Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #41
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Hmm, I dunno, she just always did have that weird structure to her, but it's hard to imagine how exactly that is.
When Duchess was first imagined, she had 3-Dness and a full body, then the creator (or family of) got so sick of her, and before finding out about Foster's, they smashed Duchess flat inside their largest atlas book and kept her in the attic. That's my theory.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #42
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

LOL!! Yeah!

Wish she could have stayed there. I wonder how she got out. Perhaps when they were moving to another house or something, and the book dropped and fell open. She escaped, and the world (and Foster's) would never be the same again.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #43
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

I really hope the writers could officially end my speculation about Duchess past, present, and future in this last season. Despite being very annoying, she is IMO an interesting character, with all her devious plans (House of Bloo's), trap door (Dinner is Swerved, now THERE's a secret door Bloo didn't really like!), and I have yet to watch Duchess of Wails (I hear it's a great episode.)
Old 04-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #44
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Duchess is obviously based on the works of artist Pablo Picasso from his "Classisist/Synthetic Cubism/Surrealist" period, from the late 1920's through WWII, so she would have probably been created, probably in Europe, sometimes within that time frame, or shortly afterwards. Her accent is definately Eastern European. I've had this theory that she and her creator were separated by the invading Nazi troops, and perhaps she witnessed quite a few horrors, which could account for her nastiness. It's a defense mechanism borne of bitterness.

pitbulllady

Of course, there's also the theory that WORLD WAR II IS DUCHESS' FAULT.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #45
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
Of course, there's also the theory that WORLD WAR II IS DUCHESS' FAULT.
According to Jackie, the first World War is WILT'S fault, so he'd probably blame Wilt for the second one, too!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #46
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
According to Jackie, the first World War is WILT'S fault, so he'd probably blame Wilt for the second one, too!

pitbulllady
ROFL, but that'd be impossible - Wilt was created in 1976.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #47
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Speaking of wars and such... Duchess vs. Scissors: that would be an EPIC battle!
Old 08-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #48
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Duchess was the one not-Frankie subject I asked Craig about last Sunday. He told me that they never created her creator but he was an artistic prodigy of a sort, creating pettigreed, artistic Imaginary Friends much as Picasso or Van Gogh would create paintings, and the IF's he created were for sale to those who could afford them, much as we might purchase high-end paintings and sculptures. Duchess ended up at Foster's because of her attitude; no one was willing to put up with her, including (I assume) her creator and his parents. I didn't ask about her age but if she was created to look the way she looks now, she could possibly be much younger than we've thought. Another point to ponder is that she's a sentient being but is also for sale, which has some serious implications. Thoughts, anyone?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:20 PM   #49
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Sportsmen are sold between teams in certain team sports. You must have that over there too in Football or Basketball or something.

Don't we all sell ourselves a little bit, usually our goods, our skills or our time, in order to survive till tomorrow and maybe be a buyer of somebody else. Duchess's commodity is her whole self but that in turn is part of her creator until she is signed over to Fosters. As to her value...I'd have to say she's beyond price.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #50
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Duchess was the one not-Frankie subject I asked Craig about last Sunday. He told me that they never created her creator but he was an artistic prodigy of a sort, creating pettigreed, artistic Imaginary Friends much as Picasso or Van Gogh would create paintings, and the IF's he created were for sale to those who could afford them, much as we might purchase high-end paintings and sculptures. Duchess ended up at Foster's because of her attitude; no one was willing to put up with her, including (I assume) her creator and his parents. I didn't ask about her age but if she was created to look the way she looks now, she could possibly be much younger than we've thought. Another point to ponder is that she's a sentient being but is also for sale, which has some serious implications. Thoughts, anyone?

I think that being a child, her creator can be forgiven, sort of, for creating Imaginary Friends to sell, and thinking no more of them than he would of a painting. Children are strange like that; they'll bestow the same affection upon a toy or something inanimate that they would on a family member while conspiring to give away a younger sibling, literally. It does open a bit of a worm can, though, to equate the Imaginary Friends(even Duchess)with things that aren't even alive, let alone sentient and sapient(which is a much-higher level than being sentient)beings. I guess that could account for Duchess's attitude, knowing that her own creator did not even acknowledge that she was an intelligent individual in her own right, and only thought of her as a way to make money. Again, it gets into the whole thing of the Imaginary Friends in the Foster's Universe being self-aware, capable of complex language, abstract thought processes, a belief in an afterlife or immortal soul and believing that THEY have one, being capable of creating and making things up themselves, stopping just short of being able to imagine another being into existence(something they share with us adult humans). I think it does come down to, at some point, that some of the Imaginary Friends themselves are going to have to stand up for themselves and their own kind, generating another chapter to the civil rights struggle.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote