Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
Kippixel
At Home

Default Super Smash Bros. Melee

omfg I love this game.

I primarily use Fox and Captain Falcon and think I'm pretty skilled and attend tournaments every once and a while. Does anyone here besides myself play the game competitively, or at all, for that matter?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
Little Baby IceCream
Settling In
I think I'll call you Chewy  

I play this game sometimes. I usually use Peach or Pikachu.
I find I play on the computer way more than I play Game Cube.

Little Baby IceCream

Little Baby IceCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
Nem
At Home
There's no "I" in team, but there's a "me" if you jumble it up a bit...  

Send a message via AIM to Nem Send a message via MSN to Nem

Awesome. I used to play all the time, my main character for some odd reason is Dr. Mario XD

My main used to be Kirby but ahh, he gets smacked off the stage so quickly D:

I should really hook up my Wii and play it, my Wii has been sitting unopened and brand new in it's box since I bought it on release date, due to various reasons D:
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
WiltFan
At Home

Hmm...yessss...  

Smash Bros. Melee is one of my all time favorite games. I'm usually Pikachu, Yoshi, or Sheik. Mostly Pikachu though.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
Kippixel
At Home

Sheesh. Lots of Pikachu mains, eh? And Doctor Mario is actually a pretty good character, so don't think you're weird or anything lmfao.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I love Melee! I use Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser and, sometimes, Falco. I don't play competitively because the die-hards get on my nerves. All this "Wave-dashing", "L-canceling", no items and final destination stuff just takes all the best aspects of the Smash Bros series away, I think. I like my matches to be random, hectic, party like, and most importantly, fun and friendly.
So who's been keeping up with Brawl? The official blog site ( http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html ) has been releasing peeks of the new game every weekday. Today a brand new character has been revealed: Ike from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance! As a big fan of the Fire Emblem series I'm very excited.

Last edited by Medikor; 08-01-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:21 AM   #7
Kippixel
At Home

What, how can you not be a fan of teh wavedashes? o=<

But yeah, I've been keeping up with brawl. So far it's looked a little disappointing; Zero Suit Samus' availability was a huge downer for me. I was really looking forward to playing as her! Anyway, the Smash series is probably my favorite gaming series of all time. I just think they, especially melee, are so deep and complex, and the fact that they can cater to the hardcore gamer and just the casual fan equally well is amazing. I can only hope Brawl keeps up the tradition.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:56 AM   #8
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

It's about bloddy time some one made a thread for this. I'm a total fan of this game, the concept is just so devestatingly amazing. I mainly play as Kirby..... yes, that's it. He's like, the only guy I use. Because when I play as Kirby, I'm a total killing machine. I've never entered a contest, but I've seriously thought about it, and may attend one at my local GameCrazy soon. (Though the people that go there would totally woop me) Sometimes, friends come over to play it, or I go over to their place. We're all big fans.

I'm kinda peeved that I don't have a Wii, considering that I'm such a Nintendo fan, but I might buy one, if only for Brawl.

Last edited by Bloo2daMacs; 08-02-2007 at 05:57 AM.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #9
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

oh, dude,
I love this game too!
^^ I'm always luigi!
as I usually am with other mario games.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #10
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

Melee's a very cool game. I like the battle arenas. I also like to play as Link, Young Link, Marth, Falco, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Bowser.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote