Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #351
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Not as rushed as you may think, actually. TV movies are easier to get in the can than theatrical blockbusters. In fact even those can be done rather quickly too. It's the calendar watching and looking for prime rating and maximum profits that usually decides the release dates.

Though I will admit, there are quite a few movies that have suffered from being rushed. But once again this is a TV movie, being released in December, they have plenty of time.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:35 PM   #352
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Invader Zim: "The Frycook of doom"

I'm so glad Nicktoons shows this show in repeats because it is a funny ass show and I'm glad I finally got the chance to see what I've been missing.

Btw, Gir kicks ASS!
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #353
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Sherman's March, on the History Channel, a documentary about a great general who truly cared about the men under his command and helped bring to a close of of the saddest chapters in American history. Very moving.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #354
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Invader Zim: "The Frycook of doom"

I'm so glad Nicktoons shows this show in repeats because it is a funny ass show and I'm glad I finally got the chance to see what I've been missing.

Btw, Gir kicks ASS!
Go to "Scarymonkeyshow.com" it has most of the scripts for the canceled episodes. All of them are funny.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:01 AM   #355
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Talking Holy controversial re-imagining, Batman!

Phew...I've just come to the end of a crazy ten days or so that saw me blast through all 50 currently aired episodes of WB's recent The Batman show far faster than was probably good for me, and overall...I really like it.

Let's make no pretences; it was a show that had a lot to prove, due to the inevitable comparisons to the earlier classic Batman: The Animated Series, and quite frankly, it got off to a poor start with a really patchy first season that seemed to forsake characterisation and dynamic plotting for OTT gadgets, ninja overkill and rank puns. It always had a few things going for it; it looks gorgeous, with brilliantly stylish action sequences and really strikingly original designs, and had a great, moody theme song from U2's The Edge, but it seemed like it was going to be a creature of pure style over substance, and not a show that was really worth my while.

However, with the finale of Season One, a two-parter that introduced their original and tragic take on Clayface, the show demonstarted for the first time that it could have brains too, laying the foundation for a vastly improved second season (the creepy Goth-esque Riddler and the return of Clayface being the highlights). Season Three dipped somewhat, I must say; Batgirl's addition livened up the first few episodes, but they seemed to run out of steam a little, and Batgirl's sassy teen schtick amused me at times but annoyed me at others. Season Four, on the other hand, is killer; for some reason, Robin's addition ties the whole thing togther perfectly, and there are some brilliant stories in this latest batch, particularly their origin stories for Robin, Riddler and of course Harley Quinn.

I've really enjoyed watching this series progress; it always had potential beneath its flaws, and watching that potential realise itself over four seasons has been very gratifying. I know a lot of people wrote it off after its shaky start; I would really recommend they give it another go, because it's really come on in leaps and bounds to become a great show in its own right. I look forward to the two-part Season Four finale on April 28th and May 5th almost as much as the new Foster's.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:26 AM   #356
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I've always found "The Batman" to be a truly under appreciated show. It's obvious that comparions are naturally going to be made with the first show, but I stopped doing that a long time ago because I have always and I WILL always consider these shows to be 2 completely different animals.

They do things differently and there's nothing wrong with that. I actually enjoyed the new Batgirl alot more then the old one, even though this one did piss me off a few times. And as much as I loved the old Joker, I find myself loving the new one as well just because it's a whole new take on the clown.

I think this new Joker's look definitely envokes a stronger sense of "madness" then the old one. I also love the new Penguin as opposed to the old one who I found to be a drab villain and hardly a formidable one at that. The Batman show has also in my eyes, improved on certain things the old Batman show failed at.

Such instances include Robin's family (this was done MUCH better), Clayface, The Riddler's origins, Firefly, Maxie Zeus, and especially Bane. I think Bane was ruined in both the film version and the original animated series, so it was nice to see the new show get him done correctly and properly.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #357
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I dunno. I still prefer the original animated series' origins for Clayface and Riddler. I don't really like this new Riddler at all. I guess because I really liked the episode, If You're So Smart Why Aren't You Rich. And the Clayface although awesome in the way they've twisted on it still has nothing on the episode Feat Of Clay. That was just so great.

I've never wanted Penguin to be that formidable. Well at least not the way they present him. The concept of a polar opposite of Bruce Wayne is pretty cool, but where did the martial arts angle come from?

The Jokers are almost on the same level. I think Hamill's Joker certainly got his madness across in such eps as Mad Love, Christmas with the Joker, Joker's Favor, and who can forget Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. Not only that Hamill's voice is the definitive portrayl of the character. The fact that KMR uses shades of that supports this in my opinion.

I do agree with the Firefly thing though and Bane, seeing as they were treated as throwaway characters almost in the later iteration of the old series, The New Batman/Superman Adventures. In fact Firefly was the B-plot to an anthology episode, Legends of the Bat, which if you may remember was the first time they did the whole Frank Miller DKR thing on screen.

Batgirl is much more fun too, but I get a little too many Jade Chan vibes from her.

As for other villains, Mr Freeze doesn't seem anywhere near as threatening as the one from the last series. But the new Clock King rules, too bad we won't be seeing him again. I'm hoping they develop the other side of Catwoman, because she's more than just a woman in a cat suit that likes cat things. I commend them for including Basil Karlo, Clayface I, in the show, as well as a villain everyone thought would be impossible to transfer, Black Mask.

But overall through all my rambling I must say that this new version is quite underappreciated. It's a great show. Worthy of the greatest Elseworlds title, heck it could even be part of the original multiverse it's that decent. Now here's hoping Legion of Superheroes can find it's footing in its next season.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:24 PM   #358
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Last TV show I watched was Spicks and Specks. Adam Hills never surprises to amuse me!

P.S. I like your quote, Mr. Marshmallow. Funny!

Last edited by frankie_fan; 04-25-2007 at 06:25 PM.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #359
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
I dunno. I still prefer the original animated series' origins for Clayface and Riddler. I don't really like this new Riddler at all. I guess because I really liked the episode, If You're So Smart Why Aren't You Rich. And the Clayface although awesome in the way they've twisted on it still has nothing on the episode Feat Of Clay. That was just so great.

I've never wanted Penguin to be that formidable. Well at least not the way they present him. The concept of a polar opposite of Bruce Wayne is pretty cool, but where did the martial arts angle come from?

As for other villains, Mr Freeze doesn't seem anywhere near as threatening as the one from the last series. But the new Clock King rules, too bad we won't be seeing him again. I'm hoping they develop the other side of Catwoman.
I still prefer the old Riddler too, I never stopped loving his brilliant character design and his even more brillaint voice actor, John Glover. I found the new Riddler look to be very creepy and a much more "evil" looking then the old one. There is one thing I do like about the new Riddler over the old one.

The origins, and that's simply because the old one re-used a tired old cliche of having an angry boss being the reason he went mad. They already did it with Mr. Freeze, Clock King, Baby Doll and etc and I found Riddler's new origins to be much more interesting and more dramatic.

Now, I'll never get over the fact i love Clayface, the old one is one of the baddest ass Batman villains ever. But the fact they actually turned a main character, Bruce's best friend into the new Clayface....that to me is just a stroke of genius. Plus it really helped work in Karlo becoming Clayface II.

Penguin was given fighting skills to make him capable of fighting back. I really did find the fact he never got in Batman's face even a LITTLE in the old series to be boring, and his episodes weren't that exciting. This one at least makes him interact more plus he really makes good use of his umbrella weapons.

Something I am very glad they did. Mr. Freeze was never intended to be better then the old one, the creators said in an interview that they were never going to touch their fine work in the past anyway. The one thing I do like is that this Freeze is actually CAUSING the ice to shoot out.

He became a real meta-human, something Batman doesn't have alot of. This Freeze actually generates the ice from his own body where as the old one simply used his suit to contain his cold temperature. I still love the old Freeze, but I just thought this was a neat idea.

I too hope Catwoman gets used more, I didn't like her old gray outfit too much but I think there doing a good job making her remain a thief then mixing her into good guy territory. I also think they did a good job improving Man-Bat, I LOVE his new "white" appearance, very creepy and evil looking.

I really enjoy this series and I always enjoy talking about it, and I always say that anyone who doubts the series should watch "Batman vs. Dracula", because that is one hell of a good DC flick.

P.S.

Thanks Frankie fan ^^

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 04-25-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #360
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Clock King wasn't an angry boss. Hamilton Hill wasn't Temple Fugate's boss at all. Temple Fugate became unwound, pun intended, because he couldn't handle making mistakes so he blamed someone else. He was actually a formidable adversary for Batman, but I can see why he wasn't used too often. I mean spontaneity is his weakness, that would get real boring real fast. I still say Time Out Of Joint is a fantastic episode and has one of the best themes ever composed for an animated series.

Riddler's Revenge, I'm actually on the fence with that ep. Even though it was wrong for his partner to do what she did, in reality she had good reason, she just made the wrong choice. Nygma really was a psycho waiting to happen and shades of it were already showing up prior to his downfall. I'm not excusing her at all, I'm just saying that what led to her actions was quite believable and something I can imagine many people in the same situation doing.

I wonder if they'll ever do a Mud Pack episode with the Clayfaces? Or if they'll include Clayface III. Even though that particular Clayface is pretty frightening, melting people into protoplasm to ease his pain. Though as far as deaths go, is a lot more kid-friendly than laughing yourself to death as has been depicted in the previous series.

I can understand Penguin being given fighting skills, especially based on what you said. Even though I actually liked his eps in the old series. But did they have to go back to the deformed Cobblepot instead of the refined billionaire with an odd love of birds? I mean this show was made in anticipation of the Nolan film, so I was expecting something that tried to get away from Burtonian influence.

Still, I feel you on the angry boss thing. The thing that elevated that cliche was the great writing, and the fact that it was heads and shoulders above the horrible cliche of love conquers all in Spider-Man. Though that was a good show too, that cliche really wore on me, even as a kid.

Another thing I have to commend them on is their brilliant use of Doctor Hugo Strange. He was only used once in the original series, but here he's been used in a way that's just great. Also bringing in Charaxes but bypassing the whole giving up his soul thing. He isn't full on Charaxes, lacking the bloodthirst of Killer Moth/Charaxes in the comics, but it is a kid's show.

Looking at a recent episode of The Batman, I wonder when the Joker shoots Barbara Gordon.