Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
SkittleMonkey
Foster's Legend
Snoozer ish lurve.  

Send a message via MSN to SkittleMonkey

I GOT THE HIGHEST SCORE OUT OF EVERYONE ON AN ALGEBRA II TEST!!!! THE MOST DIFFICULT TEST OF THE SEMESTER, AND I GOT A 104!!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

....Okay, I'm done.
Patrick: Yeah, you could be bald and have a big nose!
---------------------------------------------------
Eduardo: No, Senor Bloo! They es magic, not drive around in no car!
Bloo: Nope, he lost his magic; now he dresses like a lady, and the butterfly has legs and an afro.
SkittleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
Wendi
sup B)

lol hay sir.  

school is super rific.

Geez I sure do love school...

JAY KAY HURR HURR HURR. However I am loving chemistry and astronomy
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #3
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

not much today. got another snow day today!! super special awsome!

and the teachers said on wed. that there was a small chance of having any snow the next day. idiots
Old 02-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #4
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

My day at school is quite boring. I can't wait to start my weekend.
Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
creamz06
Kissing Tiny Flowers

?  

Send a message via Yahoo to creamz06

I'm sick, and I could go to school today or yesterday. Now, I have two days worth of homework... but since I couldn't get them today, I have to catch up on Monday, which is the day my three cousins will be at school. My uncle enrolled them Thursday... and it takes three days for the paperwork to be signed or something, but it is something about being transferred from one school to another.

Being in the sixth grade can be a little boring, but it's actually great to be there.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #6
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

For me, currently, school is kinda very suckish. A word of advice: Irratic 13 year old boys, who don't give a toss about their friends if everybody else loves them, can be some pretty nasty people. ESPECIALLY if they get jealous easily *falls over*
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

School sucks horribly...and I'm a TEACHER!

I teach at two different schools, a half-hour's driving distance from each other. The first one I have to go to is 45 minutes from where I live, and that's really pushing the envelope insofar as speed limit goes. I have to be there at 7:00 am for bus duty. I have two Art classes, one eighth grade and one sixth grade, and the eighth graders are the only bright spot of my day, since it's a small class, numbers-wise, and they are pretty much self-motivated. They can sit and talk in reasonable voices and still get their assignments done, and don't give me any "lip" about what they have to do, or keep talking when I ask for their attention. Unfortunately, I only have them for 50 minutes, and then the sixth graders come in. There are about 30 of them, mostly with the mental and emotional maturity of two-year-olds, just in bigger bodies. All they want to do is fight with each other, name-call, run around and play like they are at recess, and encourage each other to fight. I had a big fight in there today, between a boy and a girl...yeah, they're still at THAT stage, where girls and boys hate each other. I can't physically pull them apart, since some parent will accuse me of putting bruises on their Little Precious, and I can't just leave them alone to duke it out, since a parent will accuse me of letting their Little Precious get beat up, so I'm in a no-win situation. I had to forfeit my lunch time today to talk to two sets of parents, which is so not a good thing, since I'm diabetic, but the Principal at that school has made it clear that she could care less. I normally have 10 minutes to eat, then I have to leave to drive 30 minutes to the OTHER school. I do not have any break or planning time other than the time spent driving between the two schools, and I get ONE paycheck. The school district does pay me forty cents-per-mile for gasoline, though. Both schools, but especially the second one, are riddled with gang activity, and are put under lock-down on a regular basis by the police. The parents see teachers as the "Enemy", out to "get" their little sweet babies, but then, most parents are involved in some form of criminal activity, too, so any authority figures are distrusted and disliked. Many of the kids come from abusive backgrounds, yet the state holds TEACHERS 100% accountable for the students not doing well on the state's ridiculous standardized tests. Parents are not held accountable at all for the kids THEY brought into the world; they don't even have to FEED 'em-the school has to take care of that, winter AND summer!

Did I mention that the district office does not budget any money at all for the Arts? Guess who has to pay for Art supplies for TWO schools? Go ahead...I bet you'll never guess it...

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 02-05-2007 at 04:02 PM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #8
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

They're all so sweet. The emo one really touches my heart.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote