Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #21
Kamikaze
Newly Abandoned
[Insert witty text handle here]  

Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze

I remember this show. Season 1 was the best IMO. I guess it appealed to girls more then boys, but I liked it

I was sort of a fanatic in the 90's. Bought the VHS's alot. I think I got all the movies... Though I was suprised of the shows fall, seeing it was catching on so well. Short lived much?

I actually liked Sailor Mars and her red hot attitude. Sort of reminded me of myself back in the day. As for episodes, Season 1's last episode was very good. Though I liked the movies better
Old 10-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #22
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I'm approaching the end of Season One on my DVD collection; I ran a mini-marathon yesterday, Episodes 25-36, while my system was busy moving data from the C drive to the F drive. It's been getting pretty intense, but there've been some funny moments, too, such as the episode where Serena and Lita are competing over Andrew. (Had to smile grimly about that one; on the rare occasions when I've had to deal with rivals, I don't talk to them, I take them down, and by any means necessary.) And you can always count on Sailor Moon to say something stupidly cute. I won't bother citing examples; there're too many to choose from.

I've got to say this, too; watching Lita transform into Sailor Jupiter... wow. In particular, the sequence where the camera starts on her green lace-up boots and works up to her tiara while she spins really takes my breath away.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #23
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I've got to say this, too; watching Lita transform into Sailor Jupiter... wow. In particular, the sequence where the camera starts on her green lace-up boots and works up to her tiara while she spins really takes my breath away.
Yeah her transformation really is something else, I always found hers and Mars to have the most unique and visually exotic transformation sequences. I don't ever get tired of them. Speaking of the Andrew thing, it's sad but cute to see Lita go googly eyes for guys again.

Her "ex-boyfriend" thing turned into a running gag but I always found her approach to meeting new guys to be truly genuine. She's shy and isn't egotistical about anything and she doesn't shower you with attention as aggressively as Raye tried to do with Darien when she "dated him".

I honestly never could see how Raye thought Darien liked her, I mean it just seemed way out there for me. Despite the fact he's displayed as a burnt out bonehead, I really like Chad and his relationship with Raye, the moments when she admits to crushing on him are BEYOND adorable to watch.

Wait till you get to the Doom Tree saga Cass, there's a great Jupiter episode in there that I remember vividly.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:05 PM   #24
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

It'll be coming up soon, depending on how often I play the disks. Eh, I may do another marathon over the weekend, just to finish out the season.

Another bit last night that was cute and kind of sweet was Melvin trying to be like Tuxedo Mask to impress Molly. Better yet was watching Zoycite moan and complain about chasing after Luna and Hercules down in the sewer system, and his/her reaction to that huge swarm of mice. Not a good day to be a villain.

Yeah, I liked Chad, too. On the intelligence scale I don't think he's too far ahead of Terrence, but his heart is in the right place, which counts for a lot.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #25
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Another bit last night that was cute and kind of sweet was Melvin trying to be like Tuxedo Mask to impress Molly. Better yet was watching Zoycite moan and complain about chasing after Luna and Hercules down in the sewer system, and his/her reaction to that huge swarm of mice. Not a good day to be a villain.

Yeah, I liked Chad, too. On the intelligence scale I don't think he's too far ahead of Terrence, but his heart is in the right place, which counts for a lot.
You know Molly was never a big character and neither was Melvin so the fact they are hooking up actually makes perfect sense. Like you said with Chad not being the brightest, the fact he does such stuff for Raye (aka his heart) certainly matters more. I think that actually matters the absolute most.

There are plenty of people with super model looks and bucket loads of cash in their pockets, but very few of them would be willing to do the stuff Melvin and Chad have done for their girls. Melvin defines nerd but for someone to spend all night at Molly's doorstep in the costume, that's admirable stuff.

Melvin does something similar for Molly in the Doom Tree saga during a Cherry Blossom festival episode. I'm SO glad you enjoyed that cat episode. I thought it was sad but funny to see Luna getting chased by all those cats, especially the little one that bit her tail and tubby old Hercules crushing on her.

hot damn that was so cute! I too loved Zoycite's dealing with the rats, its rare to see bad guys as strong as these put in such weird moments. I hope you enjoyed that classic moment with Mercury, Moon, and Jupiter getting stuck in the alley and Jupiter getting a "peek" at Mercury .

I can't believe they got away with airing that on TV.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:49 PM   #26
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
You know Molly was never a big character and neither was Melvin so the fact they are hooking up actually makes perfect sense. Like you said with Chad not being the brightest, the fact he does such stuff for Raye (aka his heart) certainly matters more. I think that actually matters the absolute most.

There are plenty of people with super model looks and bucket loads of cash in their pockets, but very few of them would be willing to do the stuff Melvin and Chad have done for their girls. Melvin defines nerd but for someone to spend all night at Molly's doorstep in the costume, that's admirable stuff.

Melvin does something similar for Molly in the Doom Tree saga during a Cherry Blossom festival episode. I'm SO glad you enjoyed that cat episode. I thought it was sad but funny to see Luna getting chased by all those cats, especially the little one that bit her tail and tubby old Hercules crushing on her.

hot damn that was so cute! I too loved Zoycite's dealing with the rats, its rare to see bad guys as strong as these put in such weird moments. I hope you enjoyed that classic moment with Mercury, Moon, and Jupiter getting stuck in the alley and Jupiter getting a "peek" at Mercury .

I can't believe they got away with airing that on TV.
You've got to give them credit for dedication; it's not all that common a trait anymore. Molly and Melvin do make a cute couple, too, which isn't something I say very often.

Hercules was great. Who couldn't love a tubby tabby? It struck me as interesting that of the seven great Yoma he was not only the only one that wasn't reincarnated as a human but he was also the only one that didn't try to attack anyone. Maybe a subtle commentary by the writers? The whole episode was fun, though, especially Zoycite's exaspiration about the situation. And he can call Herc an ugly cat all he wants, I thought he was adorable.

Yep, definitely enjoyed the "peek" shot, more than Lita did I suspect. . In truth there are a number of shots like that, visible from the viewer's side of the screen, although most of them go by pretty quickly. The live-action version was much worse in that regard; you were just about guaranteed to get flashed once or twice per episode. I suppose it's the nature of the outfit; it happens during the winter Olympics quite a bit, too.

I don't want to turn this into a Sailor Jupiter appreciation thread, but, well, I had to make this:

Don't think for a moment that Frankie isn't still my first, best choice; she is, and by a very wide margin. But I do think that Lita's earned a tribute or two.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #27
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:

Don't think for a moment that Frankie isn't still my first, best choice; she is, and by a very wide margin. But I do think that Lita's earned a tribute or two.
If you don't use that, can I?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #28
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Help yourself. I look forward to reading the personal text, too.

Anime girls make great avatars.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-25-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #29
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Help yourself. I look forward to reading the personal text, too.

Anime girls make great avatars.
Indeed they do.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #30
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
I always used to think Sailor Moon was a girls show when it first aired in Australia. Now look at me. I'm grabbing images left and right of the Scouts (my favourite being Venus).
I'm curious as to why she's your favorite. She struck me as possibly being the most friendly of the five but she's also the one that I know the least. I know her more from what I've read about her than what I've seen on TV.