Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 07-18-2022, 01:47 PM   #1
Nitwit
Newly Abandoned

Talking Foster's Home is back and his creator is involved. (Not a late April Fools joke)

Homies we hit the jackpot of good news for this series and the website.

https://www.nickandmore.com/news/pow...eing-rebooted/

Hope you guys are happy cause this could give the site more new members to join so get ready for a comeback of 2022

Bless you, Craig Chun.
Nitwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:14 PM   #2
Gabe'sPizzaParty
Newly Abandoned

Smile

I'm so excited! It's been so long since we saw the last of Foster's, I can't wait to finally return! And it's so cool that a new generation will be able to experience the magic of Foster's

It's also amazing that Craig is involved! Looks like we're not going to be having a repeat of The Powerpuff Girls (2016)

Even though this revival is a spin-off intended for preschoolers, I wonder what the chances are of this spin-off's potential success, leading to more seasons of the original Foster's Home series
Gabe'sPizzaParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:46 PM   #3
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

Well blow me down, I didn't see this one coming. And PPG too, dang! I'm really surprised about that, it feels like it was just five minutes ago that they were running the previous PPG reboot.

Interested to see what comes of this! The "preschool" thing is, hm, not sure what to make of that. I'm really burned out on the endless reboot parade but I'm so glad they got Craig back for these!

With regards to the "new cast" thing, Craig said on his Twitter:

Quote:
The house is a really big place, there’s plenty of room for all kinds of friends, and who says the old friends aren’t there.

Last edited by Mew; 07-18-2022 at 04:46 PM.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 07:14 PM   #4
Nitwit
Newly Abandoned

Let's just hope things will be cool with this revival cause we Foster's Home fans need some new stuff so this site can get cool.
Nitwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 07:52 PM   #5
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Well, this is certainly an unexpected turn of events. Been ages since I turned on my TV; hope it still works.

On the downside, now I have to shell out for a new cable subscription. Bleh.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 12:50 AM   #6
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

I'm pretty on the fence about it. Though, I'll most likely give both a chance anyway. Who knows, maybe Craig'll be able to make lightning strike twice.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:30 AM   #7
Another Castle
At Home

I never thought I’d see the day!

Very surprising news to see that both are coming back. Does seem recent to me about the PPGs last reboot, but of course that was six years ago. It never interested me (as none of the original creative talent were involved) and was of course very poorly received. Of course it is a big flagship brand that is well-known, so it probably wouldn’t go away for long.

Fosters surprises me more, as outside the fan base (us!) and watchers who were kids when it originally aired, I assumed it was becoming, well, quite obscure. I didn’t think it was aired or available to watch very easily and wouldn’t expect kids today to know it.

From what I can tell, Craig has never stated a dislike for the PPG reboot, more a disapproval of it happening, but reading between the lines he probably didn’t like it for most of the usual reasons (toy advert, dull, too much pandering humour, distasteful). Maybe it’s not polite or professional to outright criticise a show (as someone in his position), but some of the replies to his Twitter seem to confirm this to me!

As for the new Fosters, I may catch it, but probably wouldn’t watch it regularly as it’s aimed at preschoolers (and I have no offspring!), but for now we can speculate- will we see the whole gang? Is Mac now an adult, and working there? Will Frankie still be around, or will she have her own daughter taking over?

We’ll all have to wait and see!!

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:46 AM   #8
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

IIRC Craig's usual answer on the last PPG reboot was (paraphrasing probably, I'm going off memory here) "I'd rather they didn't do it, but I accept that it was out of my hands". As I recall, CN did ask him if he wanted to come back to work on that particular reboot, but he was busy with Wander at the time.

I'm really surprised FHFIF is back too. PPG, sure, okay, CN have been trying to recreate the magic there for a long time (the last reboot was six years ago already?!?! geez!), but yeah... I wouldn't call FHFIF obscure, exactly? but it feels like the fandom moved on a long time ago... not to say people don't still like it, but I don't see a lot of talk about it in cartoon circles - when I do it's usually just fanart of Frankie. Hard to put it into words but the general feeling I get is that it's fondly remembered but no one's exactly out there writing petitions to bring it back, you know? It's not something I'd have expected them to bring back. Not sure how to feel about it all to be honest.

Nice to see some familiar old faces about the boards again, anyway
Old 07-30-2022, 08:21 AM   #9
Gabe'sPizzaParty
Newly Abandoned

It seems Craig has dropped more news on his upcoming Foster's Spin-Off:

For Starters, Mac will not be appearing:

Someone had asked about if Mac would be appearing and Craig replied with
Quote:
I don’t think so because my plans for the show are about the stories that happen at the house before Mac shows up after school.
I'm a bit sad to see Mac not appear in the show (he'll probably make cameo appearances at most), but I do like the idea that this Spin-Off takes place concurrently with the original series

After that, he's given the reason as to why he's making a Spin-Off aimed at Pre-Schoolers, rather than straight up reviving the original series (like he's doing with The Powerpuff Girls)

Quote:
I had a daughter and was really inspired to make a pre-school show and felt the world of Foster’s would be a perfect setting for one.
Quote:
Well doing a show about pre-school aged friends in the house is my idea and I’m very excited about my plans for it. Also becoming a dad has given me a real appreciation for quality animation for the little ones.
That's really sweet

Overall, I'm pretty excited for this Spin-Off, and I know Craig is gonna do great things, but I still really hope that the original series gets a full revival someday (like PPG).
Gabe'sPizzaParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:01 AM   #10
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

Thanks for the updates! I can never keep up with Twitter, lol, so I really appreciate it.

The wording of that first tweet is interesting since it's not a straight "no" - but yeah I don't imagine Mac'd get more than cameos. But I do like the idea of this spinoff happening alongside the original show, I've always had a fondness for spinoffs like that... where the main cast of the original show are just off doing their own thing in the background.

I wonder who the main characters of this spinoff will be. All-new characters, or previously-established IFs that were just minor chars/backgrounders in the original show? (like say.... I dunno, Mabel Licorice, or Ringo Rango) Maybe both? Hmm.

Tags
cartoon network, craig mccracken, foster's home, hanna barbera cartoons, reboot