Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
fosters-fan
At Home

Send a message via AIM to fosters-fan
Default Anyone have an idea when.......

.........season six of Foster's will kick off this year? I'm dying here of just waiting, and if it doesn't happen soon, I'll give the guys who work on it a good kick in the pants!

Plus, I really hope it doesn't end after season six, even though some cartoon normally get 65 episodes in their runs. Besides, Foster's is WAY too popular, IMHO. But if they just end the show without giving it a rightful farewell episode (that is, WHENEVER the creators decide to end it), then I'll be mad.

-Eduardo, 'Eddie Monster'
fosters-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

This question was recently asked of Craig over on Deviant Art, where he has a gallery. HE doesn't even know when, specifically, it will begin airing, though he did state that they are currently animating Season Six at this time. There has been some speculation that it could begin airing sometimes in May, but again, there's no official word on either that, or whether Season Six will be the last or not. The series IS very popular and successful, as evidenced by recent merchandising deals, so it would indeed seem to be shooting themselves in the proverbial foot for CN to pull the plug anytime soon.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Don't know yet about when S6 will start airing, although I too have heard "sometime in May", or even if it will be the last season, but I finally have a date for CN's Upfront presentation- April 3, to be held in Manhattan. In previous years, it's been held in February, so understandably many are thrown off by it. The later date is much thanks to (you guessed it) the WGA strike. But, come April 3, I'm sure we'll get answers to at least one of these questions.

I agree with PBL here in that Foster's is doing very well, is bringing in most of the ratings for CN (along with Chowder right now), and is even getting more licensed merchandise on shelves, so it's probably safe to expect a season 7 to be ordered. But we'll still have to wait and see for sure.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters-fan View Post
.........season six of Foster's will kick off this year? I'm dying here of just waiting, and if it doesn't happen soon, I'll give the guys who work on it a good kick in the pants!

Plus, I really hope it doesn't end after season six, even though some cartoon normally get 65 episodes in their runs. Besides, Foster's is WAY too popular, IMHO. But if they just end the show without giving it a rightful farewell episode (that is, WHENEVER the creators decide to end it), then I'll be mad.
The bold statement...sorry to say, but that's being nasty towards the crew. These things aren't completed overnight. Hey, I'm with ya, when you say 'I want new episodes'; however, I'm a realist, and I believe in getting the job done right, not doing a crap job and rush things through. New episodes are airing: I don't care if they're going to air them in 10 days or 10 years from now (maybe not the latter, but yeah. )!!

As for the sixth season being the last, we'll see. Don't get too surprised if that's the last season. It has done well for CN, but nothing lasts forever. I welcome a seventh season, if it comes to that. The sixth season should bring the episode number to 78 or somewhere close to that; which is above the 65 mark (78 is the same number of episodes the Powerpuff Girls had). I would wait and see.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Here is a quote from Steve Hulett's Animation Guild (Local 389 IATSE) Blog from Feb 19 2008

Quote:
Cartoon Network doing episodes of Chowder, Flapjack and a new order of Ben 10. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is nearing the end of its latest season.
(Note I fixed a minor spelling error from the orginal blurb, on the site they refered to the show as Foxter's Home...minor misspelling or new spinoff series? Your call.)

So there you have it they are almost done with the animation, which if the past two years are any indication they will be ready to start airing new episodes as early as mid Spring and will be debuting the new episodes off and on, until late fall.

Also notice the wordage used in the blurb which mentions they are working on the "latest" season as opposed to the "final" or "last", so take that for what it's worth.

Lastly here is a link to the TAG blog website for anyone who wants to check out what their favorite animation studios are up to.

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

The reason that the upfront is so late can be blamed on the WGA strike.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

If they are, in fact, animating it right now, I wouldn't expect it out for a while. Sorry, gotta be patient and all that.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
MaxJ1800
Newly Abandoned

I just saw a commercial on Cartoon Network. It said that starting on the first Thursday in January, Thursday is going to be the night for new episodes. Including new episodes of Fosters.
MaxJ1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #9
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJ1800 View Post
I just saw a commercial on Cartoon Network. It said that starting on the first Thursday in January, Thursday is going to be the night for new episodes. Including new episodes of Fosters.
Uh...January? You don't mean June or July?.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #10
MaxJ1800
Newly Abandoned

Oh, excuse me, it said Thursday March sixth.
MaxJ1800 is offline   Reply With Quote