Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #1931
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

2012. A bloated CGI spectacle riddled with stereotypes (can movies think of nothing but estranged dad-husband/wife's new boyfriend/can't reconcile with the kids subplots?) and corny dialogue. $10.50 and two-plus hours I'll never get back.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #1932
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccook50 View Post
(can movies think of nothing but estranged dad-husband/wife's new boyfriend/can't reconcile with the kids subplots?)
This is so true, it comes up time and time again. Why would this be. Could it be because people who make movies think that people who watch movies are a bunch of losers and can therefore only relate to faliure heroes (who come through in the end).

If they want to be all fathers for justice, they should make a film about 'Fathers for Justice' who may not be actual heroes but dress up as superheroes and trespass on state property, ironically doing them no favours in the custody department.

Aw....Snicket

Last edited by koosie; 12-11-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: i gotta sort this out. I'm out of practice.
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:02 AM   #1933
Another Castle
At Home

The last movie I have watched was The Iron Giant, which stars Vin Diesel. It was directed by Brad Bird (who also did The Incredibles and Ratatouille) and was released 10 years ago. Due to poor marketing, it didn't do so well at the box office.
I was suprised to see Lauren Fraust's name on the credits!

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:37 AM   #1934
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Sherlock Holmes

This was great. Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law really are at their game here. It was really funny at parts, thanks to both Robert and Jude's acting work. Impressive fight scenes and witty dialogue make this film a winner. The only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler Below
at the end when Rachel McAdams was still classified as a criminal and had to be locked up.
But that's just me being new to the world of Sherlock Holmes. I'm sure if anyone here are Sherlock Holmes fans you'll know that would happen.

Anyway, a great performance by both Robert and Jude, and very funny moments make this film great. 4/5
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #1935
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

That's great to hear, thank you for sharing FF. That's one of the movies I'm hoping on seeing at some point, being a Victorian drama, and all. With plenty of comedy in there too. It's just my type of movie. Plus I always did like the Sherlock Holmes mysteries. The Masterpiece Theatre series is certainly intriguing.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #1936
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I also saw Holmes and absolutely adored it, I thought Downey totally dominated that film and proved he was worth the take up Holmes name and pipe. Also FF, I was under the understanding that the spoiler event you referred to came out a bit differently, as in:

Spoiler Below
I thought Irene was given the key to the cuffs in exchange for Holmes taking the stolen necklace back from her. Though I am pretty sure that is the case.

But the last movie I actually saw was Antichrist a relatively unknown film with Willem Dafoe and let me tell you......its better off STAYING out of right if you ask me *shudders*.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #1937
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
But the last movie I actually saw was Antichrist a relatively unknown film with Willem Dafoe and let me tell you......its better off STAYING out of right if you ask me *shudders*.
I'm intrigued. That scary or that bad?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #1938
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Also FF, I was under the understanding that the spoiler event you referred to came out a bit differently, as in:

Spoiler Below
I thought Irene was given the key to the cuffs in exchange for Holmes taking the stolen necklace back from her. Though I am pretty sure that is the case.
Yeah, I saw that. But, I still felt that
Spoiler Below
Irene still had to be locked up for her crimes, unless Sherlock intended to set her free.
So, unless they do a sequel (which they will be doing), I'll just assume that
Spoiler Below
Irene is stuck between being good and being bad.

Last edited by frankie_fan; 01-14-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Robert Downey Jr returns for Sherlock sequel
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #1939
ryanjf97
Banned
Yay. Go Chowder!  

I saw Avatar in 3D yesterday. It was on the biggest screen in Melbourne! Not so big but still bigger than any. I had the BEST seat. It was at the centre of the theater! If you want to know more about Avatar check the spoiler below!

Spoiler Below
Avatar is about a crippled man named Jake Sully whose brother (named Tom) dies. Jake Sully is flown to the moon 'Pandora'. Humans are unable to breathe the Pandora air so with the help of Tom's Avatar, Jake Sully goes on a big adventure on Pandora! I'm not going to see more or else it will ruin it for you! LOL

You HAVE to see the movie! It rocks!
ryanjf97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #1940
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

I spent New Year's Eve at my sister's and we watched the 1999 DVD release of Yellow Submarine. We never get tired of watching it. (The 1999 DVD release has the segment of the Beatles conversing with Sgt. Pepper's Band and the "Hey Bulldog" sequence, neither of which was in the original release.)