Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Default Finally Got Some Wilt Shoes!

I found a pair of black Converse All-Stars today at Hibbett's Sports in Hartsville! I had several pairs of these when I was a kid, but it had been so long, I forgot what they felt like. I know why Wilt wears them all the time, now-these are SO comfortable! It's like not wearing shoes at all, almost! I found out from this little card thingie that was in the box, that this was the first-ever shoe developed especially for basketball players, and that was way back in 1923! It's just too bad my stupid school district won't allow teachers(except for PE teachers and coaches)to wear sneakers of any sort, since these would sure feel better while walking around on those cement floors than the shoes I have to wear.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

What? They don't let teachers where sneakers? Aw, that's a silly rule.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Sweet, now we can be shoe buddies I got a pair of Converse myself. And yes mine are also black with a white trim and white laces just like the "Wiltman".

You're right they are very comfortable shoes. I didn't even need to buy insoles for them.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:15 PM   #4
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
What? They don't let teachers where sneakers? Aw, that's a silly rule.
Well poop. I'd think that anyone who has to be on their feet a lot should be able to wear sneakers.

I have a pair of the red ones somewhere; I got them because they're what Jacques LaLean wears on the Beetlejuice cartoon.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
vannielou
Settling In

man I've been wanting a pair of converses for like ever
lucky duck
vannielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

I have a pair of pink ones, as well as some black velour ones with pink accents. They look like this:

I love them. They are SO comfortable. My mother hates them... But then again she assumes that whenever I wear black I'm going goth. It's got the girly magenta on it, though, so it's so me.

I had to search forever for the pic though, because I don't think Converse makes them anymore (they only had the low-top version on their website... hmmm).

Converse rule.

-Marty
Old 09-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrocks73 View Post
I have a pair of pink ones, as well as some black velour ones with pink accents. They look like this:

I love them. They are SO comfortable. My mother hates them... But then again she assumes that whenever I wear black I'm going goth. It's got the girly magenta on it, though, so it's so me.

I had to search forever for the pic though, because I don't think Converse makes them anymore (they only had the low-top version on their website... hmmm).

Converse rule.
-Marty 8
Yes, Converse obviously DOES make them, since mine are brand-new from a sporting goods store that specializes in athletic footwear, and they had several sizes available, including a pair that probably would have fit Wilt's feet, weird toes and all! According the clerk, these are becoming popular again...gee, I wonder WHY? If you ask me, though, Converse is missing out on a HUGE advertizing/marketing opp, by not hooking up with Cartoon Network and developing a shoe with Wilt's picture on it, over the Converse star, perhaps, and letting him be their official spokesperson! Wonder how many fans(besides me, obviously)would go out and buy a pair of shoes because Wilt endorses them?

It's interesting what you said about your mom fearing that you wearing black is a sign of being "Goth". The last time these Converse All-Stars were popular was in the early '80's, during the "Punk" movement, and that was the last time I owned a pair. I guess that the Punk scene was that era's version of the Goth scene today, and I was definately into Punk. If you were a real Punk Rocker, you HAD to either wear black Converse All-Stars, or black Doc Martin boots, but most of us couldn't afford the latter, so All-Stars it was! Even then, though, I thought it was funny and ironic that the same shoes I had when I was in second grade were associated with this "darker" movement and music genre! Now, of course, everyone associates them with Wilt!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #8
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Yes, Converse obviously DOES make them, since mine are brand-new from a sporting goods store that specializes in athletic footwear, and they had several sizes available, including a pair that probably would have fit Wilt's feet, weird toes and all! According the clerk, these are becoming popular again...gee, I wonder WHY? If you ask me, though, Converse is missing out on a HUGE advertizing/marketing opp, by not hooking up with Cartoon Network and developing a shoe with Wilt's picture on it, over the Converse star, perhaps, and letting him be their official spokesperson! Wonder how many fans(besides me, obviously)would go out and buy a pair of shoes because Wilt endorses them?
Yeah and that would totally fit in with those "Get Active" PSA's Cartoon Network has been promoting for the past few years. So it will be like one of those everybody wins scenarios.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:03 AM   #9
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Converse has been becoming popular in Australia way before Fosters came out. I bought these babies a good few years ago, but rarely wore, well before I knew of Wilt.

But last year I saw the loveable logo..

And got THESE babies of which I have worn religiously since.

Wilt's shoes, if he wore em during the 60's. PEACE MAN. =P But without the GIR socks, obviously.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:24 AM   #10
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Bah, I see some girls at my school wearing shoes like those, and gee, I wonder WHY? It's either:
A: There are more Foster's fans than I realize
or B: The shoes in question are popular again

I wanted the black ones, but I had to get pink cuz we couldn't afford it. (It's like, $30 here!) In fact, the ones I got are EVEN Converse...The shoes I got that are pink but simular to Wilt's were Airwalk...Whenever I look at the girls who DO have Converse shoes, I think: Man, are THEY lucky...

Mom even tried to tell me they only had the BOY type. But did I care? Noooooooooooo.

Last edited by antgirl1; 09-25-2006 at 05:28 AM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote