Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:48 AM   #1
Prince-Vegeta
Settling In
I am the Prince of all Saiyans.  

Talking Meet the Robinsons Ad

If you guys haven't logged in yet, if not do so as soon as you can. There are Meet the Robinsons posters all over the house. They have them outside too. I thought that was cool.

Last edited by Prince-Vegeta; 03-27-2007 at 04:49 AM.
Prince-Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
Shany
At Home

I think that's not cool. I feel it breaks the atmosphere a little.
And ads everywhere get old really fast.
Shany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I'm mixed about them putting ads there. I mean, it's a nice touch, however, it kinda breaks the atmosphere, like Shany says.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
Stjimmy666
Settling In

I don't like them, if yout gonna do adds at least do ads for fosters or something geeze
Stjimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #5
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Am I to understand that there are ads in BFAHP?? That is the stupidest, most irritating thing I've heard of in some time. Sheesh, where does it end? With ads on our coffins, perhaps? I'm sorry but this really annoys the hell out of me, and I don't even play the dang game.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
hedgemaniac
Newly Abandoned

Proud Foster's Fan.  

WHAT?! I just logged in and saw the Meet the Robinsons ad. It was ALL over the house. At first I just saw it outside and thought, "WTF?? oh, maybe it's just outside." But NO. It's everywhere! Especially near the theatre. Heck, one of my duties was to change the light bulbs on those dang signs near the theatre.

Last edited by hedgemaniac; 03-27-2007 at 03:31 PM.
hedgemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Thumbs down Not digging the ads

Just think it ruins the "Fosterness" vibe of the game.
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Like those irritating splash ads that litter everything on CN.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #9
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

gah I gave up playing it a while ago,so...wait a minute why the heck would CN want to promote a DISNEY FILM?! Unless CN's really lost it It just makes no sense.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 PM   #10
Vicks
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
gah I gave up playing it a while ago,so...wait a minute why the heck would CN want to promote a DISNEY FILM?! Unless CN's really lost it It just makes no sense.
It's called $$$$$$$. They get plenty of money for each ad generated, and for each day (or week) they are up there. They must have a contract with Disney to have their ads on the sites.

When I saw those lights near the theatre I knew what they were going to be. I just figured it was going to be posters for GWH or certain Foster's episodes, movies or specials. I didn't dream that they would have it for movies/shows outside of CN though.

I agree with the rest of you, I HATE them. I know the Internet is not free, and it costs a lot of money to run websites (even this site) as I've been in the position of running and owning my own sites. However, I cannot stand all the ad crap that clutters the web. If it's not stupid (and irrelevant) Google ads, then it's pop-ups and huge ads in the margins. They already have these ads for the movie in the top margin, when you play the game. Putting them WITHIN the game itself is absolutely ridiculous and like you guys said, totally disrupts the flow of the atmosphere and Foster's-ness. I wouldn't have as much a problem with them (although I'd still be greatly annoyed) if these were posters or ads that were about Foster's itself, or other "appropriate" shows on CN. That is if they were in logical places, not just plastered anywhere, like next to the elevator in the Lobby, which makes no sense.

Anyway, all that to say, I totally agree and I'm a tad bit ticked and disappointed at CN for screwing up yet another thing.
~Vicks

P.S. Now I'm really disgusted. I just went to log in after I posted this and I had to SIT THROUGH an ad for that stupid movie. Between the login screen and the loading clock, they had a preview of the movie. There was no way to click to skip it to go straight to the game. That really irritates me. I haven't seen this movie, and don't even want to at this point. The barage of ads is too much and I'm sick of hearing about it.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.

Last edited by Vicks; 03-27-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote