Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #21
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellestea View Post
ok.. i officially hate glider rider!... ahhhhhhhhhhh... hehehe...
Yeh its a rough game,

It toom ne about 4 or 5 tries to get use to it,
bassically get good at avoiding the baddies, houses and trees.
Then get good at killing the Cannons.
remember the controls are not so good with giving multiple commands at once, so you cannot shoot and go up at the same instance.
Shooting lots of balloons is useless since you run out and it makes controling your IF harder. so only shoot one or two balloons to kill an enemy, if you miss then just Dodge it. once you get to higher levels and you get better aim the points come quicker.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:20 PM   #22
Vicks
At Home

Any advice for Game 2 of the Choo Choo game? For the life of me I can't get past Level 10. I get hung up on the springy tracks on Level 7 and by the time I get to 10, I've spent most of my lives between 7 and 9. I've tried jumping and aiming for those springy things, but usually just fall off.

I had a hard enough time getting used to the game on Game 1, and now Game 2. I'm going to hate 3. So any advice is appreciated. At least I was able to get the Glider game relatively easier, but still it was a while getting used to it. Both these games on this update are more challenging, which I welcome, but still... lol
~Vicks

Last edited by Vicks; 03-23-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #23
montitech
Foster's Legend

I added more hints to Choo choo yesterday to post#1.

for those jump pads, they are rough, IF you are not going fast enough you miss the first pad. once you hit the first pad use the left arrow to go slower, and take one pad at a time, you do not need to use the jump key on the pads just guide yourself (and pray)

monty
Old 03-26-2007, 01:13 AM   #24
Vicks
At Home

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Monty!!!!!!!!

I FINALLY beat the highest score to get the prizes. I was stuck at getting just under 1900 for far too long. lol I didn't even think to measure my jumps to hit each platform. I was jumping on the first, jumping over the second to the third, jumping over the forth to get to the fifth, then onto the track again. It was hit and miss, but more miss than it was hit, as you have to be just right in order to do it. I never really used the arrow keys on my jumping in Game 1, so I had forgotten about it completely. I never really shot at anything either. I never got the tacks, Army guys or pencils to go away, so I gave up on shooting them.

Anyway, THANKS! I finally got all the prizes, and am finished with that darn game. Well, until I unlock Game 3 of it. Oh well. I'm just glad to be done with that one.
~Vicks
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #25
montitech
Foster's Legend

Please note in Choo Choo Challenge you cannot kill the stationary obsticals, but you get points for shooting the moving obstacles.

Also I forgot to post Game 3 of Choo CHoo on saterday but it's been added to post 1.

Monty
Old 03-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #26
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Another minor update from this month was the inclusion of....."In Game Advertising".

Today for example I logged in and saw posters for that new Disney computer generated flick (Meet The Robinsons) plastered in various place around the house. (There was one on the first floor, and a couple of the fifth floor.)

Yay.

Last edited by taranchula; 03-26-2007 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added photographic evidence of one of the ads in question.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #27
J@ro_Link
Newly Abandoned

And i saw a few in the backyard. Anyway i think they found an idea that might give them money from this game, i wouldn't be suprised if there will be some minigames, buddys, hats or other stuff which is connected with that movie.

Money makes the world go round.
J@ro_Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #28
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Well endorsements are all well and good, I just hope they aren't the kind of ad's that infect one's computer with spyware and ad ware, like some in game ads have been known to do.

Last edited by taranchula; 03-26-2007 at 04:07 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #29
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Huh... why would a site run by Cartoon Network advertise Disney movies?
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #30
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Huh... why would a site run by Cartoon Network advertise Disney movies?
THe same reason they play all those disney ads durring the day.

Monty