Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #1871
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

As I mentioned on the "...that made your day" thread I jammed with some friends again tonite. But here is what I have a beef with. Now call me a musical snob, but I prefer to work with musicians of EQUAL strength, or BETTER than me. I grow as a musician that way. I prefer to work with musicians that are better than me - that is how I GROW. When I was with the Blue Hobeneros, these musicians could blow circles around me. The drummer practically educated me to be a REAL blues bass player. I would have to say that if it were not for that, I would not have been around when we opened for BB King and Buddy Guy. Nor would I have had the honor and privledge to play bass behind Big Pete Pearson for one set.

So when I jam (and it is supposed to be for fun), I wind up telling the guys I jam with they are doing it wrong, or here is the proper chord on this (and literally showing them). I just can't sometimes tolerate musicians that cannot keep up. Again it might be my musical snobbery.

Last edited by Howard; 01-17-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #1872
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
I've never heard any employee say something like that before. Also, what a jerk for throwing the milk carelessly on top of the potatoes.
besides, if nobody buys groceries that moron is out of a job...
Old 01-20-2009, 07:31 AM   #1873
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I spent the entire weekend cleaning my apartment and moving the furniture because Management has decreed that all power outlets and light fixtures need to be replaced. This is pointless but whatever. The maintenance guy and the electrician were supposed to be here yesterday at 12:30 PM. They never showed up. I called the office earlier to find out when they were going to be here. By coincidence, they were planning to drop by around noon, which is exactly when I won't be here due to an appointment with my accountant. Just perfect. Now I've had to tell them to reschedule and the maintenance guy hasn't given me a date or time. I'm guessing tommorrow but I don't really know. What I do know is that my furniture is all out of place and in my way, some of it is standing on end so that the electrician has room to replace perfectly good outlets that I never use, the entire apartment smells like a combination of air freshener, Windex, and dust, and I am worn out, bruised, and have a nasty gash on one hand, and I can't move anything back until this three-hour replacement operation has been completed. My apartment is in chaos. This is beyond annoying.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #1874
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Call again. That clerk needs to be reprimanded at least.
I did, the manager was "out" again. When he finally returned my call 3 days later, I was the one who was out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
...Who says that??? Seriously, wth.
That's what I thought ~ rather boorish behaviour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post

Given that kind of "service", you should probably find another store that sells groceries: you deserve better than what took place that day.
I agree with you. I try not to be an ignorant jerk by holding a grudge, but I really don't want to shop there again.

Did you get your vehicle running yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
I've never heard any employee say something like that before. Also, what a jerk for throwing the milk carelessly on top of the potatoes.
ORD, this was a first for me, too! The day was very cold, but that didn't give this person an excuse for his appalling behaviour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I spent the entire weekend cleaning my apartment and moving the furniture because Management has decreed that all power outlets and light fixtures need to be replaced. This is pointless but whatever. The maintenance guy and the electrician were supposed to be here yesterday at 12:30 PM. They never showed up. I called the office earlier to find out when they were going to be here. By coincidence, they were planning to drop by around noon, which is exactly when I won't be here due to an appointment with my accountant. Just perfect. Now I've had to tell them to reschedule and the maintenance guy hasn't given me a date or time. I'm guessing tommorrow but I don't really know. What I do know is that my furniture is all out of place and in my way, some of it is standing on end so that the electrician has room to replace perfectly good outlets that I never use, the entire apartment smells like a combination of air freshener, Windex, and dust, and I am worn out, bruised, and have a nasty gash on one hand, and I can't move anything back until this three-hour replacement operation has been completed. My apartment is in chaos. This is beyond annoying.
That's highly aggravating when you are held "captive" waiting for someone to show up at your apartment. It's like waiting for the "cable" guy to show up & they never do when they're scheduled to!

I hope the electrician shows up soon & that your hand starts to heal. Do you require stitches?
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #1875
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

No, no stitches, just a bit of bleeding. In any event they're doing it tommorrow, assuming I can get ahold of the maintenance guy. Stars, I cannot wait to find a new place.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #1876
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

What a pain that sounds. I empathize, as I know what it's like to have the carpet shampooed, and had to do much the same thing. I'm sorry Cass. Hope your hand will be ok.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:33 AM   #1877
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Four electricians descended on my place about 15 minutes ago. Yay. Hopefully this fiasco wil take less time to finish than the three hours they're estimating and I can try to restore some semblance of order to my apartment. They were pleased that I moved the furniture out of the way; apparently I'm the only one in the building who did so. The power to my bedroom, where my computers are, will be cut soon but hopefully it won't be off for too long.

My hand is fine, by the way, and thanks for your concern.

Edit - The entire operation took just over two hours. Now I can start picking up the pieces.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-21-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #1878
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I think the economy is being hard on all of us right now. And although I'm trying to be patient and understanding when businesses are doing whatever they can to cut costs here and there, I can't help but feel a little mad about it too.

Just now on the news, they pointed out that a lot of packaging for products we buy is getting smaller, yet we're paying the same price. I actually had noticed that a number of months ago, but it's becoming more and more common. And as for my own company, corporate is manipulating all the electronic clocks in the store so that we're tricked into clocking in late and clocking out early. Basically, the time clock is about five minutes slower than the computer clocks. It won't let us clock in until only two minutes before we're due to come in. But with the time clock five minutes slow, it's actually three minutes late. And it's the computer clocks we usually look at when we see it's time to go home. So we go to clock out, and see we still have five minutes left of our shift. Many people, in a desire to get going, will clock out anyway. So unless we're really careful, we're each tricked into working five to seven minutes less every day.

And just today we noticed our thermostat has been turned down. Unfortunately we have no control over it at store level, it's corporate who dials into our computers and adjusts it. It was FREEZING in there today! Colder than I ever remember it being! That concerns me because we have animals in our care, including desert reptiles, tropical amphibians, birds, and fish who need warm temps to survive. And even though they have their own heaters and basking lamps, it's so much easier to control the climate in their cages/aquariums when the store temperature is steady and comfortably warm. I might try to wear long-johns to work for the rest of the winter just so I don't freeze like I almost did today.

Last edited by Lynnie; 01-26-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #1879
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

I'm so sorry Lynnie! I tend to be very sensitive to the cold, so I can understand having to wear extra layers. And your time thing? That sucks! It's very wrong of them.

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #1880
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Having found a decent apartment, well, Reality took my happiness as a personal affront like it always does and retaliated by attacking my other computer. Specifically, I'm getting an "NTLDR is missing" error and the damn thing refuses to boot. The Windows XP disc has gone missing, courtesy of the recent visit from the electricians, so unless I can find it there's nothing I can do. Serves me right for trying to get a little happiness out of life.