Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 09-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #11
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

I have few dreams that survive the night in my memory.
But most of them are either REALLY WEIRD, or nightmares.

After a day they become totally unrecoverable though, lost in my memory.
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:38 AM   #12
L.G.
Melvineer

Recently, I had a dream where there were layouts for future railroad tracks marked on the ground and then suddenly, 747s' start crashing to the ground. A zombie apocalypse followed afterward and I found myself in an old warehouse. Zombies came in and all I had was a rubber sword. After apparently escaping their grasp, I ended up just outside of a Victorian style house, and an unfriendly small dog (possibly infected) confronted me. It leaped to attack me...and that's all remember.

Lately, my nightmares have been zombie apocalypses or I find my self in an unusual jail.

Last edited by L.G.; 01-04-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #13
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I don't have nightmares very often (thankfully), but I actually had one last night. As there are many horror fans here, maybe some will enjoy this.

I dreamed I had just finished taking a shower and was combing my hair out in front of the bathroom mirror when I noticed an ulcer on my scalp. It didn't hurt, but it was maybe 3" by 3" big and I thought "What the... Where did that come from? I don't remember feeling that while washing my hair!" I took a closer look and noticed that my skin was coming loose from my skull and the ulcer was getting bigger. I then looked at my comb and saw the big chunk of skin that had apparently been pulled off my scalp while combing my hair. And now that the hole had been started, it just kept growing as the skin around its edges continued to come loose and fall off. Soon my whole scalp was skinless (and hairless of course), and from there it started spreading to my face. I had some type of flesh eating bacteria or something and was going to die of infection in a matter of days! And the face looking back at me from the mirror soon was definitely horror movie worthy- very bloody and such. I screeeeeeeeamed!!! And what made it worse is it was another of those dreams that felt so dang real.

I was totally and completely creeped out when I woke up, and I was afraid to wash my face this morning. I was almost afraid to even look at myself in the mirror, because the sight of myself in the dream was still very fresh in my memory. I felt freaked out for most of the morning, even when not thinking about the dream. When I got home from work this evening, I took a shower and after I got out the creepy feeling returned as I looked carefully at my scalp. Whew... nothing was wrong. But OH MY WORD, that was the creepiest and scariest dream I've had in years.
that's pretty heavy, Lyn i dig it

yeah i can never remember my good dreams, just like 3 bad dreams a night total downer, man. Recently they involve me being thrown into a Mexican jail, probably because i'm planning a vacation to Mehico with my bros. I wanted to do Rio but we came to the conclusion that we'd get in waaay too much trouble in Brazil
Old 01-04-2009, 01:30 AM   #14
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Wow yeah, I remember this. Thankfully the dream isn't as vivid in my memory anymore. I do however remember feeling really creeped out that entire day. And I'm glad to say that my skin is still healthy and firmly attached to my skull.

Hehe, I'm glad you liked that though, Party.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:49 AM   #15
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Last night, I had a rather peculiar but pretty disturbing one which was essentially a cross between The Wicker Man, Soylent Green, Battle Royale and Father Ted (the latter because Dermot Morgan and Ardal O'Hanlon were the sort-of protagonists for a large proportion of the dream, only I took over at a couple of points). There was also a bit from Day of the Triffids, but fortunately that was still a fictional film within the context of this dream, so the presence of man-eating plants was less of a worry. It certainly wasn't fun, but still, it was nowhere near as malicious as this dream I had the other night about my dissertation - the bugger is done, it's completed, it's in the past, I just wish that it wouldn't keep raising its ugly head at me in my sleep, convincing me in my more vulnerable state that I'm still writing it, with only one weekend left to go, and that all of my previous work files have been mysteriously deleted.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 01-04-2009 at 02:53 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #16
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
And I'm glad to say that my skin is still healthy and firmly attached to my skull.
always a plus
Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #17
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
I don't have nightmares very often (thankfully), but I actually had one last night. As there are many horror fans here, maybe some will enjoy this.

I dreamed I had just finished taking a shower and was combing my hair out in front of the bathroom mirror when I noticed an ulcer on my scalp. It didn't hurt, but it was maybe 3" by 3" big and I thought "What the... Where did that come from? I don't remember feeling that while washing my hair!" I took a closer look and noticed that my skin was coming loose from my skull and the ulcer was getting bigger. I then looked at my comb and saw the big chunk of skin that had apparently been pulled off my scalp while combing my hair. And now that the hole had been started, it just kept growing as the skin around its edges continued to come loose and fall off. Soon my whole scalp was skinless (and hairless of course), and from there it started spreading to my face. I had some type of flesh eating bacteria or something and was going to die of infection in a matter of days! And the face looking back at me from the mirror soon was definitely horror movie worthy- very bloody and such. I screeeeeeeeamed!!! And what made it worse is it was another of those dreams that felt so dang real.

I was totally and completely creeped out when I woke up, and I was afraid to wash my face this morning. I was almost afraid to even look at myself in the mirror, because the sight of myself in the dream was still very fresh in my memory. I felt freaked out for most of the morning, even when not thinking about the dream. When I got home from work this evening, I took a shower and after I got out the creepy feeling returned as I looked carefully at my scalp. Whew... nothing was wrong. But OH MY WORD, that was the creepiest and scariest dream I've had in years.
Oooooh I hate dreams that mess with my appearance!! I had a dream once that I looked in the mirror and my skin was dark black like it'd been burned and was all cracked and peeling. It was so scary!

I always also have dreams that I'm getting on rickety old amusement park rides that in NO way could ever be safe. Those are recurring!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #18
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

I had one once where I dreamed I was drowning. Then I woke up with a mouth full of drool.

Just as well for such a dream. I don't know how to swim.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #19
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
Oooooh I hate dreams that mess with my appearance!! I had a dream once that I looked in the mirror and my skin was dark black like it'd been burned and was all cracked and peeling. It was so scary!
The oddest dream I ever had where my appearance was different was one where I looked like one of the chimpanzees from the Planet Of The Apes movies. It wasn't a bad dream as I recall, just very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
I always also have dreams that I'm getting on rickety old amusement park rides that in NO way could ever be safe. Those are recurring!
When I was a child I used to have a recurring nightmare where I would be on one side of a street and my family and often my home were on the other. I would want to join them but I knew that if I tried to cross the street I'd get hit by a car. There was never any traffic and I'd look both ways but the moment I set foot on the street sure enough, a car would show up out of nowhere. I never got hit - I always woke up in the nick of time - but I never made it across the street, either.

In retrospect I guess that even as a six year-old child I knew on some level that there was no point in trying to connect with my family, and that I'd always be outcast and cut off.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #20
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I possibly risk making a fool of myself by asking this question, but I'm curious...am I the only person who has this recurring nightmare in which I'm really desperate to urinate, but just can't seem to find a suitable venue? It's no fun, I can tell you.

BTW, there are some people who'll insist that if you dream about urinating, it's a sure sign that you're going to wake up with a wet bed. I can confirm from experience that this isn't true.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote