Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Default Sleepy sheep...

So I always find this interesting: How do you fall asleep? So many people do it differently that I have actually never talked to two people who did it the same way. Some count sheep, while others make up huge stories, and still others completely clear their minds.

What do you do?

I personally make up crazy stories. Stories that would never actually happen. They always involve different people, maybe my friends, maybe people I don't even know. The funny thing is, none of my stories have ends because I always fall asleep before I finish them. If I particularly like a story, I'll continue it the next evening, but I still never end it.

Maybe I need to start writing some of these puppies down...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Trazodone. Works reasonably well.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-09-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Misspelled "Trazodone". Probably means it's time to take some.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I just hope I fall asleep before morning. It always takes me hours to fall asleep, seriously, and sometimes I don't succeed. I've wasted half my life laying awake in bed.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

Usually I stay awake worrying about stuff until I eventually pass out. I actually do make up stories though... I didn't think anyone else did that. But my stories tend to resemble badly written fanfiction as they usually revolve around a movie I've watched or book I'm reading.... Yeah, they never have endings because I do fall asleep in the middle of them.

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i'd LOVE some advice on falling asleep (i've built up a tolerance to sleeping pills and Valerian root takes like 4 hours to kick in for some reason)

last night i was up until 4:30 watching Venture Brothers Season 2 on my laptop. I figure i was too wired from excessive coffee and chewing tobacco to fall asleep

on a related note (and completely blowing my friend Fred's theory out of the water), chewing tobacco is not a cheap substitute for Nicorette, you will end up both chewing and smoking

looks like another sleepless night... Fear and Loathing in Upstate NY

@ Pawbah... i write too, when i have trouble falling asleep. Put some of the clutter in your head on paper and you feel better, man
Old 02-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #6
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawbah View Post
Usually I stay awake worrying about stuff until I eventually pass out. I actually do make up stories though... I didn't think anyone else did that. But my stories tend to resemble badly written fanfiction as they usually revolve around a movie I've watched or book I'm reading.... Yeah, they never have endings because I do fall asleep in the middle of them.
You aren't the only one though the difference between our head stories and bad fanfic is that we aren't stupid enough to think other people will worship them as great literary works!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I actually wrote a blog about ways to get a good night sleep over at my MySpace about two years ago.

But how I actually fall asleep is usually similar to what has been mentioned so far. I think of "stories", whether I'm reliving something I enjoyed sometime in the past, imagining something that I wish would happen and day dreaming about how great it would be, or just entertain myself with random characters or people I know. I also usually fall asleep before I finish it, but I'll think it up again the next night, and maybe add improvements to it. As to actually falling asleep, I just find a comfortable position, make sure my neck and shoulders are well supported and just relax. It helps to be a little too warm, too. Not to where I'm uncomfortable, just a little warmer than normal. I sleep best with lots of covers over me.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote