BFAHP. I love it!
~Vicks
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
montitech
Foster's Legend

I guess my memory has been fading ,

Thanks for the reminder ~Vicks

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:06 AM   #9
Divelucaya
Settling In
Best Road Trip Ever  

I wish I had read the tips Vicks gave before playing this game. The first time I played I did not do much trying to trap ghosts because I kept pressing the wrong key and drilling a hole on the wrong side (I am not very game savvy and have only owned a Coleco and original Game Boy in my lifetime. I broke so many joysticks in frustration playing the former that I finally called it quits to playing video games). It took me almost 30 levels to get to my high score of ~1700. I played again today to show my son the game and did a little more trapping and waiting for bonuses and got to around 1300 in around 20 levels. I do like the fact that bonuses pop up a lot and do not disappear quickly (unlike Bedtime Bedlam) and that you have a lot of time to complete a level. I don't like that when you fall off a level you don't "drift" if you press the L or R arrow key. A couple times I dropped right onto a ghost. But overall it is a fairly easy game to play and anyone should be able to get all the gifts the first or second time around.
Divelucaya is offline   Reply With Quote