Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #11
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
It will be awhile before I see any of the movies, as I am determined to watch everything in chronological order (as defined by the game book) but I'm certainly looking forward to them all.
The movies don't really connect to the progress of the main series other then introducing characters. The first movie has Rini in it, that's the extent of the connection it has far as chronology goes.

The second and 3rd movies however involve more but the first movie doesn't have anything other then Rini far as story elements used from the show. It also features (in my opinion) the coolest and most developed movie villain, Fiore.

Speaking of the movies, I was really upset to hear the ending finale music in the original Japanese version of "Promise of the Rose" after having hearing the English track "power of love" from the dubbed VHS tape I used to have. It sounds TERRIBLE!

Sometimes Japanese music isn't all its cracked up to be, Sailor Moon is definitely one of them, her English theme song is a classic TV intro song and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 10-15-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #12
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I don't remember a lot about Sailor Moon. It was the show that my sister watched so I did see a lot of it. I never really saw it as more than a "girls Power Ranger" at the time. Now I know that it's a lot deeper and a fine peace of story telling.
About the only other thing I can think of saying is that former YTV host "Sugar" did the voice of Mini Moon in the dub. She's left to the States to further her carer, though. It's shame too since she was probably the best host YTV had since the original "PG's".
Old 10-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #13
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

DiC did censor out the scene from episode 66/73 where Serena/Usagi almost slaps Rini/Chibi-usa when her fellow comrades are kidnapped by Rubeus on account of Rini sneaking off with Serena's silver crystal.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:59 PM   #14
Wendi
sup B)

lol hay sir.  

I used to watch this show all of the time! :] It was my favorite, but I grew out of that and anime. I really can't stand anime anymore.
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:30 PM   #15
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman414 View Post
DiC did censor out the scene from episode 66/73 where Serena/Usagi almost slaps Rini/Chibi-usa when her fellow comrades are kidnapped by Rubeus on account of Rini sneaking off with Serena's silver crystal.
Now THAT I would have liked to see, pardon my Rini bashing if you please. Thank god that they kept Sailor Uranus and Neptune as lesbian lovers (since that's what they are) when they dubbed the rest of the series.

I was so surprised to see them have an episode where Mina and Serena actually thought Uranus was a guy and spent all of it trying to nab her attention. Call me crazy, but there's nothing more disturbing then not being able to automatically identify someone's gender by immediately looking at them.

Granted Uranus does dress in man like clothes, I would think the skin, feminine eyes and the voice would be a dead give away. I personally liked Neptune over Uranus though. Uranus was way too rude and really didn't seem to be socially house broken. I was upset she stomped on Lita/Jupiter so harshly.

Speaking of which, I'm mad period that people started spreading rumors saying Jupiter was gay because she looked up to Uranus as an idol of sorts. Lita is guy crazy 100% and that kinda bugs me people would assume that. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just I think people take any kind of "draw" towards another automatically as sexual attraction to them.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #16
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
I used to watch this show all of the time! :] It was my favorite, but I grew out of that and anime. I really can't stand anime anymore.
Really? Why not?

Anyways, I've seen a bit of this show, it looks very good. IT used to air when I was younger, and I thought it was a "Girls Only" show.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #17
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
Anyways, I've seen a bit of this show, it looks very good. IT used to air when I was younger, and I thought it was a "Girls Only" show.
It is but that doesn't mean guys can't enjoy it either. When "Card Captors" was dubbed and brought to America, it was put on public TV and it was actually modeled to look like a boys show even though its a VERY girl orientated show.

Animes with target audiences can attract all kinds of different age ranges, look at Fosters and us. Its a kids show yet us older viewers are watching and loving it.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:35 PM   #18
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
When "Card Captors" was dubbed and brought to America, it was put on public TV and it was actually modeled to look like a boys show even though its a VERY girl orientated show.
LOL! That must've been why I liked it the first time around!

Either way, I always used to think Sailor Moon was a girls show when it first aired in Australia. Now look at me. I'm grabbing images left and right of the Scouts (my favourite being Venus).
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #19
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I watched Sailor Moon nearly through all of high school. I knew it was a girls show kind of from the start, from the music to the characters to even the whole romance thing through Darien and Serena. But it never really bothered me and oddly enough, my brother got into it too and watched it as well.

Now he doesn't care for it of course but I still do and still love and enjoy it. I really felt the show got out of whack and unoriginal after the Pegasus saga. The villains all seemed the same and there wasn't much of a unique plot going. Most of the prior sagas had unique ideas of why the villains were here.

From snatching hearts, draining energy, to stealing dreams, eventually they reached the point where I felt it was done. As I have promptly announced several times (and quite proudly I might add), Jupiter is my all time Sailor sweetheart. But my second would oddly enough be Sailor Mercury.

For a brainiac she was awfully cute and the most honest person I saw on the show. I loved her relationship with Greg (a rainbow crystal monster, Bumboo) and even though she is essentially the weakest scout, I still liked her as a character. My 2nd fav was originally Sailor Mars but she kind of bugs me.

I feel she's way too snotty and crass to Sailor Moon, I know Moon can be a real blond sometimes but I think Mars rips on her way too much and doesn't give her any credit for all the stuff Moon has done and the emotional roller coasters she's ridden on with Darien. Thankfully she mellows out as the show progresses.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #20
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I really felt the show got out of whack and unoriginal after the Pegasus saga. The villains all seemed the same and there wasn't much of a unique plot going. Most of the prior sagas had unique ideas of why the villains were here.
Sounds kind of like Inuyasha. The show was refreshing and fun for the first couple seasons but just got really repetitive. It seemed like every time they finally caught up to Naraku and fought him he would just make a new body and run off again.
It didn't take long for the show to feel like it was stretching itself as much as it could. Sometimes I really felt that it was going nowhere fast.