Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-24-2009, 10:01 PM   #371
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

My dad has Skype, and even a built in camera on his laptop, and tonight while talking to my brother on the phone, my dad talked him into installing Skype on his own computer. So I got to have a video call with my brother, whom I haven't seen in years. It was very cool, and I enjoyed talking to him and my sis-in-law.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #372
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I found out that my all time favorite online website "character", The Nostalgic Critic, is going to be one of the guests at an anime convention I am attending on Halloween weekend in Dearborn, Michigan. The con is called "Youmacon" and I was already planning on going but now this is a HUGE bonus for me!

This guy is hilarious, he has one of the funniest minds I've seen online and he doesn't hold back a bit at ranting and ripping on movies and cartoons. Here's his work at his website just click under "The Nostalgic critic", though be warned, he drops the F bomb quite a bit.

www.thatguywiththeglasses.com
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #373
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I found out that my all time favorite online website "character", The Nostalgic Critic, is going to be one of the guests at an anime convention I am attending on Halloween weekend in Dearborn, Michigan. The con is called "Youmacon" and I was already planning on going but now this is a HUGE bonus for me!

This guy is hilarious, he has one of the funniest minds I've seen online and he doesn't hold back a bit at ranting and ripping on movies and cartoons. Here's his work at his website just click under "The Nostalgic critic", though be warned, he drops the F bomb quite a bit.

www.thatguywiththeglasses.com
I dare you to ask him if he could get you the autograph of another That Guy With Glasses.com personality.

Seriously though that is one of the better (and quotable) original humor websites on the web, in fact last night something caught me off guard, that I caused me to yell to myself "What? What? Pumpkin? What? Pumpkin? What?!"

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #374
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I saw today that my local Disney Store had had its first shipment of Up merchandise, so I went in and bought a plush toy and fridge magnet of Alpha the doberman (the film doesn't come out in the UK for another month, since they're clearly holding it over to be the big family movie for the October half-term, but from the trailers and clips I've seen thus far I think that Alpha's all set to be my favourite character). Anyway, the lady at the check-out informed me that I was the first person to buy Up merchandise at that particular store. So that made me feel special.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 09-07-2009 at 11:05 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #375
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

The cockatiel who lives across the courtyard has learned to wolf-whistle. Anyone who knows a tiel who can wolf-whistle will tell you, they will do it incessantly. This one holds a "concert" for about 40 minutes twice a day. I wouldn't want to be its owners, but from over here its awfully cute.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #376
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

CN actually stuck to their schedule today! Well, they did this morning anyway. And I got up in time to see none other than Foster's! I was so happy to see it on my TV screen, and knowing it wasn't a DVD, VHS or DVR recording that I was watching. It was actually on CN! I'm amazed and thrilled!

The eppie today was Affair Weather Friends. I enjoyed seeing Mac going into a sugar high again.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:37 AM   #377
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
CN actually stuck to their schedule today! Well, they did this morning anyway. And I got up in time to see none other than Foster's! I was so happy to see it on my TV screen, and knowing it wasn't a DVD, VHS or DVR recording that I was watching. It was actually on CN! I'm amazed and thrilled!

The eppie today was Affair Weather Friends. I enjoyed seeing Mac going into a sugar high again.
It's nice to know that CN haven't completely abandoned the good stuff.

Just got a new bank card, a Visa, and got myself signed up to PayPal with it, so I may be able to buy online for the first time.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #378
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

My dad's in Minnesota for a week. It's much more quiet here.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #379
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

My heater came on for the first time last night since last spring. And it never got out of the 50s today. And on my way home from work it started raining cats and dogs. And after I got home, I heard thunder! It all builds up to be a pretty good day! Weather wise, at least.

Although, I suppose I had a good day at work today too.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #380
happy80schild
Newly Abandoned

How come it's the bad ideas people remember  

Send a message via Yahoo to happy80schild

Went grocery shopping yesterday and wound up at the ice cream section to umm... buy umm... broccoli yeah that's it and found my favorite ice cream edy's peppermint is in stock early as it is only availble during christmas

so happy and some how some fell in my cart.
Better condition Driving Miss Crazy
happy80schild is offline   Reply With Quote