Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #11
ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
Permanent Resident
And it's Goo!  

Completely adorable, Kageri.

Bloo's great. He's definately the most expressive character on the show. Very difficult to do with such a simple-looking character, but Foster's definately pulls it off. -wink-
Old 08-16-2006, 10:45 AM   #12
Scribble
At Home
Secret Door!  

Send a message via MSN to Scribble

I think Bloo's character design and raage of expressions was what made me love him in the first place. I too was amazed at how such a simple character could be so... alive! And he was the one the made me watch Foster's in the first place.^^ I usually find selfish, bratty characters annoying, but it's different with Bloo somehow, probably because we know he doesn't mean to hurt anyone. And yes, his adorableness does help things along a bit!

Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #13
FostersFriend
At Home

Mac & Bloo - Buddies For Life  

I agree. I never really like jerky characters. But Bloo was just soo cute (he oozed cuteness) and he really didn't mean it. Many reasons for his Jerkyness is that he doesn't even know, sometimes he's so caught up in the moment. That it just seems to happen as he is occupied with a subject that he finds overwelming. Bloo Rocks

Last edited by FostersFriend; 08-16-2006 at 10:49 AM.
FostersFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #14
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Yeah, his cuteness (hehe, a blob oozes cuteness?) as well as the fact that he's not malicious redeem him somewhat...
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:08 AM   #15
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

I even like characters that are malicious, because.... well, I'm really weird. I just like the "arrested development" thing Bloo's got goin' on. He's like an eternal little kid... wait, if he's only five, is it really arrested development? Something to think about...
Old 08-16-2006, 11:17 AM   #16
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Something else to think about: are Imaginary Friends immortal? Because I don't wanna imagine Bloo in a spaceship...
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #17
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I'm not really a big fan of jerky characters, either. Blooregard Q. Kazoo is one exception. Why? First of all, you have to admit that he is indeed, well -- cute. Second, I don't believe he's trying to hurt anyone, when he's up to no good. Third, Bloo's voice-over. You have Bloo's appearance, add the high-pitched, adorable sounding voice -- voila!! You have the ingredients to create a fun, lovable character! This is why he's definitely one of my favourites.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #18
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

I don't really notice Bloo's self-centered nature. I guess that's because his cuteness radiates so brightly that it hides his selfishness. I love that blue blob with his funny voice and his big smile and his crazy expressions and his crazy adventures in that crazy house.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:10 PM   #19
DoubleLatte
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
I agree with IL; I love Bloo's selfish sarcastic ego-tripping, but I guess I just gravitate toward immature, bratty characters. But I mean, come on. He's adorable.
Utterly and completely. Bloo's impulsive, reckless, sometimes insensitive, and he makes it ALL look so cute.

Quick question: where exactly did Bloo learn how to drive? It just baffled me when I saw "Bus the Two of Us" for the first time.
DoubleLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:23 PM   #20
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleLatte View Post
Quick question: where exactly did Bloo learn how to drive? It just baffled me when I saw "Bus the Two of Us" for the first time.

Well Bloo has driven before, in the season 2 episode "Partying Is Such Sweet Soiree" where he had commandeered Madam Foster's Firebird to search for Mac.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote