Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #21
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
For a while CN I felt seriously overplayed this episode, and I kind of got tired of it. I remember during last year's "Red, White and Bloo" marathon, I took the oportunity to take a shower when this episode came on because I didn't mind missing it. Now that I haven't seen it in a little while, though, I think I've recovered. I like this episode too, and I thought it was cool all the movie paradies they did in it. The only thing I didn't like so much was the out of character actions of Mac when he stole Madame F's antiques and sold them to make money. Shame on you Mac!

I'm not the most avid movie watcher, but I caught a lot of movie spoofs, whether directly or indirectly. I'm sure I'm missing some, but here are the main ones I noticed-

James Bond movies
Treasure Island
Star Wars
Peter Pan
The Matrix
Planet of the Apes
Harry Potter
Rush Hour
ET

A more avid movie watcher would be able to name more.

Add to that list the old Clint Eastwood "Spaghetti Western", The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, which provided fodder for that unforgettable shoot-out scene with the Cocos, and Citizen Cane, with the Big Baby. And can't forget the Rocky Horror Picture Show-esqu treatment of "Blooregard Q. Kazoo's" name in the opening credits!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #22
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Rock Star was one of Smash Mouth's bigger hits, from 1999's Astro Lounge. Pseudo-irrelevant reference.

A couple things contrasted with the other episode centered around a video: World Wide Wabbit. Here is a list for each.

World Wide Web
  • Coco yells and kicks the camera over when interviewed.
  • Eduardo is freaked out by the camera and runs off.
  • Eduardo is among those laughing at video of Herriman's "Funny Bunny" video. (The "poot" edit, "Poot Bunny", is an unofficial fan edit.) Upon seeing the video, Mr. Herriman completely flips out in anger.

One False Movie
  • Coco stands apparently paralyzed in embarassment when she finds herself on camera.
  • Eduardo just fidgets around as he tries to look good for the camera.
  • This time, the "poot" edit ends up being the main edit of the video. This time, Herriman is among those laughing it up at the video. Taking it as a laugh at his expense for his "pooting problem", Eduardo runs out of the room in embarassment.

Aside from all that, I found it really cute how Eduardo became hypnotized by Explorin' Lauren and the "red" song. He sort of reminded me of Linus from Peanuts there.

Last edited by cartman414; 08-03-2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Because The Big Picture is so easily confused with One False Movie for me.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:12 AM   #23
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

cartman: Don't you mean One False Movie? -.-;

And also,

Quote:
James Bond movies
Treasure Island
Star Wars
Peter Pan
The Matrix
Planet of the Apes
Harry Potter
Rush Hour
ET
Which parts of the show were from which spoof? I know:

Wilt running in with the tuxedo > James Bond
Pirate Wilt Scurvy and Queen Ami-coco > Matrix
Mac and Bloo "little boy without a father" > E.T

But I don't know which other scenes were referencing which else. Someone care to point them out for me? I know I'm stupid, but I've never really watched a lot of movies. :/ (I see Harry Potter, but I really didn't catch anything of that in OFM.)
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:11 PM   #24
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I don't know if everyone will agree with these, but here's where I saw similarities to these movies----

Treasure Island- Where Wilt comes upon an old sea captain in a rocking chair, he first struck me as Long John Silver

Star Wars- "Princess Amacoco", and also what she's wearing

Peter Pan- When the pirate ship lifts off the water and flies away

Planet of the Apes- The futuristic jungle scene with the dinosaur and "Tom Hanks"

Harry Potter- "Three wizards from the wrong side of the tracks", and them all using their "magic" against eachother

Rush Hour- Coco trying to deactivate a bomb before it explodes in "2 seconds"

And I think I thought of another one, although I don't remember actually seeing the movie so I don't know how well a spoof it is, but when Wilt transforms into a....what? Furry thing? Could that be a spoof from "An American Werewolf in London"? Or maybe "Gremlins"?
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #25
CartoonNetworkFan
Newly Abandoned

We're on air already?  

Funny. I can't beleive that Craig did a voice characterisation!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #26
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Yes he did! When we originally did this thread, many people on this board totally freaked out.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:32 AM   #27
Another Castle
At Home

You know, I haven't watch Fosters in quite a few months now, as I have had no access to any un-seen episodes at all (it is never on the TV here, and there has been nowhere on the internet- I've seen about 2/3s of all the episodes). Whilst poking about on youtube yesterday, to my delight, I found this one.

This, somehow, didn't feel like a typical episode (the plot was unusual, Wilt breaks into song, Mac had to do something out of character*, and there is very little /), but it is still fun. The CGI Ed was neat, and I especally like the contrast to Mac and Bloo's name in the credits. I'm trying to think of some of the movie references (something about Back To The Future?), but I know Wilt's song is a thinly disguised Shrek spoof (or more of a Take That trope?)
Another link is that his voice actor was in Pulp Fiction! (something I only found out about the other day)

*I'm a bit unsure about this idea, but I liked the twist at the end. It is not like this show to get preachy, so know one will take and "bad influence" claims seriously.

I'm also a little suprised they used a real celebrity's name (Tom Hank, of course we don't see or hear him). I like the joke of ow they waste him, but it is unusual to ear the characters say his name. Is Tom Hanks aware of this show at all?

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #28
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

I was miffed when Eduardo recorded Lauren over the movie, because I wanted to see how awesome Bloo made the movie.