Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #1921
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

The Usual Suspects

Would you believe I hadn't been spoiled beforehand?

To Kill a Mockingbird

My family thanked me for bringingthis one in via Netflix.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #1922
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
Astro Boy

I just came back from the movies, and I have to say, this was really good. I really enjoyed this film. The voice actors are what made this film. Nathan Lane was really good as Ham Egg, Freddie Highmore did a great performance as Astro, and I couldn't believe myself when in the credits (and this is my Whose Line self saying this! ) Ryan Stiles was listed as one of the robots!

There was a lot more comedy moments than I thought they would be, and the relationship between Astro and Cora was really good. It was a great movie. I really enjoyed it.
Wow, I had no idea Ryan Stiles was one of the robots. I too saw this movie the other day and thought it was wonderful. It was heart warming, good characters, really loved the action scenes and Astro kicking robot ass in that tournament scene. I loved the animation style and for once I LOVE how Astro looks, the original anime never really struck a chord with me.

Good cast of voice actors I was very pleased with this movie, granted it gets a bit too kiddish at times but I feel the good most certainly outweighs the bad in this film's case.

Oh yeah.

The last movies I saw (besides Astro boy), Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and One Missed Call (the original Japanese one).
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #1923
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Wow, I had no idea Ryan Stiles was one of the robots.
Yeah, it fooled me too! If I can remember, he voiced Mr. Mustachio (if that's how it's spelt) and Burning Robot (I think he was the one walking around going 'Am I on fire?' or something like that! )
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #1924
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Have to admit....I'm a huge fan of Astro Boy, so I'm somewhat glad to hear the positive reviews. I simply hope it doesn't stray too far away from the original, especially considering that I felt the original manga (not the anime) of Astro Boy, as well as any of Tezuka's work, masterpieces.

As for movies I've seen lately, the last one in theaters was Zombieland, which was fantastic. I also saw Ghost Town on SyFy on Saturday, which was hysterically bad.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #1925
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Have to admit....I'm a huge fan of Astro Boy, so I'm somewhat glad to hear the positive reviews. I simply hope it doesn't stray too far away from the original, especially considering that I felt the original manga (not the anime) of Astro Boy, as well as any of Tezuka's work, masterpieces.
As far as I know, the only thing that's taken out is all the anime/Japanese elements, except for the Osamu Tezuka cameo.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #1926
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure

I don't care what anyone says, I just can't help but love Tinker Bell. She's such an awesome pixie. This movie takes it further. Most of the cast (including Mae Whitman, Angelica Huston, Raven-Symone, Lucy Liu and Jesse McCartney) return for a second adventure set in autumn. Plus, Rob Paulsen and Jeff Bennett returning as Bobble and Clank is just brilliant. These two in this movie is proof that they truly are one of the funniest voice actors working today!
'Still okay!'

I've always had an admiration and love for Tinker Bell, and I really don't care what people say, I'll always treasure these movies as much as I treasure Tinker Bell.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #1927
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I'm certainly not going to be bashing you. I've always loved Disney's Peter Pan and thus am a big fan of Tink, too. I have yet to see the Tinkerbell movies, only because an opportunity hasn't made itself known, and I guess I haven't searched one out, either. But I've heard great things about the movies, and more from adults than from kids. According to a test I took a few months ago, my personality is most like the raven haired pixie (don't remember her name), and since then I've been even more curious.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:57 AM   #1928
g.a.b.s
Newly Abandoned

well.. I dont speak english but i love foster!!  

Send a message via MSN to g.a.b.s
Cool

yesterday: Transformers (DVD)
in youtube: Nightmare before christmas^^
In movie theater: nothing... but I want to see Nightmare before christmas 3D
Old 11-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #1929
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.a.b.s View Post
but I want to see Nightmare before christmas 3D

That does sound pretty good actually. I've got a real backlog of films I've seen since I last posted but...well....you'll all live without knowing what I thought was so terribly wrong with the Star Trek film or what Munch reminded me of.

I think it is important to say that I really loved Moon directed by Duncan Jones. Good story, good actors and a
Spoiler Below
nice ending

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:24 AM   #1930
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Man, this was a hilarious film! Everything I thought would be funny about this film WAS funny, and better! Bill Hader and Anna Faris were really great, and there were so many funny moments in this film. I was really laughing throughout. There are jokes that work, crazy animation that you just can't help but smile at, and best of all, it never was boring! When there isn't any comedy, there's some great action scenes, and some family moment parts but they're brief! The best part was
Spoiler Below
the interaction between Flint and Sam. The end when they kiss was just so heartwarming and hilarious.

This is a really funny film, and the 3D works great. I really enjoyed it!

FULL PRICE!!