Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #21
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Yeah, I've had that one, too. Never woke up wet but I did wake up in considerable discomfort more often than not.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #22
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

When I was little I had a reoccurring nightmare that seemed a very typical nightmare for a little girl. My precious baby brother was kidnapped- by living skeletons! They were going to harm him in some unimaginable way in each dream, and the one I remember most is where they took him to a condemned and abandoned house in the middle of a vacant lot, had a cauldron over a huge bonfire, and put him in it. I could hear the baby screaming and crying. My best friend at the time Emily and I went in and tried to save him before his crying was *gulp* silenced forever. It was soooo scary for a five year old. I loved my baby brother!

Still do but, he's 26 now.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #23
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

I've never had recurring nightmares before now that I think about it.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #24
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-a-lacka View Post
I've never had recurring nightmares before now that I think about it.
don't jinx it
Old 01-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #25
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
don't jinx it
Oh, jeez, you're right.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #26
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Ever since last April hit me like a tsunami, I've found myself paranoid over so many things now. What else can possibly go wrong? And I tell myself, Oh, you'd be surprised.

Among the nightmares I lived through during the month of April, my car broke down and was nearly to the point where everyone was saying it will never get fixed and I might as well just sell it for parts, and learn to take the bus. Much thanks to a friend of my dad's it was fixed (after three or so weeks), but even that hurt my bank account. I have a nagging fear that it's going to happen again. And right now my parents are on their way to Europe, and except for an occasional email, we'll have little to no contact until they get back. And whaddya know, I have a dream last night that my car breaks down. And at night. I dreamed my battery, or the wires connecting it to the rest of the car, was going bad as I was losing more and more power and my lights dimmed. Some strange dash light came on saying something about some parts are out of date and need to be replaced (it was like the "check engine" light, but more long winded). On top of that, my front axle broke and I couldn't steer. So I finally just pulled over and cried. I had no idea who to call to come pick me up much less what to do about my car. I felt so helpless and I knew the nightmare that was April was starting all over again, and this time it may not have a happy ending like that one finally did.

I think I'll be driving my mother's car while they're gone. It's newer. And I'm also thinking I should snoop around some of my dad's papers looking for phone numbers of friends of his I could call if such an emergency should happen. Dang, I had plenty of friends of my own who could help me out when I lived in Texas. I just never made any real connections since I've been up here. It's frustrating.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #27
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

For me, I would rather have a nightmare than an intense dream (freaky). I will say since I was in my teens, my dreams have centered around watching planes crash, or tours in mortuaries (and that is really freaky).
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #28
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

I've had more plane crash dreams since I moved under the flightpath to the nearest airport and they're pretty scary. I've had fairly regular nuclear war nightmares since I was a little kid to the extent that I'm normally quite complacent during them now. The last few have actually revolved around sorting out what food I've got left in the ruins of my house.

The ones that disturb me the most are the ones where I've forgotten to feed my rabbit and it's starving to death, locked in its hutch. It actually died about 15 years ago of natural causes and never went hungry in its life but the thought of it still causes me to panic in my dreams. .

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #29
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
I've had more plane crash dreams since I moved under the flightpath to the nearest airport and they're pretty scary. I've had fairly regular nuclear war nightmares since I was a little kid to the extent that I'm normally quite complacent during them now. The last few have actually revolved around sorting out what food I've got left in the ruins of my house.

The ones that disturb me the most are the ones where I've forgotten to feed my rabbit and it's starving to death, locked in its hutch. It actually died about 15 years ago of natural causes and never went hungry in its life but the thought of it still causes me to panic in my dreams. .
I live 25 miles from the airport, but the planes come down over Fountain Hills (Arizona) as they are turning on final. About late in the afternoon, I can catch the British Airways 747 that goes non-stop from Phoenix to Heathrow.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #30
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
I live 25 miles from the airport, but the planes come down over Fountain Hills (Arizona) as they are turning on final. About late in the afternoon, I can catch the British Airways 747 that goes non-stop from Phoenix to Heathrow.
The noises they make when they're suddenly slowing and descending often make me stop even now. We've got it easy here compared to Heathrow where planes seem to be landing every few seconds and form giant queues in the sky. Even so, when the air in the atmosphere above this area is reasonably still, the sky is filled with vapour trails going in all directions and at different altitudes. I'm always reminded of those Hopi prophecies about cobwebs in the sky. I wonder if people in other cities have this? They really are fantastic things these planes. If you live away from the city you see more military stuff. I know someone who lives near a big US base in Eastern England who sees all sorts of really fascinating stuff go over.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote