Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu
Default Save the Seakittens? (Disturbing Images Warning)

Let's not turn this into a general bash/worship-PETA thread, because those can get out of hand.

Apparently, ina bid to stop people from eating fish or fishing ever again, PETA has decided to Rename fish "Seakittens in an attempt to make them too cute to ever kill.

here is their official site

...Sea Kittens? Really? Well, might as well test it to see if it works:

...nope. Not the same at all.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Epic Fail...... xD
Old 01-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Someone dumped those fish (and more) at the end of the block. There is a less-kid-friendly "regular" version of ceilingseakitten, but I am not posting it here.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Oh, I see.

PETA's attempt won't work.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

They've petitioned several schools, which include some sort of fish as part of their name(including Whitefish High School and a Spearfish High School)to change their schools' names to "Sea Kittens High School", to reflect a kinder attitude towards fish, and in the case of the Spearfish school, to get away from a violent image(a "spearfish" is a predatory fish with a long bill, like a Marlin or a Swordfish). All this from an organization that ruthlessly killed 97% of the animals entrusted to its care in 2007, demands the genocide of all short-haired, muscular dogs, put up a billboard comparing the gruesome decapitation and cannibalization of a bus passenger in Canada by a psychopathic killer to the eating of chickens by humans, and publishes comic books aimed at elementary kids that tell them their mommy or daddy will kill their pets and them, too, if mommy has a fur coat or daddy goes fishing. Anyone else see something horribly screwed up with this?

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Heh, you took those pics, Rid? Creative!

PETA is way out of bounds if you ask me. And this is coming from someone who has never seen her cat as a pet, or even really a "cat", but a little furry person with feelings and emotions and memories just like any other person. Some see that alone as "not normal". Working in a pet supply store, they've caused a bunch of havoc for our company, too. Accusing us of animal abuse and taking unauthorized pictures, posting them on the web with only part of the story behind what was going on in the picture, making it look ten times worse than it really was. What a mess that was for us.

If I remember correctly, our corporate headquarters hired a lawyer to defend the company, and we were proven not only innocent on all causes, but one of the companies that has the best and most genuine care for the animals in our charge. HA!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
They've petitioned several schools, which include some sort of fish as part of their name(including Whitefish High School and a Spearfish High School)to change their schools' names to "Sea Kittens High School", to reflect a kinder attitude towards fish, and in the case of the Spearfish school, to get away from a violent image(a "spearfish" is a predatory fish with a long bill, like a Marlin or a Swordfish). All this from an organization that ruthlessly killed 97% of the animals entrusted to its care in 2007, demands the genocide of all short-haired, muscular dogs, put up a billboard comparing the gruesome decapitation and cannibalization of a bus passenger in Canada by a psychopathic killer to the eating of chickens by humans, and publishes comic books aimed at elementary kids that tell them their mommy or daddy will kill their pets and them, too, if mommy has a fur coat or daddy goes fishing. Anyone else see something horribly screwed up with this?

pitbulllady
I'm not really surprised at all, pbl. It's really messed up that the organization can do nasty things to promote an agenda, claiming that they're all about animals' rights and saving them.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

best thread ever
Old 01-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
I'm not really surprised at all, pbl. It's really messed up that the organization can do nasty things to promote an agenda, claiming that they're all about animals' rights and saving them.
Unfortunately a lot of groups will do horrid things to advance their agendas. Lying, distorting evidence, bullying the opposition, it's all fine with them when it's done in the name of The Cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
best thread ever
Okaaaayyy...

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-18-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
AXavierB
Newly Abandoned

I read about this a couple of months ago.

Personally, calling them "sea kittens" just makes me want to eat them even more. So PETA fails.
You'll be right here with me
And when your tears are dry from crying
And the world has turned silent
When the clouds have all departed
You'll be right here with me
AXavierB is offline   Reply With Quote