Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #891
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Wow! Maybe there really was some Hitchcockian menace there. I'm fascinated, can you remember what it was that you feared. I suppose children can be very irrational -I was afraid of the opening credits of Ask the family (with Robert Robinson) for some unknown reason as well as a few other quiz shows I can't even recall now.
I was afraid of the Gorgs. Really, quite deathly afraid of them. Actually, there was a little bit more to it than that, but the Gorgs were where the bulk of my terror lay. Some would maintain that Jr Gorg was really just a sad and lonely attention-seeker, but he frightened the bejeezers out of me as a kid. He somewhat lost that power in his later animated form, though.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 12-03-2008 at 02:12 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #892
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Even though I thought Fraggle Rock was one of the greatest things since sliced bread, (So much so that I went out of my way to attend the 25'th anniversary show at this years Comic Con. ) It too also caused me a bit of the childhood jibblies.

I used to own of those read-a-long books on tape deals, it was a story about how Gobo Fraggle had to go and confront some kind of monster that lurked in the Fraggle caves, and the shrieking sound said monster made never failed to send shivers up my spine.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #893
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Wallace & Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death

The dynamic duo are back, and funnier than ever. I managed to spot two (obvious) parodies in this too. But it was still a great short! Really enjoyed it.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #894
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post

The dynamic duo are back, and funnier than ever. I managed to spot two (obvious) parodies in this too. But it was still a great short! Really enjoyed it.
We adore Wallace & Gromit!

I watched the latest episode of "Pushing Daisies" last night. I really like this quirky show.
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:11 AM   #895
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post

Yeah, I'd heard that you guys in Australia were going to get to see the new film at the start of the month. Here in the UK, I think they're going to hold its broadcast over until a little later on to tie in with the Xmas period. I'm very much looking forward to it. Curse of the Were-Rabbit was a marvellous film which set a whole new benchmark for both W&G and Aardman in general, but at the same time it is kind of nice to see them return to their original television roots. Hollywood has clearly not gone to their heads.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 12-04-2008 at 07:12 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #896
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

The only thing I didn't like about the short is that because of the late broadcast, it won't be eligible for a Best Animated Short Film Oscar until 2010. But on the bright side, it has been nominated an Annie for Best Animated Short Subject!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #897
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Chowder's Christmas episode "Hey hey, it's Knishmas". It was funny and cute as any other Chowder, but I was disappointed it was just that- just another Chowder episode. It wasn't "special", or at least, I didn't feel it was. Now, A Lost Claus wasn't just another Foster's episode. It was something "special", and we could tell just by watching it, not just because it was titled a "special" instead of an "episode". Oh well, I guess I'm not too surprised. I still enjoyed it, though.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #898
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Boston Legal

The series finale, yup the show is over and I feel the airwaves are a sadder place because of it. The show did not by any means have a bad run and while I did feel its final season did seem slightly less superb in contrast to its prior seasons, it was still a top notch show and even in its most sub par episodes I have felt Boston Legal's worst has been better then some shows best work.

To me, this was without a doubt the most brilliant, sophisticated yet silly, intelligent yet humorous program I have ever seen on TV. The level of intellect and the incredible charm of the complex and iconic characters and their genius dialog in both comical and critical overtones were superb, sublime, and supremely entertaining as well as educational.

I came into this show during its 3rd season and recently I have managed to hook both my best friend and my girlfriend into this show by showing them the DVD seasonal sets, and thus I feel happier knowing I can share this show with someone. On the finale itself, I felt it was one of the finer series endings I have seen in quite a while. It left a minor hanging issue or two but nothing huge.

This show ended like it started, brilliantly and hysterically. This show has a very unique and distinguished sense of humor and feeling and I felt the finale captured it perfectly. It was an appropriate and a great ending to a great series and I am not happy that it is gone but I am truly happy it ended on a great note. Goodbye Boston Legal, it was a hoot while it lasted and I'll always keep this show in my heart as one of the finest things I ever saw.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #899
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Chowder's Christmas episode "Hey hey, it's Knishmas". It was funny and cute as any other Chowder, but I was disappointed it was just that- just another Chowder episode. It wasn't "special", or at least, I didn't feel it was.
It had Gorgonzola in it. Any episode that has Gorgonzola in it is automatically awesome.

Last edited by Mr_Bloo_Veins; 12-09-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 PM   #900
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Total Drama Island

The series finale (or so they say). They finally concluded the contest and announced the winner out of the 22 campers, it was a hilarious finale with some excellent juicy cameos from the other campers, as well as Heather getting even MORE karma smacked upside her head.

I'm not sure if anyone on this board likes this show or cares about who won but I love the show and in any case I'll be safe, the winner is
Spoiler Below
Owen.
I have to say I was honestly surprised and I didn't see it coming, but I am glad to hear there are more episodes to come and supposedly a new season.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote