Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:22 AM   #991
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Sword in The Stone

My mom and Bilbo (her boyfriend) wanted to watch it last night, so we watched on DVD. Damn that scene with the squirrels :[ I hate it when Arthur breaks the squirrel girl's heart </3 It's so damn sad. But it's a nice movie, I like Madame Mim
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:34 AM   #992
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

I just watched "Anna Karenina" on DVD.

Greta Garbo was wonderful in the title role.
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #993
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Resident Evil: Apocalypse

I caught it on TNT, censored but there wasn't much to censor in this movie surprisingly outside of swearing. The first one is easily better than this movie in every way. Acting, music, and of course, camera wise.

This movie had some stupid ass blurry camera segment every time we saw the zombies coming. I think they crapped up Alice's character by turning her into a Supergirl rip off, but Nemesis kicked ass and it was just a fun action zombie romp to kill some time.
I liked both of them,
and saw both of them last night,
asside from the TNT presentation of RE2
The first was ended on USA network as that one began.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #994
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Resident Evil: Extinction

Surprisingly entertaining. Saw it with a few friends. Not stellar, but not a total waste of seven bucks, and good for filler conversation afterwards.

However, we all agreed that we would've been better off if we had just went to see Eastern Promises. Cronenberg films about the Russian Mafia trump zombie sequels anyday. Well, almost any day.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned

Last edited by AerostarMonk; 09-22-2007 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Oh, how you'll rue the day, MD.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #995
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Spawn

A comic book movie that really deserved another installment. A lot of people gave this movie a bad rap, but i really enjoyed it and have to say that I haven't seen such a marvelous villain performance (John Leguizamo as Clown) since Jack Nicholson cast as The Joker in the first Batman movie.

Granted they went a little overboard with the special effects, and some looked crappy as hell. But still, this movie had a lot of story going for it and I think it could have easily made a sequel that would have kept it into movie franchise popularity status.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #996
Starsky
Settling In
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!  

- "Reefer Madness: The Musical!" (5/5)
One of the funniest movies I've seen in a long, long time. This should have premiered on theaters, darnit.
Starsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #997
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

The Thing (John Carpenter version)

Probably not the best choice of film to be watching when you?re all alone on an ill-lit evening, but I had a good time nonetheless. Hard to believe that this was so reviled upon its initial release in the early 80s, because it is, quite frankly, my idea of the perfect horror film. There are a handful of pretty gruesome and ugly moments therein, but they?re few and far between, with much of the terror being milked from sheer anticipation. The story is involving enough to be genuinely scary, but it?s also a lot of fun, the ending is interesting and nicely ambiguous, and those tangible Thing puppets, though fairly obvious, could still take on most CGI monsters any day.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #998
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Resident Evil: Extinction

A hell of a lot better then I was expecting. I had all but given up on any hope of this film series surprising me but it proved me wrong, there was some really good stuff in here. Awesome action scenes and some REAL violence for a change.

Alice no longer shoved her "super woman" macho attitude down our throats like she did the last film, and aside from the fact they totally left out explaining what happened to the little girl and Jill Valentine from movie 2, this was a great film.

The birds was probably the best sequence they've ever created in all 3 films, along with the laser hallway sequence from the first movie (which they revisited here and LOVED it).
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #999
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Resurrection of The Little Match Girl

Korean HEAVILY Matrix inspired science fiction movie about a guy named Ju who buys a lighter from a program called The Little Match Girl and then enters a virtual reality world where he has to win the heart of The Little Match Girl to be able to win. Very... funny and random movie. The most important item in the movie is a mackerel, for instance XD
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #1000
montitech
Foster's Legend

From your description it dowes not sound like the Match Girl dies like the story (Hans Christian Andersen).

Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
Resurrection of The Little Match Girl

Korean HEAVILY Matrix inspired science fiction movie about a guy named Ju who buys a lighter from a program called The Little Match Girl and then enters a virtual reality world where he has to win the heart of The Little Match Girl to be able to win. Very... funny and random movie. The most important item in the movie is a mackerel, for instance XD
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote