Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy
Default Episode Discussion: Beat with a Shtick

Well, I thought this episode looked not so thoroughly written...

Why did Terrence scream after meeting him and why did Eduardo get pain if he only made jokes? And why did he had weapons and traps etc. in his room?
And Bloo's plan of destroying the clocks could also not work when someone had a watch.

P.S.: Somehow I already saw this episode 5 times and only figured out last time that "Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania" comes from that episode. It might be harder cuz I don't see episodes in English (only when I'm watching them on YouTube) But you can still hear it.
HappyFoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah that's where its from. For my Terrence Appreciation page I quoted that scene a bit, here is what I wrote:

When we first see Terrence, he is walking to Foster's with Bloo and Mac, who have asked him to beat up The New Guy for Bloo. He agrees to do it in return for "five atomic wedgies, ten supernoogies, three sonic lugies..." Bloo: "And one additional atomic supersonic variety, of your choosing, all tattle-free, of course." This, naturally, in reference to Mac, who can say nothing in his defense. When Terrence prompts Mac with an "And..?" Mac stonily replies, "And I will forever address you as Supreme King Awesome Thunderpants, Better-Than-Mac." Terrence: "Keep going." Mac: "For I am a lowly pile of booger-brains. Please, let me bow down before you, Oh Great Ruler of Terrencania." Bloo: "And a wise, just ruler he is."
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:45 AM   #3
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFoppy View Post
Well, I thought this episode looked not so thoroughly written...

Why did Terrence scream after meeting him and why did Eduardo get pain if he only made jokes? And why did he had weapons and traps etc. in his room?
And Bloo's plan of destroying the clocks could also not work when someone had a watch.

P.S.: Somehow I already saw this episode 5 times and only figured out last time that "Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania" comes from that episode. It might be harder cuz I don't see episodes in English (only when I'm watching them on YouTube) But you can still hear it.
The weapons(such as the sledgehammers)and the steel traps in the New Guy's room are all actually references to some popular American comedians, since that sort of comedy was the New Guy's thing. The sledgehammers are a reference to a comedian called "Gallager"(whose name I probably mispelled), whose well-known skits include sledgehammering a watermelon on stage, sending chunks of melon all over the audience. Penn and Teller did a skit once involving steel traps and often use all sorts of awful-looking implements in their acts. At first, the traps and things just make the New Guy seem more menacing-until you find out that he's a wannabe comedian, and then you are supposed to make that connection between his comedy and those things in his room.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:30 AM   #4
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Yeah this is a thing I thought over. If all the New Guy did was tell jokes, even if he used some more physical comedy just how did Eduardo end up with a black eye, patches of fur missing etc. etc. ? I doubt getting a piece of water mellon in your eye would give you a shiner THAT big.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:45 AM   #5
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Yeah this is a thing I thought over. If all the New Guy did was tell jokes, even if he used some more physical comedy just how did Eduardo end up with a black eye, patches of fur missing etc. etc. ? I doubt getting a piece of water mellon in your eye would give you a shiner THAT big.

If you've ever watched some of Penn and Teller's routines, just imagine some amateur(who happens to be like, 12 feet tall)trying them out. That would be dangerous, to say the least. Eduardo is lucky to been able to walk out of there!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:20 AM   #6
HappyFoppy
STFU AND DANCE  

Maybe Terrence was screaming because of the horrible jokes.
Actually, the thing about Ed sounds right, but why didn't he tell Bloo that he actually hurted himself?
Sparky: The funny thing is that when he said "5 atomic wedgies" he held up 4 fingers
Old 09-15-2006, 05:34 AM   #7
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFoppy View Post
Actually, the thing about Ed sounds right, but why didn't he tell Bloo that he actually hurted himself?
Probably a bit of psychological warfare on Ed's part, instead of telling Bloo what really did happen, he let's Bloo live with the nightmare of what might have happened (But really didn't) and what could very well happen to him later that day.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:40 PM   #8
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
If you've ever watched some of Penn and Teller's routines, just imagine some amateur(who happens to be like, 12 feet tall)trying them out. That would be dangerous, to say the least. Eduardo is lucky to been able to walk out of there!

pitbulllady
No, PBL. I have not seen Pen and Teller's routines. So I don't get the idea.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:41 AM   #9
HappyFoppy
STFU AND DANCE  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Probably a bit of psychological warfare on Ed's part, instead of telling Bloo what really did happen, he let's Bloo live with the nightmare of what might have happened (But really didn't) and what could very well happen to him later that day.
Uh. That sounds kinda mean of Ed. And he kinda could have known that Bloo is not going in there anymore, right?
Old 09-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #10
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Well I did say probably, the scene in question can be open to interpretation

I only said what I said because that was impression I got from that scene (Although I may be way off.), and this episode did prove that some normally nice characters do have a breaking point when dealing with Bloo's antics (IE Wilt.)

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote