Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Default Tintin: The Movie

Regarding the upcoming Tintin movie, Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg (a huge fan of the series) are joining forces to bring the beloved reporter to life, via performance-capture (like Beowulf). There will be three films. Peter will direct one and Spielberg will direct the other, with a third director yet to be announced.

In the latest news, Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat has been hired to adapt the books for the movie.

EDIT - I realised I got the director order wrong. Spielberg will direct the first one, while Jackson will direct the second one!

Last edited by frankie_fan; 01-08-2009 at 07:05 PM.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
emperor26
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
Regarding the upcoming Tintin movie, Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg (a huge fan of the series) are joining forces to bring the beloved reporter to life, via performance-capture (like Beowulf). There will be three films. Peter will direct one and Spielberg will direct the other, with a third director yet to be announced.

In the latest news, Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat has been hired to adapt the books for the movie.
Interesting. I heard that Jackson and Spielberg were going to do this, but the fact that they're taking turns directing one film after another is different.

Anyway, thanks for the information, frankie_fan.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Straight from WorstPreviews.com, Spielberg talks about Tintin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstPreviews.com
Steven Spielberg sat down for an interview where he reveal some information about his upcoming collaboration with Peter Jackson on "Tintin." While it was previously announced that the directors plan on making "Tintin" a trilogy of films, Spielberg said that Jackson will direct the first installment and he will direct the second, with an option for them to co-direct the third if they don't find a suitable filmmaker to take over the reins. [via IGN]

Speaking from the set of "Indiana Jones IV," Spielberg said that the film will be shot entirely with motion-capture technology, which is familiar to Jackson after "King Kong" and the "Lord of the Rings" films but still relatively new to Spielberg. The director said that each filmmaker will shoot 30 days of motion-capture: Spielberg will shoot his in the United States while Jackson will shoot in New Zealand.

Spielberg also said that the special effects will be produced by Jackson's Weta Workshop, but a high-speed internet connection between the two locations will allow the production to receive and process images quickly.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

From IGN.com, casting has now gone underway in LA for Tintin.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Will I get beat up for looking forward to this?

Indiana Jones always reminded me of TinTin, so I'll expect a lot from Spielberg on a TinTin movie! been discussing it with friends online for quite some time now

Last edited by Zeitgheist; 10-26-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #6
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

This shows just how attentive I am, I guess. I've known about this project for a while, but only when I was reading a magazine in the doctors' waiting room today did I learn that it was going to be created using motion capture. Previously, I think I'd just sort of assumed that it was going to be an entirely live action affair.

I currently have mixed feelings about this. The Tintin stories have the potential to translate into a great set of movies, though whenever I think of feature films animated entirely by motion-capture, the fiasco with the Polar Express is what comes to mind. I'm not making judgements about the movie itself, which I haven't seen, but I witnessed enough promotional material to be able to empathise with those folks who were turned off from it by look of the animation alone. The characters seemed so real, and yet so eerily artifical at the same time. I still have a few more weeks to wait until I'll get to see Beowulf, when I'll see if the concept has anything more to offer.

According to this article, Speilberg and Jackson admitted that live action was probably the obvious way to go, but didn't think that it would do justice to Herge's character artwork, so I'm expecting them to be somewhat stylised. Well, I'm open-minded at this stage.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

I know that this hasn't been updated for a VERY LONG time, but I just had to shout this one out:

Aside from the fact that Spielberg is having problems with funding the first of the trilogy, he's pushing forward with it, and he now wants Nicholas Angel (Simon Pegg) and Danny Butterman (Nick Frost) to be in it! Here's what Simon had to say, courtesy of WorstPreviews.com:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstPreviews.com
"Steven's smoking a stogy, cap on head, like he's always been since I was a baby," Pegg says, shaking his head in wonder. "I shook his hand and chatted about films. He gave me the mo-cap [motion-capture] camera, and I had a play around with it. Then he said, 'Hey, maybe you and Nick Frost could play the Thompson Twins.' In Tintin. A Spielberg movie. To work with him is beyond..."
I cannot express how interesting this is going to be!

EDIT - Oh, I almost forgot: It's been revealed that the first movie will be based on The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure.

Last edited by frankie_fan; 09-23-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

In my last post, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost were in talks to star in Steven Spielberg's Tintin.

Well AICN is saying that they are no longer in talks. They are in!!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

The cast has finally been set. As well as Andy Serkis and both Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, Billy Elliot star Jamie Bell will now star as Tintin, while Daniel Craig has been cast as Red Rackham. Rounding out the cast are Gad Elmaleh, Toby Jones (Dobby the House Elf from Harry Potter) and Mackenzie Crook (Pirates of the Caribbean). Paramount and Sony are co-financing the film, and the first Tintin film will be titled The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn, based on the two books The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

John Willliams' agent has now confirmed that he will compose music for the first Tintin movie directed by Steven Spielberg, but it is unknown if he will compose music for the second one directed by Peter Jackson.