Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Default Three new ideas for fan-fics

On the old forum, I contributed two fan-fics: "Edwardo Fitzgerald" where a lake cruise organized by Madame Foster goes wrong thanks to Terrance. The other fan-fic I wrote was "Please Hang up and Try your Call Again" which featured the return of the man in the cell phone suit. I now have three new ideas for fan-fics:

1. "Having a Ball" - Bloo once again "rescues" something and brings it back to Foster's, but like the man in the cell phone suit, it's not an imaginary friend. I have started writing this fic.

2. I have yet to decide on a title, but it will feature the man in the cell phone suit. It will take place between the episode "Phone Home" and my fan-fic. It basically shows what happened after the man in the cell phone suit ran out of Foster's (and his encounter with Red).

3. "The Blooseidon Adventure" (or just "Blooseidon") - A parody of the movie "Poseidon" staring various characters. Anyone not familiar with Poseidon, it's about a small group of survivors that struggle to escape from a ship capsized by a rogue wave. Though this fic, like the movie, will have character deaths to warn.
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:53 PM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell_Phone_guy View Post
3. "The Blooseidon Adventure" (or just "Blooseidon") - A parody of the movie "Poseidon" staring various characters. Anyone not familiar with Poseidon, it's about a small group of survivors that struggle to escape from a ship capsized by a rogue wave. Though this fic, like the movie, will have character deaths to warn.
Can't say I care much for the idea of character deaths. In fact, I don't like the idea of character deaths at all.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 03-02-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: I hate typos.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

So scratch that idea. How about the first two options?
Old 08-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #4
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

They have some possibilities, particularly #2. I've always liked Red.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:53 PM   #5
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Although one of my fanfiction pet peeves is reusing plots, they do indeed have potential.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:50 AM   #6
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Last night, I came up with a fourth fan-fic idea. It's about the origens of Cheese. However, you have to know "The Amanda Show" to understand it.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell_Phone_guy View Post
"The Blooseidon Adventure" (or just "Blooseidon") - A parody of the movie "Poseidon" staring various characters. Anyone not familiar with Poseidon, it's about a small group of survivors that struggle to escape from a ship capsized by a rogue wave. Though this fic, like the movie, will have character deaths to warn.
Actually, this idea could have potential if you just tweak a few things and get rid of the character deaths part. I think everyone hates char. deaths even in other TV show or anime fics, it's just not something anyone really wants to see.

But I think you could have alot of fun with this Poseidon thing. You could actually have the Foster's crew on a boat and have'em run wild on there, make it funny and/or more interesting that way.

You could still have the boat capsize but instead of making it serious, make it more like a "how would the Foster's crew approach this" concept. Like we know how they did it in the movie, now how would these guys do it?

The thing that makes film tie-ins with shows is that idea that you are seeing the different responses of the characters once they encounter a situation. You could have alot of fun showing how stupid the Foster's guys could react to such a serious situation.

It's just a matter of creativity and less dramatics. Dramatics are good, but deaths are always a sour note for fans and I think it's particuarly important to keep humor in mind when your using popular iconic characters in a movie's setting.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

The Poseidon idea kinda sounds good. I thought there was a topic about who the Foster's characters should be if they where placed in any movie.
HappyFoppy is offline   Reply With Quote