Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #51
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

This was a tale that only somebody as creative as Craig could write. It was made of so much awesome, that all the torturous waiting was worth it!
Old 09-11-2007, 12:59 AM   #52
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Aww, I wish I could see it
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:15 AM   #53
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Cartman, take heart, they'll air it again Friday night. Don't quote me on this, but I think it'll be at 7:30, after the debut of "Out of Jimmy's Head", which will be at 7.

This eppie was out of the ordinary, but in my book, that means AWESOME!
Oh my word, Wilt appeared in that Jedi giddap, and his eyes couldn't be seen under that hood, I was floored! But then Frankie appeared, and I cracked up more than I have in a long time. She was just too funny as a fairy. Mac's reactions to everything Bloo did and said was funny too. And then it came to a perfect ending. I just wish we knew what the boys did to be sent to their room. But then, I guess Herriman doesn't always disciplines for valid reasons anyway. I loved how it seemed "The Creator of Everything" was Mac. But of course, with Bloo telling the story, and with his ego... yeah. Bloo is indeed everything. LOL!!

Great eppie, great start to the greatest week in the history of the world.
Mr. H originally sent Bloo, Ed, Wilt and Coco to their room for fighting over the Game Guy, then Frankie apparently came along and bailed them out so they could help with her chores, including washing the Foster's bu...I mean battle tank. It appears that Mac loaned Bloo the game overnight, Bloo carelessly left it outside on the ground(per usual), Ed found it, Coco came along and tried to take it from Ed, Wilt showed up and realized it was Mac's game and tried to do the responsible thing by taking it for safekeeping(which meant he intended to sneak off somewhere and play the game himself, but at least it would be safe, right?), Bloo showed up and wanted the game back, a big ruckus ensued, Mr. Herriman heard it and intervened by taking the game and locking it up in his safe and sending the lot to their room.

OK, Bloo's version was a LOT funnier, but still...

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:13 AM   #54
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It makes me wonder how the other characters might have portrayed themselves, each other, and the day's events, had one of them told the the story instead of Bloo. Not as entertaining for us no doubt, but a potentially interesting comparison.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 09-11-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #55
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Oh daaaaaaaaaamn I'm just reading the spoilers and getting so hyped up about this episode!!! I wanna see it bad T__T But I don't have CN, darnit. RARGGGGGGGH
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:36 AM   #56
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
It makes me wonder how the other characters might have portrayed themselves, each other, and the day's events, had one of them told the the story instead of Bloo. Not as entertaining for us no doubt, but a potentially interesting comparison.
That reminds me...any of you(besides Sparky; I know she was)a fan of the old Nicktoon, "AHHHH! Real Monsters"? There was an episode where the three main monster student characters-Ickis(my favorite, poor widdle cute guy), Krumm, and Oblina-all had to scare someone at the opera house. By a sheer fluke, they actually succeded, but when they got back to the Monster Academy the mind-reader/projector thingie(I forget what it was called)broke down, so they could not just replay what happened, and each had to verbally tell his/her own version of the scare. Each told a drastically different version, and in each version, the other two monsters were constantly screwing up and putting the trio in jeopardy, and the one doing the telling always portrayed himself/herself as the hero who saved the day. Krumm's version was depicted in very simply, child-like stick drawings, and was extremely simple, because he just wasn't the sharpest tack in the toolbox, and Ickis, like Bloo, always throught of himself as some larger-than-life superhero with bulging biceps and six-pack abs, even though(again, like Bloo), he was really a sawed-off runt with major insecurity issues.
It would have indeed been quite interesting to have seen how Ed, Coco, Wilt and Frankie all recounted that particular incident(well, we sorta hear a condensed version of Frankie's take on it, near the end), with Ed no doubt going on about what "big meanies" everyone else was, and Wilt describing how everyone else was being so childish and irresponsible so he just KNEW Mac's Game Guy would wind up being broken, and Coco...man, who knows WHAT Coco would have to say!

Addendum-Just remembered the name of that projector/chair/mind reader thingie in "AHH! Real Monsters"; it was called the "Viewfinder"-looked like a cross between one of those big salon hair dryers and an electric chair.

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 09-11-2007 at 10:42 AM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #57
Nem
At Home
There's no "I" in team, but there's a "me" if you jumble it up a bit...  

Send a message via AIM to Nem Send a message via MSN to Nem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
That reminds me...any of you(besides Sparky; I know she was)a fan of the old Nicktoon, "AHHHH! Real Monsters"? There was an episode where the three main monster student characters-Ickis(my favorite, poor widdle cute guy), Krumm, and Oblina-all had to scare someone at the opera house. By a sheer fluke, they actually succeded, but when they got back to the Monster Academy the mind-reader/projector thingie(I forget what it was called)broke down, so they could not just replay what happened, and each had to verbally tell his/her own version of the scare. Each told a drastically different version, and in each version, the other two monsters were constantly screwing up and putting the trio in jeopardy, and the one doing the telling always portrayed himself/herself as the hero who saved the day. Krumm's version was depicted in very simply, child-like stick drawings, and was extremely simple, because he just wasn't the sharpest tack in the toolbox, and Ickis, like Bloo, always throught of himself as some larger-than-life superhero with bulging biceps and six-pack abs, even though(again, like Bloo), he was really a sawed-off runt with major insecurity issues.
It would have indeed been quite interesting to have seen how Ed, Coco, Wilt and Frankie all recounted that particular incident(well, we sorta hear a condensed version of Frankie's take on it, near the end), with Ed no doubt going on about what "big meanies" everyone else was, and Wilt describing how everyone else was being so childish and irresponsible so he just KNEW Mac's Game Guy would wind up being broken, and Coco...man, who knows WHAT Coco would have to say!

Addendum-Just remembered the name of that projector/chair/mind reader thingie in "AHH! Real Monsters"; it was called the "Viewfinder"-looked like a cross between one of those big salon hair dryers and an electric chair.

pitbulllady
I actually remember that show, it was one of my favorites when I was little :] I loved Ickis, he was awesome with his big huge ears =D

I vaguely remember that episode, but now that you mention it I do see the similarities. Makes me want to see the episode even more now D:
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #58
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Did anyone catch the dance scene reference from A Charlie Brown Christmas in this episode? Eduardo in the Little Lord Faunelroy suit was high-larious!

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #59
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

A Rashomon-styled episode would be a very welcome edition to the archives of Foster's in my opinion.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #60
Digifreak642
Newly Abandoned
The freak is back!  

Thumbs down

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like the episode. The only spoofs/references/parodies that I picked up on were Peanuts and Popeye. I thought a lot of the episode was annoying (I got tired of Bloo's voice by the end of the episode) and I didn't think that anything was funny. Frankie was the highlight of the episode, but she had a very minor part.

And the story was pretty darn stupid and pointless.

But the first time I saw STD I hated it but I have grown to like it, so maybe the same will happen for this episode (probably not though)

My favorite episode in season 5 so far has been The Buck Swaps Here

Oh and when Frankie first appeared it just had her voice and didn't show her, and I thought it was

But it will always be with us in our hearts...

Digifreak642 is offline   Reply With Quote