Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:30 PM   #11
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

YAY!!! *claps hands til they fall off* Oops.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #12
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Magnificent, CG! You're doing great. *applause*

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #13
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Bravo! :bloogrin

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:41 PM   #14
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
"Man... I hope Madame Foster has insurance." Bloo finally said, breaking the silence.
HAHAHA!! Classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
"The young woman was a sight to behold, in a light pink gown that looked like it belonged to a fairy godmother. Frills were every where, a bow held her flaming red hair back off her face and a crystal crown was atop her head. But she also looked very familiar. She had the same face as someone that Mac, and Bloo, felt they should know but right now, they just couldn't catch it. She grinned at Mac, then at Bloo and she did this for a few minutes.
I will give you cash money to draw this. Seriously.

I'm liking this version better than the original. Excellent!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #15
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Chapter 2: The Scarecrow & The Tin Bird

"...all I'm saying is, if she can fly don't you think it'd be easier to fly us to this Emerald City or something? Man, it's like that stupid Lord of the Circles things. When those dwarves were gonna die at the end old grey beard swoops in on these massive birds! Why not save em all the anguish of three insanely long movies and just FLY em there?" Bloo had been complaining about the walk ever since the two had began their 'mission', and that was a good three hours ago. Mac groaned, shutting his eyes and putting his hands over his ears. You could only take so much of Bloo's insistent whining until it ate your brain away.

"Bloo..." he muttered, testily. It was here when they realised at some point in the past few minutes they had wandered into the country side of Oz. The yellow brick road was surrounded by fields of corn, stretching as far as the eye could see. But something else caught their eye, right ahead, the brick road came to a fork and spit in two different directions. The two came to a stop.

"..follow the yellow brick road she says. It's easy she says. I don't remember he mentioning FORKS in the road!" Bloo complained more, happy to have a reason to talk even more. And complain.

Mac strummed his chin with his fingers as he looked to the right, then to the left. "Now which way do we go.." he mumbled to himself. If they took the wrong direction they might never reach the Emerald City, then they'd never get home again. That wasn't an option Mac was about to let happen. But what choice did he have? He had a 50% chance of getting there, and 50% chance of probably going in circles.

"Excuse me, but if it's okay to say but that's a nice direction."

The voice came as a surprise, since the two thought they were alone. Both automatically looked to where the voice came from, but the only thing that caught their gaze was a scarecrow. A very very tall scarecrow. Insanely tall scarecrow who stuck out in front (and above) the corn that he was guarding. His face was unlike any shape the two had ever seen before, but stiches were apparent from years of wear. A black hat sat atop his head that was painted with pale blue diamonds, and his eyes (much like a snails or slugs) stuck out from holes in the hat. The red material that was his face was tied to a small torso, his left arm was a stump (probably ripped off by hooligans) and left dangling by his side while his other arm which was far too long for such a small body was pointing to the right. His feet barely touched the floor. But despite all of this, his most recognisable feature was the huge grin probably painted on his face, and that one of his eyes were bent and broken.

Bloo and Mac stared at him blankly for a few moments before looking to the other.

"But that's a good direction too."

The voice returned, and their eyes snapped back to the scarecrow, whose long arm was not pointing in the other direction.

"Maaaaac..." Bloo started, taking a step back. "Is he..."

"Don't be dumb Bloo." Mac replied, but also taking a step back. "Scarecrow's can't talk."

"In actual fact I do recall seeing people go down both ways!" this time it was for certain, for the long arm whipped itself up and pointed to the left, then to the right again. They didn't see him talk - it seemed he couldn't move his painted mouth - yet he was speaking to them. The two boys stood in silence, one out of fear, one out of wonder until Mac finally took a few steps forward but not before shaking Bloo's grip on his hand off.

"Um... a... are you trying to get us lost or something... or can't you decide on which direction?" he asked, not sure how one should speak to a scarecrow, of all things.

The Scarecrow remained silent for a few seconds, processing the question. His head bobbed to the side, his broken eyestalk blowing in the wind. "Oh, I can't decide. You see, I'm sorry to have to say this but..." his one eye glanced around before he lowered his head as low as it could go, "I haven't got a brain." he whispered, but rather badly so he was talking normally but sounded like he was trying to whisper.

"You haven't got a brain?" Bloo echoed, a small look of delight crossing his features.

"I haven't got a brain." the Scarecrow echoed again, looking as conspirational as a scarecrow could whilst attached to his pole.

"Why're you failing at whispering?" Bloo asked. The Scarecrow shrugged again.

"Sorry but I don't know."

"Wait a minute, if you haven't got a brain... how are you talking? Huh?" Bloo was glad he didn't have a neck for he felt having stared up at this guy for so long, anyone's neck would begin to hurt.

The scarecrow's good eye blinked in what you could guess was thought for a few moments, "Oh well... uhhh...." gosh that was a tough question. His eye squinted shut whilst his bent one wobbled in the breeze. His eye suddenly snapped open, "Oh I know! You see, from what I hear from the crows, that there's some people, politicians I think they said, who seem to talk a whole lot but don't have any brains. Is that okay to say that?"

"He's got a point there." Mac said.

"So why don't you have a brain? Watched too much TV?" Bloo asked, still delighted at having finally met someone who was without a brain.

Last edited by CG; 12-01-2006 at 01:09 AM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #16
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

"Huh?" the Scarecrow asked, having never heard of a TV. "No, nothing like that." he waved his hand, which too had stitches. "When my boy, that is the boy who used to work on the farm that owns this land, made me, he only had straw to fill my head so I'm only made of straw. Come to think of it, I guess, it was a long time ago... hrm... how long have I been out here...?" the Scarecrow looked lost in thought, well, as much as a grinning person made of straw could look until his gaze turned back to Mac and Bloo. "Well hey there! I don't think I've met you guys before!"

The two exchanged glances. Man, this guy needed help something awful.

"I'm Mac... and this is Bloo." Mac introduced, having realised they really hadn't introduced themselves.

"Hi Mac, hi Bloo!" the Scarecrow greeted.

"Waaaiiiit a minute..." Bloo rubbed his chin, "You look familiar. Doesn't he look familiar, Mac?"

Mac looked to the Scarecrow, who looked from Bloo to Mac, and back again before going cross-eyed slightly. "I... guess." he had that feeling at the back of his head that he should know this guy's name. It was on the tip of his tongue, but he just couldn't capture it at all. "Anyway, so you have no brain?"

"Nope. No brain. Only straw." the Scarecrow replied, happy to have some civil conversation with someone who wasn't a black crow who'd poop on him like so many others had.

"Well that's too bad, c'mon Mac we got a Wizard to see." Bloo continued, making a left but Mac didn't move. Already the Scarecrow was waving Bloo off.

"Wait Bloo." he said, "We can't just leave him out here! It's not fair that he's stuck in this field, being able to talk and not having any brains. We gotta help him."

"We do?" Bloo asked, coming to a stop (yet the Scarecrow continued waving at him even if he wasn't walking anymore).

"Look Mr. Scarecrow," Mac walked towards him, "We're lost and the Good Witch of the North said we should go see the Wizard who can send us home. I figure, if he can get us out of here he should be able to give you some brains."

"Oh wow really?" the Scarecrow asked, having finally stopped waving to Bloo to look down at Mac. "Do you really think he'd do that? For me? I don't want to be a bother, no." he shook his head.

"Nah, no bother!" Mac replied, smiling. He climbed over the lower part of the fence that surrounded the cornfield, and looked up to the Scarecrow. "We just gotta get you down from there. Bloo, come over here 'n help me."

After much whining on Bloo's behalf, the two set to work at pulling the Scarecrow down from his pole. One grabbed each of his feet and pulled at first. When that didn't work, Mac shimmied up the pole and untied the knots holding him there. At once the Scarecrow fell free of his pole and collapsed in a heap of long limbs and straw at the bottom of the pole. And on top of Bloo. After more rummaging, detangling him from Bloo and the remains of the rope, the Scarecrow finally stood to his full height of ten feet (or more, Mac wasn't so good with heights).

"Oh... oh wow!" the Scarecrow seemed to grin even more, if that were possible with a painted on grin. "I've never been free bef-WOAH!" he had taken a step, unfortunately for him the foot in question was still behind his other leg so he ended up tumbling right over Bloo again, and the fence, then crash landing onto the yellow brick road.

"Are you okay?!" Mac hurried out under the fence again, to see the Scarecrow sat up and stuffing what straw had fallen out of his chest back in.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine! I said, don't you worry about me! I'm fine." his only problem was he had never walked before. And with legs this long, it was kind of difficult to mauver without tumbling all over yourself. But he managed to push himself to his feet again, and adjust his hat. "You don't have to worry about me, I don't sleep, I don't eat, heck I don't even breathe! I don't want to be a worry for anyone, is that okay?"

