Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #21
fosters-fan
At Home

Send a message via AIM to fosters-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloonan View Post
Imposter's...
I just plain hated goofball, but a few lines were funny, I guess, but I HATE GOOFBALL!!!!!!
... Sorry. Insanity outlash. I have little to no temper.
Well, you're not the only one who hates Goofball. I hated the entire episode, especially Goofball, because it was pure torture on Frankie.

Yes; I am a Frankie fan, and I hate it when favorite cartoon characters of mine get tortured, bashed, or have to go through the Hell of doing something and added-on things that jerks make you do on purpose, when they're fully capable.

If that was me in Frankie's place in that episode, and Goofball 'Jerkface' McGee asked me to do something that he could actually do himself, I'd yell in his face "*BLEEP* Off, Jerkface McGee! You can do it yourself, and I'm NOT doing it for you!"

Yes; I hate Goofball with a passion! He should totally pay for making Frankie suffer! Then again, he should die and burn in Hell, and I don't give a damn about him!

(looks at what I wrote just now) Okay. Whatever I just said, I hope it doesn't end up getting me banned. I was just really mad that Frankie got nothing outta the episode but suffering and missing the concert, all thanks to Goofball. :\

And that's basically my entire opinion. See ya!

-Eduardo, 'Eddie Monster'

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-11-2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Naughty word modified. Not that I didn't agree with it...
fosters-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #22
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
I liked the episode

Mainly because I enjoy (despite the character, wether I like them or not) seeing characters in pain. I find it hilarious to see them go through hell. Because THEY're going through hell, not you. It's like Lauren (craig's wife) said about the first Goo episode... it would be horror for Mac, but funny to watch because it's pure schadenfreude

SCHADENFREUDE =D
That's not schadenfreude, that's sadism. Schadenfreude typically refers to deriving pleasure from seeing other people get their just desserts.

Frankie already has enough annoyances to put up with at Foster's without that kind of punishment. Especially on account of Herriman.

Now Mr. Herriman is a different story. (see: the end of Busted)

Last edited by cartman414; 10-16-2007 at 06:48 PM.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #23
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Imposters is a season 3 episode, and I'm fairly certain there is no season 3 DVD as yet. So, you'll have to look for it through other sites, or wait till someone uploads it here (which, given it's popularity, may take some time....)
Old 10-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #24
cartman414
At Home

Or iTunes, of course.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #25
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman414 View Post
That's not schadenfreude, that's sadism. Schadenfreude typically refers to deriving pleasure from seeing other people get their just desserts.

Frankie already has enough annoyances to put up with at Foster's without that kind of punishment. Especially on account of Herriman.

Now Mr. Herriman is a different story. (see: the end of Busted)
No, well... I was going for the swedish word "skadeglädje" when I realized... there is no english word for it, and the dictionary only showed me the german word... but, by the sound of it, schadenfreud is VERY close to two swedish word that could depict the original word I was going for

skade = derived from "skada" (to hurt) ...very close to "schaden"
glädje = joy

To take joy in another person's misery

the freude in schadenfreude sounds VERY much like the swedish word for "fröjd" which means pleasure, enjoyment or delight. So, it's not enjoyment for someone who's getting what s/he deserves... it's just enjotment in someone elses pain

note: I know NO german other than "we must extinct the jews, of course" and "that's a small penis" (both taught by my niece who takes german) XD
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #26
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Look, Imposters, wasn' THAT bad, you know. Sure, the plot was crap, but it wasn't all GoofBall's fault, you know. Just saying.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #27
cartman414
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
No, well... I was going for the swedish word "skadeglädje" when I realized... there is no english word for it, and the dictionary only showed me the german word... but, by the sound of it, schadenfreud is VERY close to two swedish word that could depict the original word I was going for

skade = derived from "skada" (to hurt) ...very close to "schaden"
glädje = joy

To take joy in another person's misery

the freude in schadenfreude sounds VERY much like the swedish word for "fröjd" which means pleasure, enjoyment or delight. So, it's not enjoyment for someone who's getting what s/he deserves... it's just enjotment in someone elses pain

note: I know NO german other than "we must extinct the jews, of course" and "that's a small penis" (both taught by my niece who takes german) XD
Still though, sadism is more applicable.

And yes, it was the fault of others as well.

I hope Frankie got reimbursed somehow for that misery.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:36 AM   #28
Dragonrider1227
At Home

Major Frankie fan  

Finally got to see this episode last night and yes, I can definetly see why so many Frankie fans hate it. It's definetly notone of MY favorites either. I want to set Goofball on fire!! However, one scene that got me laughing was when she was scrubbing the floors and clothed mice that looked suspiciously like the ones from Cinderella appeared.

[center]
Dragonrider1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #29
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 View Post
Finally got to see this episode last night and yes, I can definetly see why so many Frankie fans hate it. It's definetly notone of MY favorites either. I want to set Goofball on fire!! However, one scene that got me laughing was when she was scrubbing the floors and clothed mice that looked suspiciously like the ones from Cinderella appeared.
You thought that was funny?!?!

Excuse me while I go for a walk and calm down.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 12-07-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #30
Dragonrider1227
At Home

Major Frankie fan  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
You thought that was funny?!?!

Excuse me while I go for a walk and calm down.
I meant the scene with the mice. I love a good Disney refrence *shrugs*

[center]
Dragonrider1227 is offline   Reply With Quote