Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #271
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

You know what ticks me off? Another phone-related one -- when you're talking to someone on the phone and suddenly they're like, "Hey, here's my baby brother" or "Hey, here's my dog" or "Hey, here's my roommate you've never met" and just randomly give the phone to someone else and you have to make awkward small-talk with them.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:19 AM   #272
SkittleMonkey
Foster's Legend
Snoozer ish lurve.  

Send a message via MSN to SkittleMonkey

Oh my gosh. My older brother does that to me all the time when he talks to his friends! It's the most annoying thing ever!
Patrick: Yeah, you could be bald and have a big nose!
---------------------------------------------------
Eduardo: No, Senor Bloo! They es magic, not drive around in no car!
Bloo: Nope, he lost his magic; now he dresses like a lady, and the butterfly has legs and an afro.
SkittleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #273
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
You know what ticks me off? Another phone-related one -- when you're talking to someone on the phone and suddenly they're like, "Hey, here's my baby brother" or "Hey, here's my dog" or "Hey, here's my roommate you've never met" and just randomly give the phone to someone else and you have to make awkward small-talk with them.
My relatives do that, but it is not so bad.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #274
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyo View Post
But anyway, I pretty much agree with the fanfic thing.
*cough* Another reason to shoot my OC *buries head in shame*
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #275
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
My aunt does that all the time. She gives the phone to her two-year-old kid, and so for the next ten minutes, all you hear is silence, which is interrupted by intermittent wet, goo goo gaa gaa, baby-type noises.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #276
Voxxyn
Banned

You know what I REALLY hate? Car-skidding sounds from outside the house. They are VERY sudden, VERY loud and ALWAYS distract my concentration from whatever I'm doing. And they always give me the impression that some horrible car crash will happen. Grrrrrrr.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #277
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

What ticks me off in...

Fanfics
OC's most definately. When it's a character that LOOKS just like an already existing character but with a colour change, or something totally unorigional purposely created to be a twin/lover/long lost something or other just to add drama to a fandom that either has ENOUGH drama or doesn't need it. Plus the way some people type, very little quality yet goes on for chapters and getting nowhere.

Fanart
Basically someone who can't draw good at all draws a highly popular character with little substance, or meaning, and gets a million or so comments and favourites. But someone who draw something far more interesting to look at, gets little attention. Fandom runs art, unfortunately.

DA
When already popular artists have a piece claimed as a Daily Deviant, bringing more pageviews and watchers then they know what to do with. Plus the nudity that goes on there.

Chatrooms
The insanity that unlocks itself. Sometimes a member in the chatroom wants to do just that, chat, but it's when role plays, character inserts, doom songs, and multiple unending quotes of popular shows take over, that's when I get sick of chatrooms and long for the days of my AIM. Oh how I miss my internet.

Myself
I tick myself off a lot. If I were more easy going, more fun, maybe I wouldn't be treated like a bomb that's close to exploding like I normally am. I wish I didn't take such offence to some statements made not only in the chatroom, but elsewhere on the internet. But alas. I can't change how I feel, and how I am not afraid of stating how I feel. Ah well.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #278
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I agree with everything you just said ('cept Point #5; you've never ticked me off. ) Frankly, I don't know which of the other four irritates me most. The part about the chatroom is particularly aggravating at the moment; from what I've been hearing lately, it sounds like it's a real kindergarten in there sometimes. Small wonder I don't go in there, but I'm beginning to think that maybe I should.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #279
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

when my friends call at 12 totally drunk...last night, for example.

Logan: "HEY DUDE....dude....hahaha..."

Me: "...you're drunk, aren't you?"

Logan: "Yeah dude...hahaha...Nick n' me just downed like, 5 screwdrivers,BIG #%$& screwdrivers, man, f$%@&*# crazy, man...DUDE! Come over, man!"

Me: "I'd like to get some sleep, if its all the same to you."

Logan: "Nooooooo! Come over man, you can sleep here!"

6 minutes of trying to convince him not to call back at 3, i finally hung up. NOT COOL! Really, really funny, but NOT COOL!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:46 AM   #280
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Quote:
I agree perhaps not riveting conversation when babies.

But babies grow up ~ my nephew is 2 1/2 & is hilarious to chat with on the phone.
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote