Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Default Anyone buy Prince Caspian today?

I'm so excited! I got the DVD today for $5.00 cheaper than the regular price. I've only had time to watch about 1/2 of it so far.

Any other Narnia fanatics out there?
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

<-- Narnia fanatic.

I haven't even seen Prince Caspian yet, but I absolutely loved the first movie. And the musical score is to die for. As good as the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, imho. And I of course love the costumes as they're medieval, and that's one of my favorite eras of costuming. I've always loved the story. I have to admit I never got around to finishing the book series, though I did start it.

This topic could have been in the "Other Entertainment" forum.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
And now it is.

Not a fan but admittedly I don't know the series well enough to form an opinion.

Carry on.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I did, though it pisses me off Disney sells their special DVD editions at such HIGH prices. I mean come on, 30 bucks for a special edition? The average movie only guys like 22 bucks or so, even with a coupon I got from buying Wall-E it was still pretty pricey. I really hope they cut that crap out.

But back on topic, Prince Caspian was a fantastically excellent movie and a worthy sequel to the first Narnia movie. I felt the first is still a bit better but Caspian is much more mature, adult, and has a really compelling storyline with Caspian and his Uncle. Not to mention that AWESOME sword fight towards the end.

I really hope the 3rd movie Voyage of the Dawn Treader does well since Caspian didn't do so hot at the box office due to bad release timing. I feel its a shame because this is an excellent and quality made movie franchise that should not be screwed over simply due to a miscalculation on release times.

I hope sales improve for Caspian so Disney will finish Narnia all the way to the end because this has become my all time favorite fantasy book movie series. Even more so then Harry Potter or Twilight.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 12-02-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
<-- Narnia fanatic.

I haven't even seen Prince Caspian yet, but I absolutely loved the first movie. And the musical score is to die for. As good as the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, imho. And I of course love the costumes as they're medieval, and that's one of my favorite eras of costuming. I've always loved the story. I have to admit I never got around to finishing the book series, though I did start it.

You'll like it Lynnie. It was quite well done & fairly close to the original book by C.S. Lewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
And now it is.

Not a fan but admittedly I don't know the series well enough to form an opinion.

Carry on.
Thanks Cassini! I wasn't sure if where I should post the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I did, though it pisses me off Disney sells their special DVD editions at such HIGH prices. I mean come on, 30 bucks for a special edition? The average movie only guys like 22 bucks or so, even with a coupon I got from buying Wall-E it was still pretty pricey. I really hope they cut that crap out.

But back on topic, Prince Caspian was a fantastically excellent movie and a worthy sequel to the first Narnia movie. I felt the first is still a bit better but Caspian is much more mature, adult, and has a really compelling storyline with Caspian and his Uncle. Not to mention that AWESOME sword fight towards the end.

I really hope the 3rd movie Voyage of the Dawn Treader does well since Caspian didn't do so hot at the box office due to bad release timing. I feel its a shame because this is an excellent and quality made movie franchise that should not be screwed over simply due to a miscalculation on release times.

I hope sales improve for Caspian so Disney will finish Narnia all the way to the end because this has become my all time favorite fantasy book movie series. Even more so then Harry Potter or Twilight.
I bought the movie at Wal-mart & it was $17.93 (Canadian). This was just for the basic DVD, not the 3 DVD set or Blu-Ray.

Narnia have been my favourite books all my life. I do hope they can continue to make make movies of all the books, but I don't think people would continue to to go to the movies as there are 7 books in all.
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote