Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
Bloofanatic
I'll miss you Fosters :(

Send a message via MSN to Bloofanatic
Default Mac

I think Mac is pretty cool he's my 2nd fave charecter.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:47 AM   #2
FostersFriend
At Home

Mac & Bloo - Buddies For Life  

Yeah Mac is a very smart boy for his age, and actually very mature which is surprising from and eight year old (no offence to eight year olds o course) but yeah Mac is a great character and just like Frankie he cares for many Imaginary friends

FostersFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:38 AM   #3
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

I find it interesting that he seems to mature a lot from the first episode on. He and Bloo really do sound like teeny kids in the pilot, by the second season they've become more mature. Or at leat, Mac has. Can't say much for Bloo. I guess being separated forced a change...?
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Mac is my favorite character. What I find rather interesting is his design. He's actually just a triangle with a square on top.
Square head or not, Mac's cool. (I like his square head. It's original.) And he's smart for an eight-year-old. In a world full of children who run around screaming for attention and toys and whatnot, it's nice to see a kid with some sense, even if he is a cartoon character. And Mac's also cute.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
Permanent Resident
And it's Goo!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
He's actually just a triangle with a square on top.
Woah. -goes off to test this theory-
Old 08-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #6
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Yeah. Keep in mind that even the smart kids don't always act well. I was a pretty smart kid- I skipped a head a year in math and went into school a bit early and even using my superior (I'm joking) brainpower I can't figure out why I hadn't been shot. I was pretty much the worst combination of Duchess and Bloo. The reason I mention this is that I, supposedly gifted, acted a lot worse than everyone else around me, and most of my friends were like Mac. Normal and reasonable. So he's not THAT rare, you just have to treat the kids like they're adults and they will grow up to be proper adults.

In other words, Mac isn't unique but he is a great character. I mean, unique among people. Among cartoon characters he is.

And, for some reason, he looks and acts like my oldest brother! (Without the sugar)
Old 08-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
Permanent Resident
And it's Goo!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzinistzerg View Post
I was a pretty smart kid- I skipped a head a year in math and went into school a bit early and even using my superior (I'm joking) brainpower I can't figure out why I hadn't been shot.
I'm *doing* that now. An eighth grader in geometry. Several, actually. I live in a "smart" district. =D

Neeways, I agree with you. It's a matter of finding the right combination between skillz and smarts.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #8
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Yeah. Keep in mind that even the smart kids don't always act well. I was a pretty smart kid- I skipped a head a year in math and went into school a bit early and even using my superior (I'm joking) brainpower I can't figure out why I hadn't been shot. I was pretty much the worst combination of Duchess and Bloo. The reason I mention this is that I, supposedly gifted, acted a lot worse than everyone else around me, and most of my friends were like Mac. Normal and reasonable. So he's not THAT rare, you just have to treat the kids like they're adults and they will grow up to be proper adults.
True, true. I guess I don't like little kids very much and haven't met any that are mature and reasonable. And I'm the youngest in my family, so I never really got to see another little kid grow up.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:41 PM   #9
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

I also dislike small children for this reason, because few of them act well enough for me. However, if you listen, you can quickly tell whether or not the kid is capable of being nice. Most of the time a child who is irritating to people can become a well-behaved kid if you just talk to them like they were people. Their friends do, and the fact that adults don't usually makes them angry.

In the pilot, there's several parts where Mac gets angry because Terrence is being somehting that should be censored and so on. But once he got friends at fosters he had people that talked to him like he was normal. He didn't sound as whiny. Actually the devs prolly thought he sounded too little and asked the voice actor to change it a bit, but whatever.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:46 PM   #10
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Quote:
In the pilot, there's several parts where Mac gets angry because Terrence is being somehting that should be censored and so on. But once he got friends at fosters he had people that talked to him like he was normal. He didn't sound as whiny.
I didn't think Mac sounded whiny, which is another reason why I like him. He knows how to behave and act maturely.