Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:02 PM   #61
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
The plots for his scripts always seem to be a sorry excuse to have Bloo obnoxiously screeching in an insanely loud voice for 22 minutes, and the first half of this episode did nothing but confirm that.
I think you'll have to get used to Bloo's voice, it will most likely never change for your ears.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #62
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Cartoonnetwork.com's got an mp3 download of the "enhanced" version (as I call it) of Talk To the Jeans. Its exactly the same as mine only they included Madame Foster catching the drumstick at the end (I faded out right before that). It's just an audio clip from the ep, it's not like a "clean" version without the sound effects or anything.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #63
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I just posted them here. They're hosted on my site now, but if I experience a bandwidth spike I'll have to put them on Megaupload. (Let me know, anyone, if there's any problems with them.)
OMGGGG I DIED AT THE POTATOES!!! ED!! AND COCO. COCO!

omggggggg all these new episodes sound totally crazy and insane, I can't wait to watch them!! T______T

edit: OMG WTH ARE THEY DOING IN JEANS XDDDDD There're like RANDOM EXPLOSIONS occuring all through the song and I think I heard Bloo making fun of the song at one point XDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how Wilt could even play a keyboard with only one hand, since he'd only be able to play the notes at one end of the scale, the high end, unless the thing was programmed to simultaneously play the correct corresponding notes that he couldn't reach.
I haven't seen any of the new eps, but I did see Wilt playing a piano/organ/keyboard at the very start of the series. Remember the pilot? When they were in the Music Room he was playing the piano already. XD I admit it's hard to fathom how he'd pull that off, but eh, cartoon physics. XD

Last edited by ptps; 09-13-2007 at 07:31 PM.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #64
don Jaime
Settling In

Synopsis: Bloo roams the house looking for the source of a loud noise. This turns out to be Pizza Party, the house rock band. Bloo tries to shove his way into the band and fails. He sets to start his own. First step: KISS makeup.

Bloo's attempt at a band, Taco Fiesta, is Wilt on boards, Coco on jug, and Eduardo on tambourine. They're a disaster, and he decides to go solo. Meanwhile, Mac offers to make CDs for Pizza Party and becomes their manager; he also picks up Taco Fiesta and they become a Devo-esque success.

Goo MC's the final third of the show like classic MTV. The two bands are lauded. Bloo shows off his wardrobe and his "crib" (Frankie's trashed-out room) in a fake British accent. The bands perform their songs. Bloo comes out to a massive pyrotechnic display but has no song ready. Mac saves him by having an encore of Pizza Party's song. After the concert, Pizza Party offers Bloo their FX job. He accepts, but Frankie bans any more concerts because Bloo's fireworks set the building on fire.
don Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #65
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Finally got to see it

I didn't think the music was THAT great, but I did laugh a lot. Especially at Wilt. For some reason I always crack up when something bad or sad happens to him (Wilt fans, feel free to pummel me), like his look when Bloo gave him the keyboard and Bloo slamming the door on his head XD Bloo's crib segment was also hilarious

It was an entertaining episode, nice to see Goo again... but somehow it felt too short. The beginning was great, but the scene where Bloo discovers Pizza Party until Mac arrives was way too long
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:49 AM   #66
Starsky
Settling In
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
I think you'll have to get used to Bloo's voice, it will most likely never change for your ears.
It's not that. I completely love Bloo's voice, but it seems like Bachman's scripts tend to overuse Keith Ferguson's trademark extra-high-pitched voice, which is really funny for a gag but unbearable for 22 minutes (see Say It Isn't Sew). It's obviously not my main problem with his episodes (which, I'm sorry, I mostly find jokeless and devoid of any timing whatsoever), although I'm starting to fear it's actually the guy's main humor resource, especially after seeing Cheese's speaking part in the fifth season premiere he wrote.

Or maybe I'm just incredibly picky when it comes to this. But still.

Last edited by Starsky; 09-14-2007 at 05:52 AM.
Starsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #67
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Another episode that rocked!! The songs are awsome! And Wilt with the "Kuumquaats" was funny! And Bloo's review with Frankie's room a mees and Bloo's british accent is WIN!! Anyways, I gotta log off now. The next episode I missed is about to begin. In short terms, this epsiode is second place to "Bloo Superdude and the Popato of Power"! See 'ya!

Icon made by Xx Broken With A SmilexX!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #68
YuckieDuck
At Home

The best episode ever! The story was simple but very good. I disagree with Starsky; Darrick Bachman is the best writer after Lauren Faust. The best part in this episode was the music (written by Bachman). The "Designer Jeans" song is so awesome! When will they release a Foster's soundtrack? I agree with ORD that there should be a music video but in my opinion, they should send it to MTV and other music channels to play.
YuckieDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #69
LaBloo
Banned
Zombie Fighters!  

I never knew Bloo can do something a pyrotechnichan does.
LaBloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #70
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Most cartoons only go up to 10. Big deal, once you're at 10 where are you going to go from there?

But Foster's is different, it's the kind of cartoon that goes all the way up to........11!

Not much else to to say about this episode, as I agreed with a lot of the positive things that were already said in this thread.

Now, I am off to pester RedOctane to put "Designer Jeans" in the next version of Guitar Hero.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote