Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
A long ass time ago Disney was planning a live Sailor Moon, the hype around the DIC version of the show during weekday morning cartoons made it pretty big.

I never heard of any progress as far as who the girls would be casted as or how they were going to do Luna or any of the special effects. The only thing I know for sure I heard MANY times was that Geena Davis was contacted to play Queen Beryl. Davis also mentioned she was actually excited to play Queen Beryl.

But like most movies, it died in development hell and just never went anywhere. A rumor floated around about Buffy creator, Joss Whedon coming on as either a writer or director for the Moon movie.
I don't how reliable Wikipedia is nowadays, but I found out from a link to a Variety article (from the Wikipedia article on Sailor Moon) that the director was to be Stanley Tong. (source: https://variety.com/1997/voices/colu...zy-1117863071/)

If you don't know who he is, he directed the third and fourth Police Story movies that starred Jackie Chan, and a Disney film from 1997 that wasn't that much well-received...

Let's just say that I'm glad the Sailor Moon movie died when it did.

Last edited by frankie_fan; 05-09-2020 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote