Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #11
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
My guess is that the producers KNOW that a lot of people (like the people on TV.com) feel that Frankie and Witl are serious character's. I know of a few people who think Wilt is TOO serious. Anyways, for reasons unknown, younger viewers appear to like it when serious character's are in distress, like on the old Tom and Jerry cartoons where Tom gets hit over the head with an ironing board, or hit with something so his face moulds to that shape. Of course, Foster's isn't a very violent cartoon, infact, the most violent cartoon I know of these days is probably Billy and Mandy (which isn't really VIOLENT at all, just a bit... eck), and because Foster's isn't very violent, I suppose the producers try to wind up the more serious character's in some way to ammuse the younger viewers. We aren't the only people who watch the show after all, and even though alot of us aren't to keen on Wilt or Frankie getting picked on or going completely off the deep end (though Wilt's little Temper Tantrum down the phone still puts me in hysterics) it's what a lot of the younger viewers like to see. it's like seeing your stuffy old head teacher pants in the middle of the busy school corridor I suppose...
It does seem to me that they're trying to really appeal to the youngest viewers, now that you mention it. There's been a lot more focus on Bloo, who probably appeals to little kids more than any other character, while two of the main "adult authority figures", Frankie and Wilt, seem to either catch heck or get pushed well into the background. Wilt really hasn't had many speaking lines at all this season and really hasn't had any major role in any episode, not even nearly as much as he did in say, "Infernal Slumber", and in Frankie's major role, in "CAGG", she certainly didn't fare too well, did she? Maybe CN was afraid the show was taking TOO much of a direction towards appealing to teens and adults, and was afraid that the little kiddos would be left out and stop watching and making the parents buy stuff, so they wanted the producers to sorta back off on the "adult authority figures" for awhile.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote