Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula
Default Episode Discussion: One False Movie (2/10/2006)

"If I don't make it out of here alive, tell my little boy....I love 'em"

A brilliant send up of Hollywood block-busters (And Children?s Programming) that still remains in my mind, one of the best episodes of the series' third season.

As a self proclaimed movie buff I can tell you right now the final act of the episode had me in so much hysterics that I thought I was going to wake up the entire neighborhood with my laughter (The first time I saw this episode it was late at night, and well worth staying up to see.)

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

This still remains my favorite episode of all time, for its brilliant writing and randomness, as well as the best-looking leading man I've seen in a long, long time! It was simply perfect satire.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:14 AM   #3
Voxxyn
Banned

A solid episode, and some of the parodies were hilarious... BUT...

I'm sorry, but if there ever was an episode that truly made me want to punch Bloo, it's this one. Him being a shameless jerk is funny, but he went a little too far even by his standards, and even though it was partially his fault, I felt terrible for Mac. It got to the point that I was almost cheering when Eduardo hijacks the film at the end.

Also, one thing I love about this show is that it's an American children's cartoon that DOESN'T use bathroom stuff for the basis of it's humor. Unfortunately, this episode was an exception, and I can't admire that at all. And it's made even worse by the fact that the only appearance of my favorite character in this episode had to be during the replaying of that video.

But, again, there are some really funny moments. "Lauren is Exploring" is awesome.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 09-24-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #4
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Voxxyn, I thought the joke was that everyone in the show thought flatulance was so darn funny (the school principal, Mr. Herriman, folks you wouldn't expect to find it funny), not that the bathroom humor itself was.
I guess that's still bathroom-based, but from a different angle. I thought that was kinda funny.

Lauren is Explorin' is the 2nd funniest thing I've ever seen on the show.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #5
Scribble
At Home
Secret Door!  

Send a message via MSN to Scribble

"Red, red, red! Things are red!"

Hahaha, I always find myself making fun of Dora the Explorer (even though I know it's for little kids), so Lauren was pretty darn funny to me.
Although it tends to be one of the episodes that comes up rather frequently at the moment where I live, it's still a great episode. It also gave rise to Werewilt, who I still have to attempt to draw.

I don't often like toilet humour (or anything related) either, but I still ended up laughing anyway. XD I guess I don't mind it in moderation.

Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:22 AM   #6
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

I love this episode. My favorite part is when they showed the movie at the end. It was just so random and funny and...I loved it
Old 09-21-2006, 06:44 PM   #7
Matchsticks
At Home
Comes from the brain-heart.  

I liked it because I am also a really big movie buff and loved all the parodies in it. Though what made me laugh the most is that in another episode of Foster's (I forgot which one...) It shows Jackie Khones watching 'T-Rexatron III Alien Wolfhound, A Prequel In Time: The Unrelenting'
Old 09-22-2006, 10:22 AM   #8
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
This still remains my favorite episode of all time, for its brilliant writing and randomness, as well as the best-looking leading man I've seen in a long, long time! It was simply perfect satire.
Agreed!

I also love how Bloo managed to squeeze SO many movie cliches into one film!
Old 09-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #9
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

This was an interetsing episode. I don't think it was the funniest, but that movie at the end is a conglomeration of all of the most cliche'd movie parts.. and I LOVE IT.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #10
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Explorin' Lauren's creator looked a lot like Craig from what i remember of his appearance, does anyone know if he was the director at the Explorin' Lauren studio? It sounded like hs voice, too, although i might have just been spacing out there. I think it was him, it was funny, regardless. Eduardo has a "pooting" problem.

When the show came back on from a commercial and Explorin' Lauren was on, i thought i had changed the channel accidentally!