Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG
Default Wizard of Oz

Yup. It had to happen eventually. I've seen fanart of it by other people, but I don't recall seeing the story. Don't worry about Imagined Away, I'm still writing that one it's just more detailed than this one. Also, if you care to see the fanart I'm going to draw based on this piece of work you can see it right here.

May the story begin!

Chapter 1: Swept Away

The sound of breaking glass filled the air, and it was quickly accompanied by the screaming of a certain royal imaginary friend.

Up in the Mansion, Bloo was running as fast as his non-existent legs could carry him, to get him away from the scene of the crime. Duchess' shrieks and screams of bloodlust filled the air, as more random objects were thrown in Bloo's direction as he fled.

"YOU INSOLENT LITTLE TOAD!! I AM GOING TO HAVE YOU KICKED OUT OF THIS DUMP!!!" the indescribable European accent filled the air, her shrieks filling the air like poisonous gas. It caused most friend's in the close vicinity to jump at just how dangerous and angry she sounded. It was given that Duchess was rarely happy, but her voice alone could melt metal.

Mac had just arrived, it being three o'clock, and had heard the tail end of Duchess' shrieks and screams as he entered the foyer. Bloo all but flew off the stairs and skidded to a halt, falling onto his back and came to a halt in front of him.

"...Bloo, what've you done this time?" Mac asked.

"Nothing!" Bloo shot back, even before Mac had finished his sentence. He sat up. "Her royal ugliness confiscated my paddle ball, so I just go back in there to find it but I can't but then I see it's on top of her big stupid dresser so I climb up on it and then before you know what's happened the stupid thing's fallen over and her royal stinkiness comes in and starts screaming blue murder! ...literally!" the blue friend explained while animating his hands to show just when he was climbing, falling, and when the screaming occurred. "It's totally not MY fault!"

"Clearly."

"Ya see?" Bloo asked, exasperated from his explanation but beyond grateful that Mac understood.

"But still," Mac started, glancing over his shoulder. "We both know Duchess is a force to be reckoned with, and if you did break some of her stuff-even when it wasn't your fault-" he added as he saw Bloo was about to protest, "She just might get Mr. Herriman on her side and get you kicked out of here!"

This was true enough. Everyone knew Mr. Herriman didn't like Bloo at all, and had told him so on numerous occasions. And given Bloo's breaking of just how he was offered accommodation in the mansion without having to be adopted, the rabbit had always watched him and heard for any mischief so he could barge down upon him like a storm.

Both boys gulped.

"I gotta get outta here Mac!" Bloo grabbed his friend's shoulders, shaking him in desperation. After a few shakes Mac broke free of his clutches.

"But Bloo, we can't run away!"

"Oh yeah? Who says we can't? Either way I'm outta here like… like… I dunno, something body wants!" the blue imaginary was clearly distressed. Normally, Bloo never took things he broke as seriously as he had when he busted Madame Foster's bust. But this wasn't a bust, this was Duchess they were talking about. The one imaginary Mac called an 'imaginary fiend' behind her back.

The two stood in silence for a few moments before they both fled from the foyer as the sounds of high heels began storming their way down the upstairs corridor that would lead to the foyer.

It wasn't that much later when two silhouettes were seen fleeing from the Victorian mansion, but neither seemed to really know which way to go or where either. They couldn't go to Mac's home, Bloo was meant to be gone. They couldn't go back to Foster's, they'd be in deep trouble with not just Duchess, but probably Mr. Herriman, Frankie... maybe even Madame Foster! They couldn't face that kind of wrath. So they were running scared.

So scared in fact, they failed to see something stirring upon the horizon. Something big, swirling, and causing a great mess in it's wake.

Back within the mansion, alarms were sounding. It would have to be the first time this kind of alarm had ever been used in all of Foster's history. I mean really, who ever heard of a twister striking this town?

"It's absolutely preposterous!" shouted the rabbit angrily at the window where he could see the looming destructive force. "This is the complete incorrect climate for a twister, you sir are unwanted!!"

The alarm continued to ring through the mansion and Frankie was panting as she was running through the house, directing 'traffic' as it may. "C'mon people move it move it MOVE IT!" she hollered, grateful to see some of the larger friends had managed to scoop up the smaller (and younger) friends to carry them to safety.

Whilst the house had indeed been here for generations, during the 'Cold War' time in America a massive bomb shelter had been dug out in the backyard. That was just where all the 2,000+ occupants of the house were going. And a few of the neighbours, who didn't have the luxury of cold concrete and steel in their backyards to take shelter in.

Wilt, Eduardo and Coco were also herding as Frankie was. It was a surprise given Eduardo used to be terrified of just a thunderstorm was managing to keep a sort of level head around him. Probably due to his Guardian instincts telling him he had no time to be afraid right now, the smaller friends need his help. Coco was picking up the scavengers in her beak and tossing them out the doors to follow the long line that was now descending into the shelter.

"Wait a minute," Wilt stopped, looking back behind him. He knew every single friend in the house by face and name and he had seen everyone but... "Where's Mac and Bloo?" he asked.

"Azul?" Eduardo asked, for he too hadn't seen the familiar blue blob. Or Mac.

"Coco!" Coco cried, looking out at the storm which was almost down upon the house. The windows were beginning to shake.

"Oh man we can't leave them, where are they??" Wilt was beginning to panic, if Mac and Bloo were still in the house there was no way he could leave them.

"Coco co occocococo cooo!" the birdplantplane friend cried, grabbing his wrist band and began to tug at his arm but that did little good since his arm stretched.

"Coco is right! Maybe they is okay, maybe they is somewhere, we can no stay here anymore! Wilt I is ascared!" Eduardo too had glanced outside, and seen a few trees being ripped up from the ground.

"I'm sorry but-" Wilt started, but before he could finish it Eduardo had actually picked him up off the ground and managed to carry him, also pulling Coco under his other arm and ran full force through the winds, and took a running leap and the trio vanished into the bunker as the door slammed shut behind them.

Mac and Bloo had indeed seen the monster, and both had screamed like a pair of little girls before turning and running back to Foster's. Neither knew of the shelter, they had never really been in this sort of situation before. Forgetting Duchess's fury and now more worried about the storm's fury they ran into the mansion but found it deserted.

"What, where are they?!" Bloo screamed, "They're NO where!"

"W-what if they've been blown away already?" Mac asked, terror lancing through his body at the idea of his friends being tossed around in the winds.

"Don't talk like that!" his friend shot back, but he too now had visions of Wilt clinging to the basketball hoop as it was flung around the storm. Mac grabbed Bloo's hand and they ran as fast as they could through the house,

"FRANKIE? MADAME FOSTER? WILT? EDUARDO? COCO? ...DUCHESS? MR. HERRIMAN?!" both boys screamed out the names of their friends, and then some, but to no avail. The two bunkered down in one of the rooms and just sat there, clinging to the other in silent terror as the storm's screams grew louder, and louder. The very house felt like it was shaking in terror, and then the storm finally hit.

To be continued

Last edited by CG; 11-30-2006 at 04:20 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote