Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #21
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl
Talking

Faves- Anything with Bloo/Mac being friends and resulting hilarity ensues. "Squeeze the Day" remains one of my all time favorites.

Worst- Anything where Bloo is being TOO much of a jerk and acting like he's not even Mac's friend. I hate "One False Movie", I've said that before, the only saving grace being Wiltie.

I'm too lazy to go through all the categories. LOL

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:15 AM   #22
kaytea
I go by Jam or Jammy now, don't call me kaytea

I also use them/them pronouns now, ignore the gender thing it's a lie  

meh I don't have a fave or leaste fave episode I like them all
=D

Last edited by kaytea; 09-06-2006 at 12:17 AM.
kaytea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:04 AM   #23
Voxxyn
Banned

I edited my original post, greatly expanding my thoughts--let's just say I held nothing back. And, I decided to add in a few more ones for the heck of it

Best Title: As much as this will hurt me, "Imposter's Home For, Um... Make 'Em Up Pals" is one of the most original and witty episode titles that I've seen used for any television show.

Worst Title: "Hiccy Burp" for sounding very dirty and low-brow.

Best Use of a Thin Premise: "Mac Daddy", for taking a glorified one-gag character like Cheese and making him very entertaining. And please note I'm not insulting Cheese in any way; because I think he's supposed to be such. He's kinda like the Homsar of Foster's

Worst Waste of a Good Premise: "Imposter's Home For, Um... Make 'Em Up Pals", BY FAR. A potentially golden premise is wasted on what is basically The Passion of Frances Foster.

Most Adorable Moment: The intercom gag in "Everybody Knows It's Bendy" is priceless. It revolves around punk rock, a very tough and gritty form of music--and yet Frankie acts as if Bendy had bashed The Little Mermaid! Because of that sissy response, some people might think that she is a 'poser'. Personally, however, I absolutely loved her for it. It shows that, no matter how much she tries to disguise it with her temper and fiery snark, she's still very vulnerable and human inside.

Least Adorable Moment: Anytime Duchess appears. Not exactly Picasso's best work...

Favorite Overlooked Moment: Frankie comforting the poor little friend in "Hiccy Burp". To this day, that very moment remains deeply ingrained in my memory, and it still makes me smile. It may not mean much to you, but to me, it's a simple yet very heartwarming display of Frankie's kindness.

Best Writer: Lauren Faust is way ahead of all the other writers. All of the trademark episodes have been written by her. (And if you're reading this, Ms. Faust, please don't take my admittedly harsh comments on "Imposter's" personally. You're still a very talented and cool person.)

Worst Writer: Craig Lewis. He's done some good episodes, but I doubt I'll ever forgive him for "WTAWTAW" and "Imposter's".

Last edited by Voxxyn; 09-24-2006 at 06:42 AM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #24
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Best Title: As much as this will hurt me, "Imposter's Home For, Um... Make 'Em Up Pals" is one of the most original and witty episode titles that I've seen used for any television show.
I totally agree with you. Although the episode itself was not the greatest the title is very creative and the way they twisted the title of their own show around was very witty.

Quote:
Worst Title: "Hiccy Burp" for sounding very dirty and low-brow.
I agree, but I also think the title "Bye Bye Nerdy" wasn't a great one, either because it lacked wit and charm, in my opinion. But "Hicky Burp" does sound very dirty and just kind of bad as well.

Quote:
Best Use of a Thin Premise: "Mac Daddy", for taking a glorified one-gag character like Cheese and making him the absolute most entertaining they could.
I agree and feel the same way that you do about that episode.

Quote:
Worst Waste of a Good Premise: "Imposter's Home For, Um... Make 'Em Up Pals", BY FAR. A potentially golden premise is wasted on what is basically The Passion of Frances Foster.
Yet again, I agree for the same reasons as you mentioned before.

Quote:
Most Adorable Moment: The intercom gag in "Everybody Knows It's Bendy" is priceless. It revolves around punk rock, a very tough and gritty form of music--and yet Frankie acts as if Bendy had bashed The Little Mermaid! Because of that sissy response, some people might think that she is a 'poser'. Personally, however, I absolutely loved her for it. It shows that, no matter how much she tries to disguise it with her temper and fiery snark, she's still very vulnerable and human inside.
I actually think that the most adorable moment is when Frankie showed so much concern toward a "sick" Coco in "Bus the Two of Us". It was just so sweet how she was so worried about her and you could tell that she was being very genuine in her behavior.

Quote:
Least Adorable Moment: Anytime Duchess appears. Not exactly Picasso's best work...
True, but the least adorable moment for me is when Bloo was screaming for so long in "Cuckoo for Coco Cards". That just got so nerve-wracking after awhile.

Quote:
Favorite Overlooked Moment: Frankie comforting the poor little friend in "Hiccy Burp". To this day, that very moment remains deeply ingrained in my memory, and it still makes me smile. It may not mean much to you, but to me, it's a simple yet very heartwarming display of Frankie's kindness.
I agree and you pretty much said how I feel about that.

Quote:
[Best Writer: Lauren Faust is way ahead of all the other writers. All of the trademark episodes have been written by her. (And if you're reading this, Ms. Faust, please don't take my admittedly harsh comments on "Imposter's" personally. You're still a very talented and cool person.)
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Episodes like "A Lost Claus" and "Frankie My Dear" are among some of the best and most memorable episodes in the series, in my opinion. However, I also think that Tim McKeon, who is responsible for the writing in "Infernal Slumber" and Squeeze the Day" is a good writer as well because the humor in those episodes had me rolling on the floor with laughter at times.

Quote:
[Worst Writer: Craig Lewis. He's done some good episodes, but I doubt I'll ever forgive him for "WTAWTAW" and "Imposter's".
I have to agree with you. "Imposter's" was just such a let-down in so many different ways. Although I don't think it's terrible (I've yet to see a Foster's episode that I can truly call horrible) it's not really the best episode of the series, either.

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 09-09-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #25
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

An episode that just left you feeling a bit crappy:

"I only have surprise for you"

I never thought in my wildest dreams an episode could make me feel so crappy other then "Imposter's", and while this is no where near as negative or bad as "Imposter's" was, this episode certainly is a CLOSE contender.

I just got finished watching it like 15 minutes ago and I gotta say, this episode really makes Bloo like a monster. The level of annoyance, deception, teasing, and mockery Bloo displays here defies all other pranks he's pulled.

Maybe I'm looking at this too seriously, but I'm finding it hard to find the humor in psychologically destroying someone's mind to the point where they actually FEAR birthday parties and end up getting royally screwed even after being sympathetic.

This is a terrible downer to leave on Mac and I feel almost as bad for him as I did with Frankie for "Imposter's", at least Frankie accepted it gracefully at the end. Here, Mac is still left humilated and mocked by Bloo and everyone.

The only thing that puts this episode above "Imposter's" in my book is that this actually has SOME funny moments. Mostly Mac going berzerk and acting commando on the party favors, and the fact Eduardo didn't know a dam thing.

"I just go where they tell me"

Other then that, and seeing Mac look in Madame Foster's underwear, this was more hurtful then ha ha. The main joke here is the same one that's played out in "Imposter's" and I'm happy the newer episodes stopped relying on this gag.

The whole "misunderstanding the true meaning of something until the very end when we realize it was all a big misunderstanding blah, blah, blah". This is like the 3rd time I've seen this gag before. Imposter's, Bloo done, and now this one.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:58 AM   #26
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Well said as usual, Mr. M. Why Mac would put up with that level of torment is beyond me, best friends or not. Had it been me I might very well have gone after Bloo with a crowbar, or at the very least told Mr. Herriman that Bloo is now up for adoption and been done with him. There's only so much one can take. But, they're Mac and Bloo, so they'll no doubt get through it.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #27
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Oh no doubt, I know Mac is a strong willed kid. He has to be to put up hanging out with someome like Bloo all day. But it just really amazed me that such a painful moment could be made like that in a singular cartoon show episode.

I mean I NEVER thought I would see an episode that matched the torment of Frankie's hellish expierence with Goofball in "Imposter's". And like I said before, the only thing that made this episode bearable was the fact there was funny stuff in it.

Where as "Imposter's" was more subtle funny or it was attempting to. But it just amazes me after seeing at that episode that Bloo can't realize how evil he can be. "Bye Bye Nerdy" was pretty rude for Bloo, but this was a MILLION times worse.

If they had just had Mac dressed as the clown at the end and actually having a REAL "artie birthday party", then it wouldn't have been bad. It would have showed Mac wanted to make amends and that Bloo wasn't entirely heartless.

But for him to go to such great elborate lengths and to include Goo, Madame Foster, Herriman and everyone else is kind of a new low.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #28
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

I think this is something where they kind-of went overboard. There have been several eposides where the humor didn't quite come out right- I'm the type of person who can laugh at a tsunami but still it's not in the right area for a kiddie show. Which this is, in case anyone's forgotten.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #29
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post

But for him to go to such great elborate lengths and to include Goo, Madame Foster, Herriman and everyone else is kind of a new low.

I don't know, I thought it was kind of funny that every one mentioned above (sans Eduardo) had absolutely, positivley NOTHING better to do that day then to go along with Bloo's crackpot scheme.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #30
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

I thought the whole gag in "Surprise" was silly (which is good) but didn't come out quite right (which Kzinistzerg already said, now that I read...)
can't put my finger on why that is, it just seemed off. That everyone was in on it (including Herriman) was actually quote funny.
Perhaps if they hadn't had Mac's nutty crazy trip ruin the fake party for the fake imaginary friend it would have been better (guilt trips just don't make me laugh).

It was another episode where the twist didn't surprise me (like in "Imposters"), the writers tried to hard to convince me of what wasn't going to happen.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote