Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #1391
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
That new Mentos ad where a guy sitting next to a water cooler eats a Mentos and a hot woman comes up and Frenches him and makes gulping sounds like she's drinking water, and then they tell you that "Mentos are mouthwatering". She was drinking his drool. THAT'S GROSS.
WTF?! If they should do a Mentos ad, it should be a stupid kid drinking down a ton of soda along with a Mentos candy. Yuh, commercials like this make me lose hope for modern television. Cr#p like this is on the radio, too. :-\
Old 06-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #1392
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I nearly spat water all over my monitor when I heard about that Mentos ad. Dude. Nasty. :/

I hate eating food with no flavor. Fail.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:10 AM   #1393
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I just killed my PS2. That's what I get for daring to think I was skilled enough to install a modchip on my own. Now I either have to try and save up for a used PS2 or just wait until I can get a (used or whatever) PS3 like, next year. :/

#*&%.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #1394
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

my grandpa coming to visit us next week. not that i dont like him or anything, but he doesnt seem to understand that most people dont have maids.

hate cleaning up and making everything sparkily. espicially since he says "everyone here is working but you" when he himself, as well as my sister are not doing anything.

have i ever mentioned my dislike of my dad's company?
Old 06-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #1395
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Quote:
I just killed my PS2. That's what I get for daring to think I was skilled enough to install a modchip on my own. Now I either have to try and save up for a used PS2 or just wait until I can get a (used or whatever) PS3 like, next year. :/

#*&%.
Just wondering, was it a newer slimline PS2 or the older chunky one? The chunky ones are fault-prone.

Batten down the hatches, "Big Brother" or "Big Bother" as I prefer to call it, is back on over here. I can't believe I used to like that show (saw the first three seasons, then I saw through it). End of the day, it's just empty-headed wannabes going into a house for 9 weeks to have their every crazy move filmed on camera, in the hope of not getting voted out and being able to win a cash prize. Of course, they all end up becoming famous Z-listers and tabloid fodder anyway, for about 5 minutes, for living in a house on telly. It's just low.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #1396
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebottleFlyer View Post
Just wondering, was it a newer slimline PS2 or the older chunky one? The chunky ones are fault-prone.
The big one, which is why I was willing to risk the install. Most people I know who owns those has experienced MANY problems with them, having to send them back to the company etc for repairs. I'd had mine more than five years without a single problem.

I did find a place here who will take my broken one and give me a working used one for $60, so I may do that. I just don't know if I want to go and find someone else to install the chip for me or just give up and sell it on eBay.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:08 AM   #1397
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Quote:
The big one, which is why I was willing to risk the install. Most people I know who owns those has experienced MANY problems with them, having to send them back to the company etc for repairs. I'd had mine more than five years without a single problem.

I did find a place here who will take my broken one and give me a working used one for $60, so I may do that. I just don't know if I want to go and find someone else to install the chip for me or just give up and sell it on eBay.
To be honest, I would say trade it in for a slimline one, if you can. Though I don't know if you can chip the slimline model.
And I guess you already know that there's a similar problem with the early, standard model of the XBox 360 (the "red ring of death"). Do you have one?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:46 AM   #1398
Sparky

I don't have an XBox, no.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #1399
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

For the second time in about a month, I had to throw an orange away because it grew mold in a matter of what seemed hours. I bought it only a few days ago, it was perfect. I saw it in my fruit bowl yesterday and still appeared fine (not to mention juicy and yummy looking), but today I look in the bowl to see almost half of it is covered in mold. Where on earth did it come from so fast?? I was looking forward to eating that orange TOMORROW, and there's no reason for it to get moldy so fast. And I don't exactly have money to throw away right now on fruit that grows mold like...well, mold. I don't know whether to growl or sob.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #1400
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

The Happening has started to affect innocent citrus fruits, too?