Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

View Poll Results: Do you share the same love of cheese?!
Of course! Who doesn't? 28 50.91%
Are you kidding? Cheese is so annoying! 27 49.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2007, 09:45 AM   #21
fostersfan666
Newly Abandoned
R.I.P. 2004-2009  

I never really liked Cheese. I thought "Mac Daddy" was going to be his only episode. After "Mac Daddy" he really got on my nerves.

Edit: but I do like the way he says "I like Chocholate Milk." lol .

Last edited by fostersfan666; 04-15-2007 at 10:18 AM. Reason: I remembered something
fostersfan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #22
MacAttack140
Newly Abandoned
Destroy the Non-Belivers!  

Location: Can't you see? I'm in the birds, the trees, YOUR SOCKS
Talking Cheese Rules!

I luv cheese..... he is so funny that even in everyday sentences i use some of his funnist lines! Also, i have obtained a new form of liking chocolate milk because of him, im serious. One of my favorite times that u see cheese is in the Big Picture when the hallway is filled with chocolate milk and cheese floats past saying: "I like chocolate milk." He gets me every time, that little rascal. Lol!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #23
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire
Talking

I love Cheese! I quote him all the time! He's hilarious!
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:40 AM   #24
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Cheese is funny. But he works best as a background character. I loved him (and many agree) in Infernal Slumber, he was great! But, I think we've pinpointed the formula for a bad Cheese episode, The Big Cheese. From the look of the forums, everyone dislikes that episode to some degree due to overexposing Cheese. I think there's a lesson in this. Every character works well in different ways. Mac works well as a main character, so does Eduardo. Bloo can be a main or side character with equal style. But Cheese is just perfect as a side character. As a main, he kinda stinks. Well, he always stinks, but I mean metaphorically. Nonetheless, he gives some of the best lines. Anyone seen the Japaneese version of Mac Daddy? "Chokoreto Miroku Daisuke!"
Old 11-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #25
Sparx
Newly Abandoned

Hey baby... I'm a gazillionaire  

Can't get enough of him! Cheese is great!
Sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #26
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Like many others, I'm pretty meh on Cheese; he's fine once in a while but if he showed up in every single episode? Le sob. Totally annoying for Cheese haters.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #27
BabyCharmander
At Home
Mur?  

When I first saw Cheese in CN's commercials I thought "oh holy crap this character looks as annoying as HECK." The first ep I saw with him in it, not counting The Big Picture, was Infernal Slumber, and I actually thought he was pretty funny in that ep. Then I saw The Big Cheese... which... I really didn't like. Then I saw Cheese-A-Go-Go and wanted to SHOOT HIM in that ep 'cuz he gave me the worst headache EVER. Then finally I saw him in Mac Daddy and thought he was okay.

I don't absolutely hate him but I hope they never use him as the main focus for an ep again like in Cheese-A-Go-Go (if that counts) or The Big Cheese. He was perfect in Infernal Slumber.

...Though I don't like him a ton I find myself quoting him a lot. XD; (Mostly "doitagaoindoitagaindoitagain" and "I LIIIIIIKE this game!" and "nothergamenothergamenothergamenothergame" when I feel like yelling something random. XP)

BTW, Ub3rD4n, where did you see Foster's in Japanese...?

Last edited by BabyCharmander; 11-03-2007 at 02:40 PM.
BabyCharmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #28
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I like Cheese, but I think I can get enough of him at some point. I know I've mentioned this before, but I loved Cheese when he first appeared. "Mac Daddy" was one of the best episodes imo, and I know most here agree. His cameo in "The Big Picture" was trivial but I remember first seeing it and yelling "Hey! There's Cheese again! Yay!" I too loved him in "Infernal Slumber", as he actually helped get Terrence back to bed (and I loved it when he clings to his face and says "Quiet doggy!", lol). And also the part when he sucks his whole face in while drinking Coco's smoothie, it was...different. But then "The Big Cheese" came, and he was annoying the living daylights out of me. Sure, some of his lines in that eppie are some of my favorites ("I like fishy crackers!" "Can I have some fishy crackers?" "I LIKE the fair!" "This candy is broken!" "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!" And then of course his list of ailments at the end). But it was "Cheese a Go-Go" that broke the camels back, and he's really starting to annoy me now. The fact that the S2 DVD features Cheese as much as it does sure didn't help. I agree with what's been said earlier, overexposure to Cheese isn't a good thing. He's best only as a secondary character, and the Foster's crew should be very, very careful if thinking of making an episode focusing entirely around Cheese again. I personally would love to see Cheese again, maybe even for the entire length of an episode, as long as he's not the center of the show.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #29
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

See, I didn't think Cheese was annoying in Cheese A-Go-Go. Sure, he was irritating to Frankie, but so was just about everyone else that episode. He wasn't the sole focus of the episode (as opposed to, say, Mac Daddy or The Big Cheese) so he didn't annoy me that time round. I loved Cheese A-Go-Go.

Oh, and as to where I saw Fosters in Japaneese, it was on Youtube a while back, before they chucked it due to copyright issues. Shame.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #30
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Eh, Cheese is ok. I thought he was absolutely cute and hilarious in "Mac Daddy" and "Infernal Slumber", but I could barely tolerate him in "The Big Cheese" and as for "Cheese A-Go-Go"...yeah, don't EVEN get me started on THAT one again. XP

I just think that he works better as a background character...or maybe even a one-time gag character, but making him a main character just leads to disaster. Besides, with great characters like Bloo, Mac, Wilt, Eduardo and Frankie (many others as well) I don't really see a need to make Cheese a main character in the first place. It just...wasn't the way he was originally designed, I think. He just becomes too annoying when he's cast as a major character sometimes.

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 11-04-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote