Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #21
Voxxyn
Banned

A great character. In fact, he'd be tied with Frankie for my favorite character if he weren't so harsh on her.

And I'll say it again, we need more episodes in which Herriman and Frankie are the main characters, like in "Setting A President".
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #22
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
I love Mr. Herriman. He's hilarious and Tom Kane does an awesome job doing his voice. And not only is he a bunny, he's a bunny wearing a hat. Automatic win.
And a monocle. You can't forget the monocle
Old 08-25-2006, 10:35 AM   #23
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Can you imagine what would have happened had Herriman also showed up at Mac's apartment in Infernal Slumber. He would most likely say that stuff was out of line and order Mac to make things up to standard. I can imagine something like this now:

Herriman: Master Mac, I say that the jars in your cupboards are out of line. Straighten them up at once!

(Mac annoyed but trying to keep his voice down): Look, this is our house. You don't live here!
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #24
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Herriman is best used making life hard on Frankie and Bloo. Their reactions to his craziness are usually entertaining.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:33 PM   #25
Voxxyn
Banned

I'm partial to his soft side--though that's because we've become so used to him being stuffy and uptight, that it's a delight when he does loosen up and show some heart. I already liked him for being funny, but "Setting A President" made me sympathize with him a lot more.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #26
ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
Permanent Resident
And it's Goo!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell_Phone_guy View Post
Can you imagine what would have happened had Herriman also showed up at Mac's apartment in Infernal Slumber. He would most likely say that stuff was out of line and order Mac to make things up to standard. I can imagine something like this now:

Herriman: Master Mac, I say that the jars in your cupboards are out of line. Straighten them up at once!

(Mac annoyed but trying to keep his voice down): Look, this is our house. You don't live here!
I can SO see that happening.

Anyway, I love Mr. Herriman. He's got a great, deep character, I think.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:58 AM   #27
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Ohmygosh! It never occurred to me he was english! To me he hasn't really got an accent, other than that of a gentleman, a rare and special breed in itself. He's an officer and a gentleman. Sort of.

I always thought he might have something to do with Avril Harriman, who I think was US ambassador to Britain on the eve of WW2, I may be incorrect. Maybe the young Miss Foster took a shine to the chap at some point, he certainly looked the monocle type, anyway. He may not have been english but i'm sure he was a gentleman.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #28
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I'm partial to his soft side--though that's because we've become so used to him being stuffy and uptight, that it's a delight when he does loosen up and show some heart. I already liked him for being funny, but "Setting A President" made me sympathize with him a lot more.
I'm sure you enjoyed "World Wide Wabbit" too, since it shows a heart warming scene of him doing what he used to for Madam Foster when she was just a "sweet little girl".
Mister Harrimin is one my top three list. just behind Frankie and ahead of Coco. I think he is one of the funnyiest characters in the whole show, when they give him an episode. And many people dislike his harshness to Frankie, but it's a necissary evil. That makes for many of the best laughs when Frankie gets frustrated with him. But they are still family. You can see that they get along when they're in a good mood. Or at least, Frankie makes the effort to get along with him.
My favorite episodes are the Frankie and Harrimin ones. They bring out the best in each other comicaly. "World Wide Wabbit is a testomant to that, and it had me laughing non-stop! Good stuff.

Last edited by Medikor; 09-22-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #29
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Herriman....

I have to agree. He has the potential to be a very funny character.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #30
donna323
Settling In

Cheese, Please!  

Default Mr. Herriman

Dear Friends ...

Let's not forget Mr. Herriman's abject fear of puppies and dogs. And there was the time he went "wild" when the gang was camping and he met the wild bunnies (who picked his pocket in the end).

Mostly though, I have to agree with comments made above on Mr. Herriman and Mrs. Foster. Imagine what kind of kid she was, and more ... imagine what kind of ADULT she is NOW! Her imaginery friend is still hanging around! I think the true focus should be on Mrs. Foster. Did she have a love? Must have because she has a grand daughter? What did she do before she opened the home for wayward Imaginary Friends? What is her favorite color? What does she like to eat? Is she completely out of her mind, or only a little. Did she do a stint wrapping christmas gifts at Bloomingdales?

Maybe if we went back in time, we would discover that Louise is really Mrs. Foster and they are totally caught in a quantum time loop.

Now that would be wierd.

~D~
donna323 is offline   Reply With Quote