"Well at least we won't have to feed you or anything." Bloo said, eyeing the Scarecrow. He too still couldn't get over the feeling that this guy was being way too familiar. But alas, he too had no idea who this guy was reminding him of. It will have to be a feeling he has to deal with for the rest of the trip, apparently. "Now c'mon Mac! We got a Wizard who can magic us, and give old haystack here some brains, outta here! This place is weird, talking Scarecrows?"

"Bloo, you live in a house full of Imaginary Friends. Remember?" Mac asked.

"Well yeah but none of em are scarecrows!"

After a few more false starts on the Scarecrow's behalf, the trio finally set off down the right fork of the road. Now and then the Scarecrow would end up falling over either his own feet, a twig, Bloo, or just fall over for seemingly the reason of falling over. Mac and Bloo quickly learned to pick up any stray pieces of straw that would fall out of his person as they walked, to hand them back to him so he could stuff the pieces back inside his shirt. Or head, sometimes. It was frightfully disturbing at first to see his long fingers pull open a loose thread on his face to slip some straw back in before tightening it again. Even after five or six hours of this, they continued on, still freaked out by the Scarecrow's loose pieces.

"Mac? I'm huuuuuuuuuuuuuuungry!" Bloo whined.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #17
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

"Well what can we do Bloo? Order take out?" Mac shot back, slightly irritated since he too was growing hungry. The corn fields had been left long behind, and he was now scolding himself for not thinking up of taking a few ears of it while they could. By now they were in more country, trees surrounding the yellow brick road and a few country like houses dotting the fields.

"These guys gotta eat something!" Bloo said, looking around for something. If only he hadn't eaten that lollipop, he could eat some now!

"Hey guys look!" the Scarecrow pointed with his long arm, "That looks like food, is it food?" he asked.

Mac and Bloo followed his pointed finger, and further down the way was a whole group of apple trees. Normally Bloo wouldn't be caught dead eating fruit, but what choice did he have? He and Mac both cheered, and ran up to the trees. Bloo automatically climbed onto Mac's shoulders in order to reach the apples hanging on the limbs of the tree. He almost reached one, when a branch came out of nowhere and pushed him right off Mac's shoulders, before shoving Mac over too. The two lay on the ground in stunned silence for a moment before sitting up.

"Hey! That's MY apple!" Bloo shouted angrily at the tree, shaking a fist in annoyance. "We're starving!"

"Oh boo hoo poor you!" the tree shot back, sounding miles beyond annoyed. "You were hungry, you poor little things! Well how'd you feel if someone waltzed up and plucked something off of YOU, huh? It wouldn't feel very good I can tell you THAT much!"

"Seesh, sorry, all I'm saying is-" Bloo stopped before realising what he was doing. He was having a conversation with a tree. A very angry, rude tree at that.

"I don't feel so good." Mac was feeling a tad dizzy at the idea of fruit trees talking.

By now the Scarecrow had joined them, he had fallen over a few times while catching up, and stood back to eye the apple tree. "Oh gee guys, I don't know. I don't think you want any of those apples." he said, after watching the tree for a moment or two.

"Oh really, and what's mister tall red and lanky got to say about it?" the tree asked, annoyed at another intruder.

"I'm sorry to say but Mac and Bloo don't like worms in their apples." he replied casually.

That got an answer Mac and Bloo hadn't suspected. The tree pulled it's apples off, dozens at a time with so many limbs, and began hurling them at the Scarecrow. He didn't even yell as they bounced off him, since he couldn't be hurt, and he began walking away, tripping over apples as he did. He called out "Sorry!" every time he was hit with an apple, so his voice soon filled the air. Mac and Bloo had leapt out of the line of fire, but only then did Mac realise what the Scarecrow had done. He had gotten them apples, and gotten them so that the tree now had no more ammunition to throw at them so they could eat them!

"You know, if you didn't have a brain, I'd say you're pretty smart." Mac said, as he picked up a few of the apples.

"Aw guys.." the Scarecrow waved a hand, if he could he'd blush. But he can't, so he can only sound like he's blushing.

Bloo had hunkered down by a tree (the non-talking kind to be safe) and was digging into the apples he had scored. Luckily they were without green worms, so he happily tucked into the apples. They were delicious! Mac too was surprised to see just how tasty they were, for having grown on a temperamental tree. He held one out to the Scarecrow, "Here try one!"

"I can't, remember? Sorry." the Scarecrow replied, smiling down at Mac.

"Oh.." Mac felt kind of bad for forgetting, but also for the Scarecrow being unable to eat.

"Oh no it's okay, really!" the Scarecrow semi collapsed on the floor, given he didn't know how to kneel yet, "I'm fine, really! You just eat, you need it more then I do."

"Well o-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Bloo's scream filled the air, causing both Mac and the Scarecrow to jump about a foot in the air. Both spun around to see Bloo barrelling towards them and hide behind Mac. "Bloo what is it?!" Mac asked, heart racing in his chest.

"Something's tryin ta KILL me!" Bloo screamed in terror, pointing a shaky hand back to where he came from. "It was horrible Mac, HORRIBLE! It was all.. shiny and it had an AXE!"

Now, Mac was rare to believe a word Bloo ever said. He was a liar by trade, thinking up wild stories to excuse mistakes he made. But today, he could hear the real terror in Bloo's voice. And given they weren't in Foster's anymore, maybe there was something truely dangerous out there in the hidden undergrowth. The Scarecrow looked down at the two, then in the direction Bloo came from. Well, he wasn't going to allow something to scare his new friends now, was he? No sire! Clenching his lone fist he took two steps, fell over, then stood up again and vanished into the woods, much to the dismay of Mac. But it wasn't long until he returned, carrying something.

Last edited by CG; 11-30-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #18
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

It was made of tin, that was the first thing you noticed. The next was just how weird it was. It had the small body of a plane, but human like legs. The head was similar to a palm tree you see on the shores of Los Angles. A crooked beak sprouted from the palm tree face which ended with an axe at the tip, the eyes were set with a determined took, and palm trees (tin as well) sprouted from the top of it's head. Given the eyelashes, the boys had to venture it was female. Given the position of her legs, it seemed she had been holding onto something.

"Look what I found!" the Scarecrow sang as he set her down. Mac and Bloo cautiously approached, since the creature DID have an axe for a beak tip. The four of them stood, watching the creature for a while until they heard the most faintest of sounds. It was like something rusty creaking open and shut but with a lot of effort.

"Did it... just say something?" Mac asked, eyeing the odd creature.

It made the noise again.

"Sounds like... something." Bloo said, listening harder. Finally he heard it too, but the dialect was lost on him.

"She said oil can." the Scarecrow replied, as if he was echoing someone speaking English.

"Oil can?" Mac asked,

"Oil can what?" the Scarecrow asked, thinking it to be a joke.

"Oil can..." Mac echoed, this leaving the Scarecrow looking incredibly confused. What kind of joke was that? Mac continued looking around, then he spotted it. An oil can, laying lazily on its side. He picked it up, before walking back to the creature and doing what came naturally when you have an oil can and something rusty. He began oiling her mouth. After a few seconds the beak finally snapped open,

"COCO!" it declared, "Co coco coco co cococoo cococooco cococo co co!" it was a definate she since the tremor of the voice was quite feminine.

"Aw shucks don't worry about it," the Scarecrow replied as he took the oil can from Mac to oil her legs and neck. "So how'd you end up like this?"

Bloo could only watch in confusion as the bizzare creature began prattling on in a long line of 'Coco's, and Scarecrow relaying back what she was saying. Aparantly she had been gathering wood for winter, she climbs the trees and pecks away at them like a woodpecker. Unfortunately it had suddenly rained, and she had rusted solid. And that was a good few years ago, by her count. Only just now did she finally fall free of the tree, and scare Bloo. Good timing, I say. Finally she was well oiled up, and walking as a metal creature would. She coco'd words of thanks to them all.

"Uh... you're welcome. At least you're fully working now!" Mac offered some words of encouragement.

The creature sighed. "Coco... cococococococ co co cocooo..." she said sadly. The Scarecrow gasped in shock,

"No heart?" he asked.

"No what?" Mac asked,

"No heart!" the Scarecrow said back, "The tin smith forgot to give her a heart! Oh that is so sad!" he looked as sad as a Scarecrow could, without crying.

"What is this, no brains, no hearts... what's next, no stomachs?"

"I don't have one of those either." the Scarecrow offered.

"Look, uh... Tin Bird, I dunno how someone could forget to give someone a heart when they make them - sure making someone doesn't happen like this where I come from - but you deserve one." Mac said,

"Mac..." Bloo started, already seeing where Mac was going with this.

"We're on our way to see the Wizard of Oz, to get us home, and get Scarecrow here some brains." he smiled up at the Scarecrow, who aved to the Tin Bird. "I reckon, if we're already doing this we might as well let you come along to get a heart!"

"Mac! Stop picking up ever Tom, Dick and Harriet we meet!" Bloo whined,

"My name's not Tom." the Scarecrow reminded him.

"I know I'm just saying!"

"Aw c'mon Bloo, if you had been rusted solid for a few years I think you'd want to get yourself something to feel better. And what else can make someone feel better but a heart?" Mac asked.

Bloo thought long and hard over that. "...a paddleball?"

"No." Mac replied sourly.

So after further conversation, and translation by the Scarecrow who was right chuffed at realising he knew another language, once again the group began to make their way through the woods. They hadn't gotten far, when things began to grow dark. A familiar kind of dark, and the wind began to growl. Both Mac and Bloo knew what this meant, and very slightly they drew closer to the other so not to be found out and be called a sissy for being afraid. But it was over in an instant when another flash of lightning filled the sky, and the wind growled and there she was, right in front of them. The Wicked Witch of the West. The Scarecrow fell over out of shock and the Tin Bird laid a ticking egg in shock.

"Well well." she started, staring at the two boys. "You are thinking you have made good time, my little vermin? Hardly! Why you have just begun!" she turned her icy stare at the Scarecrow and Tin Bird, who as helping the Scarecrow to his feet with a nudge of her head. "Helping the little boys along are we?"

"Co co!" the Tin Bird snapped back, growling viciously.

Last edited by CG; 11-30-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #19
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

"Let me offer you one tiny piece of advice. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!" she shrieked, causing the Tin Bird to back up a bit. "Or.. oh I don't know. I shall stuff a mattress out of you," the Witch added, pointing to the Scarecrow. "And you, I'll turn you into a weather vein! This is my only warning to you bumbling idiots. The boy is mine, as is the shoes. And he WILL be."

"Oh yeah?" Bloo asked.

"Oh yes." the Witch replied.

"...oh YEAH?"

She was obviously growing tired of this stupid banter so she turned to go, but stopped. A grin flashed itself across her features and she snapped back, her eyes on the Scarecrow. "Tell you what, I shall leave you with a little goodbye present. Here Scarecrow, catch." it was then in one of her hands something began to grow. It was small and yellow at first but quickly grew into a raging ball of fire which she then threw at the Scarecrow. His screams filled the air as the ball landed right in front of him, setting the grass that was before him in flames. So terrified was he that he fell over, screaming even louder as he thought he could feel the heat of the flames coming near his legs. The Tin Bird coco'd in shock before jumping onto the fire, stamping it out with her cold metal feet. By the time they had calmed the Scarecrow down enough, the witch was gone.

"Man what is her deal?!" Bloo asked, "Over a stupid pair of girly shoes!"

"Bloo it's not just that.." Mac said as he was patting the poor Scarecrow's hand to help calm him down. "We kinda squashed her sister. I think she has a right to be mad."

"I doubt it! If a house squashed Terrence would YOU be like this?"

"That's not the point, Bloo." Mac replied sourly.

"...I'll show her." the Scarecrow suddenly said, sounding determined but still a little afraid. "I'll help see you safely to the Wizard, even if I don't get my brain."

"Coco," the Tin Bird added, "Cocococococo, cococo coco co CO!"

"same goes for her." he pointed out, "Except replace brain with heart." slowly he stood up, still slightly shakey from his near death experience with the fire. He wasn't easily frightened, the Scarecrow since he could not feel pain. But fire, matches, anything like that would easily make him turn non-existant tail and run. But for Mac and Bloo, who had helped free him from his job at the cornfields, and offer him the opportunity of getting a brain. He smiled down at Mac and Bloo. "C'mon guys, it's getting dark. We gott a find a place to sleep for the night."

"What about you?" Mac asked,

"I don't sleep, remember? I'll stand guard, so nothing bad will happen. I promise." he crossed his heart and hope to die, stick a needle in his eye. Even if it wouldn't hurt.

So after finding a nice hollow tree big enough for Mac, Bloo and the Tin Bird to gather in, the three fell asleep. The Scarecrow, true to his word stood outside in the darkness and kept his only eye open for the Witch, or any other signs of danger. But for some reason, he felt somewhere, out there in the darkness he couldn't see... something big was watching them. Luckily for him, it never came close.

To be continued...
Old 11-30-2006, 09:03 PM   #20
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I hope Craig and Lauren read this. It's very, very good.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote